Strategy Hypothetical Pick Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For discussion around possible Pick swaps heading into, or during, the draft

What is/ isn't fair, which picks are going to be the hottest property, the players that'll be in every clubs sights on night 2, etc.!

If Adelaide wanted Phillipou THAT much, they would have kept pick 5.

Adelaide knows what an early pick next year is worth. They can't leave the 2023 first round completly, but Carlton might do 11 this year and maybe 14 next year for 5 and 22 next year?

That seems like Carlton is getting good value in a vastly better draft.

You wouldn’t be so eager to trade a top 5 pick out of an elite draft if it weren’t in your favour.

You’ll leave the first round completely if you want the move. No one needs to bend over so the Crows can have all the SA talent.

That's a crazy low offer. You're not going to get a first without giving up a first. You generally pay slightly overs for getting the player into your system 1 year earlier. I'd suggest 13 and dees F3 for essendons f1
Our main focus would be trading pick 22 as thats the one were worried about

Id be happy to do 22+22 for 13 and also swap F3s if you still have one

Cant see us trading a future 1st, likely to be pick 6ish

That's a crazy low offer. You're not going to get a first without giving up a first. You generally pay slightly overs for getting the player into your system 1 year earlier. I'd suggest 13 and dees F3 for essendons f1
You think pick 13 and a pick in the late 40's/early 50's gets a probable top 6 pick, in a reportedly deeper draft?

Our main focus would be trading pick 22 as thats the one were worried about

Id be happy to do 22+22 for 13 and also swap F3s if you still have one

Cant see us trading a future 1st, likely to be pick 6ish
I dont think you know the value of the draft with all due respect. no club is going to part with a pick just outside the top for speculative picks in the 20's.

pick 6 is close to pick 13 if you factor in getting a player in 1 year earlier.

yep. if you want to get a player into the system 1 year earlier you typically have to pay slightly overs for that privilege.
I don't think there's a list manager on earth that would consider that deal.

I dont think you know the value of the draft with all due respect. no club is going to part with a pick just outside the top for speculative picks in the 20's.

pick 6 is close to pick 13 if you factor in getting a player in 1 year earlier.
Id think there would need to be a top 6 player on our board still available at 13 for us to do that...which is unlikely id say

Also our only focus is getting rid of 22

Maybe if the right player is there at 13 then we might consider F1 and 22 for 13 and your F1, however i did just say no to doing that for Sydneys 2 picks this year in the same deal

assuming no change...thats pick 4 in 2023 for 13 and a high 40s pick at best.

Essendon's F1 only goes on the table for the Suns pick 5 imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would put Hawks F1 on the table for North's pick 2 or 3 if it lands us Sheezel.

Other hawks fans are baulking at it but I would do it. Ideally I want one of the North's 40's pick alongwith it.

it's closer than pick 13 for 2 second rounders
It really isn't. I doubt we look at your pick, more likely to look at GWS 16, Collingwood 17 or Sydney 18. Collingwood especially if Jefferson is off the board
assuming no change...thats pick 4 in 2023 for 13 and a high 40s pick at best.

Essendon's F1 only goes on the table for the Suns pick 5 imo.
I don't think our F1 is on the table, period.

I would put Hawks F1 on the table for North's pick 2 or 3 if it lands us Sheezel.

Other hawks fans are baulking at it but I would do it. Ideally I want one of the North's 40's pick alongwith it.
Thank god Mark mackenzie was asleep and didn’t hear that! We likely finish low so you are giving up the same pick as sheezel on a stronger draft to upgrade a few spots that’s not where our list build is at that’s an in contention move.

It really isn't. I doubt we look at your pick, more likely to look at GWS 16, Collingwood 17 or Sydney 18. Collingwood especially if Jefferson is off the board

I don't think our F1 is on the table, period.
Yeah pick 18 for 22 and 22 is more even. You've got to pay a surcharge for getting 1 year of development into a player for free.

Yeah pick 18 for 22 and 22 is more even. You've got to pay a surcharge for getting 1 year of development into a player for free.
We probably get a later pick tacked on as well.

yep. if you want to get a player into the system 1 year earlier you typically have to pay slightly overs for that privilege.
I guess you answered your own question.

Who's going to do it?

No one. No one is giving you a pick in a much better draft so they can get a worse player earlier.

Let's assume the player you get at 12 is the equivalent of the player available at 18 next year. Would you trade 18 for 22 and 24?

Thank god Mark mackenzie was asleep and didn’t hear that! We likely finish low so you are giving up the same pick as sheezel on a stronger draft to upgrade a few spots that’s not where our list build is at that’s an in contention move.

Surely Sheezel is a need for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back