Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Preliminary Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 23rd 5:15pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 47 19.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 111 44.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I really think Carlton should have won that. Giving up a 30 point lead in a final is quite rare, it was their game to lose. A bit of bad coaching, too, should have given them better instructions to control the ball away from Brisbane when they had them done in.
How dare you blame the loss on Michael Voss he's a legend of this club!

I really think Carlton should have won that. Giving up a 30 point lead in a final is quite rare, it was their game to lose. A bit of bad coaching, too, should have given them better instructions to control the ball away from Brisbane when they had them done in.
Well we've just had our best season since 2000 under Vossy.

We still have areas in which we need to improve though, and hopefully whatever issues that are still there will be rectified.

Blues had two hard-fought wins and ran out of petrol tickets by the end.

They should be chuffed with how this season turned around. A lot of good things to build on and some invaluable finals experience gained.
Yeah i agree with all that mate. Hopefully you guys will beat the Pies in the grand final now.

Well we've just had our best season since 2000 under Vossy. We still have areas in which we need to improve though, and hopefully whatever issues that are still there will be rectified.
I don't know, I'd be spewing about losing that lead. You take your chances. Collingwood blew a 29 point lead in a Granny and got rid of that coach, now, they're looking at better days.

Blues had two hard-fought wins and ran out of petrol tickets by the end.

They should be chuffed with how this season turned around. A lot of good things to build on and some invaluable finals experience gained.

They'll be right at the pointy end next year.

Unfortunately there is no guarantees of that. Even though the signs are looking good, so much can change in 6 months time.

Unfortunately there is no guarantees of that. Even though the signs are looking good, so much can change in 6 months time.
Yes. I think you can make a good case for Crows, Lions, Blues, Pies, Dockers, Cats, Suns, Giants, Dees, Port, Tigers, Saints, Swans, and Dogs for finals next year. Can't fit 15 teams into 8, though.

I don't know, I'd be spewing about losing that lead. You take your chances. Collingwood blew a 29 point lead in a Granny and got rid of that coach, now, they're looking at better days.

Yes. That will surely help Carlton. Sack the coach and look for another.

It has worked wonders for them. Brittain, Pagan, Ratten, Malthouse, Bolton, Teague...

Why not? 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. That will surely help Carlton. Sack the coach and look for another.

It has worked wonders for them. Brittain, Pagan, Ratten, Malthouse, Bolton, Teague...

Why not? 🙄
Probably won't happen for them under Voss, it'd be a rollercoaster for the next few years. I don't think Carlton will be back in the prelim, next year.

Adam Rozenbachs who's a Carlton supporter said on the Junktime podcast he didn't want to fork out big money to fly up for this prelim as he thought it could be another West Coast v Melbourne 2018 prelim annihilation, it wasn't that bad but I don't think he would have any regrets.

At least Carlton supporters that forked out big money to fly up there for this prelim had something to cheer about in the first half unlike Melbourne supporters who didn't see their team score a goal in the first half back in the 2018 prelim and the game was all over by then.

That would have been a long sad sorry trip home for those Melbourne supporters that made the trip over for that prelim in Perth back then..

Sandbag for three quarters, umm don’t think so. Baggers played one quarter of prelim football. Massive no shows from apparent star players all over the park. Pretty pathetic really.

Probably won't happen for them under Voss, it'd be a rollercoaster for the next few years. I don't think Carlton will be back in the prelim, next year.

Neither do I see it happening again. Pulled this out of their backside.

But the last thing this club needs is to change things every 2 or 3 years. For once, they need stability. They need to stick fat with Voss. Took Clarkson around 4 years to achieve success. Took Hardwick 7 seasons before succeeding in his 8th.

Sacking coaches is part of why this club has been an embarrassment for 20 years.

Neither do I see it happening again. Pulled this out of their backside.

But the last thing this club needs is to change things every 2 or 3 years. For once, they need stability. They need to stick fat with Voss. Took Clarkson around 4 years to achieve success. Took Hardwick 7 seasons before succeeding in his 8th.

Sacking coaches is part of why this club has been an embarrassment for 20 years.
Can I ask a crazy question about tonight’s coverage?? Was there any cross at all to the Carlton rooms ??? Did they just cut everything off? There was no Carlton room interviews on fox footy!

Didn't you say that your club would beat us as well?:grinv1: I'd say the Dees fans must have broken all their cheese boards in anger, after the final siren on Friday night.:laughv1:
We're in bonus territory really. That Carlton flag is coming fairly soon i think. Go Blues!
No, I said Carlton won’t win this one

Can I ask a crazy question about tonight’s coverage?? Was there any cross at all to the Carlton rooms ??? Did they just cut everything off? There was no Carlton room interviews on fox footy!
Probably because it’s Brisbane’s first GF in 20 years. Nobody really cares about Carlton when the Lions are up.

Did Patrick Cripps drop the World Cup after he gave away that 50 meter penalty. Why would he do that? Also Curnow won the Coleman but was non existent in this game. Team glory not so important I guess.

Back