Autopsy AFL 2023 First Semi Final (Week 2) - Demons v Blues Fri Sept 15th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 67 33.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 73 36.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no point in analysing anything else. We kicked 9.17. That's all. Better team lost. Or at the very least, we were better in every facet of the game except for the final kick. A bit stiff with hitting the post 3 times, some goal reviews not going our way too. Nothing went right tonight. It's a shame because the dees were the only team that could beat Collingwood. It's going to be a fizzer of a final now.
I love these comments "the better team lost"

No, you just lost. Better sides kick goals. Better sides find a way.

Yes Jeremias its laughable. I made a call, got it wrong. Laugh it up. Good luck next week. Well played last night as well. You were better and more focused.

Just imagine how much we might’ve won by had it meant as much to us!

All jokes aside. What a game. Commiserations, it’s never fun losing and certainly not like that. I like the Dees a lot, they’ll be back.

All jokes aside. What a game. Commiserations, it’s never fun losing and certainly not like that. I like the Dees a lot, they’ll be back.
They will be back if they can sort their list out and ball use. I am somewhat happy it’s happened. If last year was a cup of water in the face then this year is an absolute torrent.

Anyhow. Very exciting for blues fans.

Fallen over the line in 2 finals. Not sure many neutrals rate the blues. still a 5-8 team.
Yet the Dees couldn't fall over the line in their last 4 finals.

Wrong again . We are a 1-4 team as we speak.
Melbourne are a 5-8 team
Blues have definitely earnt their participation ribbon, first prelim in 23 years 👍

Melbourne obviously more talented and electric, best team in the comp imo, but the composure in these finals was awful, almost non-existent

Carlton remained composed at all times and took their chances

This is going to be a fun week. Carlton fans all bathing in the same giant communal bath and gulping up the water. Truly some eyes wide shut stuff going on. Love to see it.

Blues have definitely earnt their participation ribbon, first prelim in 23 years 👍

Melbourne obviously more talented and electric, best team in the comp imo, but the composure in these finals was awful, almost non-existent

Carlton remained composed at all times and took their chances
That was my view on the game too.

Melbourne at times cracked in extremely hard and fast, and quite a few times it came off for them, but it was all blitz and hope.

Blues maintained system first and foremost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All pressure on the Lions.

Yeah don’t get me wrong, based on reading blues supporters posts lions are clearly the underdogs in this one. So all the pressure on us.

Yeah don’t get me wrong, based on reading blues supporters posts lions are clearly the underdogs in this one. So all the pressure on us.
Go and read the forums of the other 17 teams then come back to me.
They are all saying that Carlton will be slaughtered.
I'm sure lions supporters are under no illusion given their previous finals losses.
Funny game football.

Huh. Most of us are just hoping for a miracle.

Go and read the forums of the other 17 teams then come back to me.
They are all saying that Carlton will be slaughtered.
I'm sure lions supporters are under no illusion given their previous finals losses.
Funny game football.

I’m agreeing with you, all pressure on lions as big underdogs!

And yet, Charlie’s heading to a prelim, meanwhile May will be watching from home.. Enjoy the melt 🤷‍♀🤷‍♀️
The audacity to even criticise May is mind boggling. If he could've got Brownlow votes tonight, he would have got 15 votes. One of the biggest baths of any player in the last 20 years. Absolutely destroyed Curnow. It was so one-sided that you'd almost have to think about subbing Curnow off that's how one-sided it was. An amazing game by May.

Not so sure, the Dees in the last two campaigns have faltered and the window slams shut quickly …….. gotta strike while the irons hot and this includes the Blues.

Each year hungry teams find a way and the Blues look hungry to me. Good luck against the Lions next week and I’m one who thinks it’ll be a lot closer than others think.

There's no point in analysing anything else. We kicked 9.17. That's all. Better team lost. Or at the very least, we were better in every facet of the game except for the final kick. A bit stiff with hitting the post 3 times, some goal reviews not going our way too. Nothing went right tonight. It's a shame because the dees were the only team that could beat Collingwood. It's going to be a fizzer of a final now.
That’s two weeks in a row Demons fans and coach crying that they were the better team and should have won. They’re mentally soft, making the wrong decisions under pressure, delusional!

Not so sure, the Dees in the last two campaigns have faltered and the window slams shut quickly …….. gotta strike while the irons hot and this includes the Blues.
It's strange. I have a lot of time for Melbourne and watch them pretty closely.

So much talent there but you're right, the window can slam shut quickly and clearly they haven't capitalized on the talent they have.

I think they'll be there or thereabouts again next season but who knows how deep they'll go. You're certainly restricted if you can't take your chances when they present.

Each year hungry teams find a way and the Blues look hungry to me. Good luck against the Lions next week and I’m one who thinks it’ll be a lot closer than others think.

We're definitely hungry. And we're playing with a spirit that I've not seen from players in a Carlton jumper in a long, long time.
Fans are up and about but who can blame them? We'd be doing the players a disservice not joining in on the ride.

Next week will be bloody tough. We're sore and Brisbane up there is the hardest trip in footy. Brisbane strong favorites - rightly so - but you just can't count this Blues outfit out right now.

Belief is a bloody powerful thing. And right now the club has it in spades.

Back