Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Preliminary Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 23rd 5:15pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 47 19.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 111 44.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Rozenbachs who's a Carlton supporter said on the Junktime podcast he didn't want to fork out big money to fly up for this prelim as he thought it could be another West Coast v Melbourne 2018 prelim annihilation, it wasn't that bad but I don't think he would have any regrets.

At least Carlton supporters that forked out big money to fly up there for this prelim had something to cheer about in the first half unlike Melbourne supporters who didn't see their team score a goal in the first half back in the 2018 prelim and the game was all over by then.

That would have been a long sad sorry trip home for those Melbourne supporters that made the trip over for that prelim in Perth back then..

Blues supporters kept it from being a belting. Lions we’re definitely rattled which is why we got the jump.

Prelims haven’t come around much for the Blues in recent history I don’t think anyone would have any regrets.

Can’t be disappointed if you’re a Carlton or GWS fan. Not only did both have an incredible 2nd half of the season, but also won 2 finals and played well in the prelim.

More than can be said of Melbourne and Port going out in straight sets. At least Port took it on the chin.

Can’t be disappointed if you’re a Carlton or GWS fan. Not only did both have an incredible 2nd half of the season, but also won 2 finals and played well in the prelim.

More than can be said of Melbourne and Port going out in straight sets. At least Port took it on the chin.
And even if we somehow managed to win against Brissy, by the time the GF rolled around, we would have been running on fumes anyway. I think your mob are secretly fuming that you actually did not get us as the opponent.

And even if we somehow managed to win against Brissy, by the time the GF rolled around, we would have been running on fumes anyway. I think your mob are secretly fuming that you actually did not get us as the opponent.
We just defeated the 2nd best team in the comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vfl allocate the tickets you slapper. many lions members missed out
Live in Brisbane and don't know a single Lions member who was keen to go miss out. I easily got tickets as a Priority 3 member, so no excuses. Thought the crowd was great with the competition between chants really upping each other to take it to the next level anyway.

no. i realised that regardless of the potential advantages, I was a happier person when Blues were on their bikes. Always have been.

GWS aren't better than Brisbane. And neither are you.
Melbourne and Brissy are the best teams. Dees ****ed themselves over with bad kicking. Giants 3rd best, Pies and Blues neck and neck fourth and fifth best.

I'm confident we'll win next week but gotta kick straight and I would never underestimate the coaching mastery of McRae/Leppo.

Melbourne and Brissy are the best teams. Dees ****ed themselves over with bad kicking. Giants 3rd best, Pies and Blues neck and neck fourth and fifth best.

I'm confident we'll win next week but gotta kick straight and I would never underestimate the coaching mastery of McRae/Leppo.
I don’t think you could have beaten GWS.
I’d be surprised if the Pies don’t win by 6 goals.

I am not really all that upset, said from the beginning that beating Brisbane up there was a bridge too far. Even with a great start, they were a lot fresher and at the end of the day, the better team on the day and throughout the year. Still a very good year considering where we came from.
The Blues achieved a heap this year. You were playing against a mob in their fourth straight finals series and their third prelim in four years. Brisbane have been consistently good all year too.

I don’t think you could have beaten GWS.
I’d be surprised if the Pies don’t win by 6 goals.
It wasn't our best performance, Giants probably would've rolled us today, but most times I'd back us to beat them. Although, GWS are as good as anyone and could be scary good next year if they hold their heads high, do the hard work, and that Cadford or whatever his name is takes his game to the next level to help Hogan out.

Back