Preview Changes for Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
really looking forward to this game, anything less than a 60 point win means we have gone backwards IMO so lets see if our non existent game plan shines through or if we see more excuses like after the Hawks debarcle

yes i am still POed at that laughable effort on the weekend

I thought we played fine last week. We were just outgunned by the competitions best side who are currently in the hottest form ever. We weren't perfect, but I think we did fine. If we would have won that game, we would be title contenders THIS YEAR! Next year we would have won that game...

Writing the Dees off as a 60 point victim is dangerous for anyone. If nothing else, they have respect for themselves this year. People go on about the difference in the quality and abilities of players. My opinion of that is there is very little difference in players at the top level. Perhaps only 1 or 2%. It is the consistency of a player that makes them 'great' or looked apon as good.

If Melbourne play to their potential as individuals and as a group, they can beat anyone. It is the complexity of getting all those kids, tactics, combinations, etc all working together that is the challenge for a coach and a team. Last year it was all out of whack. This season Roosy is slowly , player by player, game by game, correcting what was wrong. When they get it right, Melbourne are going to shock some big sides. Like I said, in elite athletes, there isn't a lot of difference. Its doing the small things consistently well.

We will need to be at our best to beat them. Ive no doubt they see us as a potential victory. And believe me, after the horror they have been through, the pain of humiliation, defeat, etc, they are going to be mentally tough to beat. They don't want that pain again. Don't take the Dees easy. Im sure they believe they can beat us. We are a potential victory for them. They will be going hard at us. It should be a great game!

Last season we lost to all four teams we've played so far, Brisbane twice.

Our poor game against Hawthorn doesn't really hurt us in a comparison with last season, except in percentage, which I believe we will recover over the season. The next three games can hurt us.

Last edited:
Had to have a giggle at the article on Sammy Day in the Bulletin today. Nice write about the problems associated with using Day as the back-up ruckman including increased workload, etc, etc, and stating Gorringe could be the key when fit... but then the article mentioned our appalling goal conversion from our inside 50's compared to goals scored last weekend, and it sounded Bluey was genuinely shocked and unsure why it happened? ...Bluey, we have had the problem for years!

Last edited:

ROUND 5 AFL Premiership Senior Team
B: M. Warnock, S. May, G. Broughton
HB: S. Lemmens, R. Thompson, T. McKenzie
C: M. Shaw, G. Ablett, J. Harbrow
HF: A. Hall, T. Lynch, D. Stanley
F: L. Russell, S. Day, B. Matera
R: T. Nicholls, J. O’Meara, D. Swallow

INT:
T. Sumner, J. Hutchins, D. Prestia, M. Rischitelli, K. Kolodjashnij, J. Taylor, T. Murphy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to look more and more like Special has given every indication he's going back to the biff.
There can't be any other rational explanation when players like Taylor Murphy and Sumner are going in ahead of him

Starting to look more and more like Special has given every indication he's going back to the biff.
There can't be any other rational explanation when players like Taylor Murphy and Sumner are going in ahead of him

Dudes - Watch a game of NEAFL. He is in good form but cant even run out a game. He was gaining fitness every week, but then played 20mins of NEAFL before getting knocked out on weekend, so if not for that he may have been picked this week.

I just think he adds so much heart and soul to the team
Would love to see him playing

He can add all the heart and soul he wants but it is useless if he is sitting on the bench with cramp in the third quarter

He can add all the heart and soul he wants but it is useless if he is sitting on the bench with cramp in the third quarter
Watched hunt in the 2s for three week would play him in the ones in front of most players plays with heart,also josh hall should be in and Tom lynch out yes hall is raw but has a go

People don't seem to understand how useless K is when his body locks up and he starts cramping. Correct me if I'm wrong here, didn't Bluey bring Karmichael back too early last year and his lack of match fitness showed? Either way, there is no point in playing him at the senior level if he can't run out a full NEAFL game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back