Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Preliminary Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 23rd 5:15pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 47 19.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 111 44.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant finals series for Sam Walsh massively inflated his already great reputation.

GWS aren't better than Brisbane. And neither are you.

Collingwood done it tougher having outlasted the second best defense in the comp and now the in-form team of the competition.

Lions beat up on Kenny Hinkley and now Carlton who were celebrating and carrying on like they had achieved their lifelong goal to win a semi final last weekend. Carlton fans were rejoicing in the streets.
A lot of people said they had played their grand final and would run out of petrol tickets.

Charlie likes to kick bags on the dregs not the contenders. Possibly worst Coleman winner ever. Not in same league as Cameron
Shame he didn’t get to kick 6.0 against the other grand finalist tonight like he did last time he played them.

Worst Coleman winner ever.. wow. That’s pretty obtuse. I mean, he’s definitely not the worst Coleman medal winning player who played for Carlton tonight let alone ever.

Anyway, good luck to both sides nexts week.
If the pies are a little smarter than we were they will put some physical pressure on Kinney.

lots of 'we did really well to get there' on here and in the media

I really hope Vozzy, behind doors, is saying - Terry Wallace style - 'I'll spew' if any player is patting themselves on the back.

The effort after 1Q-time was pretty poor.

He sounded like Ken Hinkley, I wonder why 🤔

Can Carlton fans explain why The Blues just bomb kicked it every chance they got to Brisbane? You'd think methodical kicking would have been critical in that second quarter when they had the 4 goal lead, they could have mentally taken Brisbane out it by controlling the ball.

They had extra numbers behind the ball. And that didn't change when they went behind. I have no idea what Voss was doing with the magnets.

We lack elite kicks of the footy across the field. With Saad well held our options off rebound dry up.

Probably why we saw Boyd shifted around a bit to be our primary user from the back half late in the game as he's one of our only other really good kicks of the footy but he's still very fresh to AFL.

Yep that Newman guy doesn't kick very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a pathetic and weak choke by the Blues after quarter time. They just laid down and s**t the bed like a truly weak club.

Pathetic by the Blues, absolutely pathetic.
Holy moly. Are you serious? We were cooked, ran off our legs by a fresh team. We just played two gruelling finals.

I swear some people here must get off on posting this kind of toxic crap.

I'm proud of Carlton tonight.

Most predicted we'd get smashed. We didn't but despite running out of energy in hot conditions managed to keep the scoreline respectable.

And yet nuffies still post rubbish. My faves are the Essendon supporters with their failure complex.

Anyways, if anyone here predicted Carlton would give Brisbane a run in a prelim at round 15 I'll buy you a Ferrari. Outstanding effort and turnaround.

Big O was very good tonight, smashed the Carlton rucks. Mixture of nerves and rust coupled with the Blues playing very well rekt us in the first. Just needed to get out pressure going and wait until Carlton's DE dropped off the face of the earth and hit them from their turnovers.

Most predicted we'd get smashed. We didn't but despite running out of energy in hot conditions managed to keep the scoreline respectable.

And yet nuffies still post rubbish. My faves are the Essendon supporters with their failure complex.

Anyways, if anyone here predicted Carlton would give Brisbane a run in a prelim at round 15 I'll buy you a Ferrari. Outstanding effort and turnaround.

It was actually cold today, like 19deg with a cold wind.

You pretty much were after quarter time.

Great effort to make a prelim this year.

I think Charlie Curnow is going to have to adapt his game from the H&A to finals, he was very ordinary this series.

Back