Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if this had of happened while he was still at the Hawks, would they have allowed/made him to front the media?
It always seemed as though it was club talking on his behalf, releasing statements. Not much ever came from Franklin himself.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media have been at pains to state he recorded a zero reading when breathalized which is just one of the tests Eastern Suburbs police are able to perform at the scene of an accident.

If in fact it was a seizure, I believe the law requires license suspension for 12 months.

I doubt it was just a random seizure. More likely a result of a big New Years bender.

If the AFL weren't so hell bent on protecting their image, Franklin would be receiving the Tuck treatment. He's on 3 strikes at the present time and they are well aware.

An arrow from Caro.

"The Hawthorn leaders, both on and off the field, deserve much credit for the manner in which they handled Franklin over his time at the club and how he managed to thrive. Alternatively, there is an appreciation among his old teammates of Franklin's larger than life presence - now gone from Hawthorn's rooms - and his formidable talent.

"Not to mention the fact he played his role with aplomb during the Hawks' premiership season, never allowing his contractual standoff to become a distraction."

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...-in-latest-driving-mishap-20140424-zqyxn.html

From today's Hun:

7yze7ube.jpg

The media have been at pains to state he recorded a zero reading when breathalized which is just one of the tests Eastern Suburbs police are able to perform at the scene of an accident.

If in fact it was a seizure, I believe the law requires license suspension for 12 months.
And what has been mentioned only once
The police failed to do a drug test, mandatory in nsw if BAC is 0 at a car crash

And what has been mentioned only once
The police failed to do a drug test, mandatory in nsw if BAC is 0 at a car crash

Doesn't test for the rich mans drug of choice but it is unusual that a test wasn't done if it's mandatory like you are saying. Troy buswell mark II

"Franklin, not close with the majority of Hawthorn's younger players, had begun to distance himself from his longer-term teammates and he chose to party more frequently with a different group and turned to those rugby union friends he later followed to Sydney."

^^^The hallmarks of a traitor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back