to Boo or not to Boo, that is the question?

Will you boo/jeer/hiss/bronx cheer Lance Franklin on Saturday Night?

• Yes

Votes: 68 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 73 51.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deathly silence would send more of a message.
I'm sorry mate and no offence intended but this is complete nonsense and I can't believe that multiple people are naive and ignorant enough to think this. Do people actually think that this would play on his ego? I think if no one booed him then he would take it as a sign of respect and it would only make Hawthorn supporters look weak, apathetic and passionless for respecting a guy who spat on this great football club.

Franklin has never performed well interstate when he has been booed in Adelaide and Perth, so those saying that booing him will 'motivate' him are way off the mark. Look at how the Swans crumbled in the Preliminary Final when the Fremantle crowd got stuck right into them. I think the Hawthorn crowd should be as vocal as possible and create a hostile environment. The best supporters are the ones who make noise and create atmosphere; not the ones who just sit on their hands.

If we do happen to get over the line, I'd love nothing more then to see the Swans walking back to the change rooms to awaiting Hawthorn supporters around their entrance tunnel; letting Franklin know how much of a dog he is, that his days of playing in premierships are over and giving him a big send off.

Burgoyne said the club hope the fans do not boo him. He has always responded to bad press by playing well on the field, I think it pumps him up.

Shakespear will know what to do, "to boo or not to boo"?, that is the question.

Are you there Shaky?

Dont hate the player hate the game
He was lured by an offer he couldn't refuse the money offered was AFL money

HD, he wasn't lured.. $hitney just made sure the offer was so ridiculous that the Hawks were in no position to match it. But then if the club already knew ( And I suspect they did) they were happy to see the back of him.
He/Pickering sought out $hitney as he wanted to move up there.
He wanted to leave and he was never going to go to GWS. To much like hard work..

I ain't poking the bear ......
He rides the waves of crowd emotion .....
Ill stay absolutely silent when he has it and let him look with-in for inspiration.....because in the end money CANT bye what he truly fears inside ......the thought that no ones watching anymore.

When the merry go around stops and the lights go out .........Buddy will be crying out in the dark !!

Last edited:
I won't be booing him this week. I'll wait for grand final day to do that.
Looks like it will be a classic clash of good against evil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its been a long two weeks waiting for this game ..

I met "Horse" in a club down in old Shitney
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like afl-cola
See-oh-el-aye cola
Horse walked up to me and he asked me to play
I asked him his plan and how do can you pay he said Cola
See oh-el-aye Cola la-la-la-la Cola

Well I'm not the world's most loyal guy
But when he showed me the cheque he nearly blew my mind
Oh my Cola la-la-la-la Cola
Well I'm not selfish and I now understand
Why you would play in shitney and get paid in the hand
Oh my Cola co-co-co-co cola co-co-co-co Cola
feel free to finish it off...

And I'll always be resentful about the way he left. We got nothing and a rival got stronger.
Sydney. Out of all the ******* clubs. ******* Sydney. :mad:

The only thing I can console myself with is at least it was Essendon.

It is inevitable. The club are wasting their time talking about it.

One thing that will stop the booing is typical Buddy mistakes. Missed shots. HTB. Dropped marks - chest marks bouncing of his chest :D. He will cop an absolute reaming if he starts being Buddy again :p

I ain't poking the bear ......
He rides the waves of crowd emotion .....
Ill stay absolutely silent when he has it and let him look with-in for inspiration.....because in the end money CANT bye what he truly fears inside ......the thought that no ones watching anymore.

When the merry go around stops and the lights go out .........Buddy will be crying out in the dark !!

Fast forward 20 years, he'll be some giant figure, in an old Hawthorn tracksuit, feeding the Pokies and reliving his glory days in some back-water RSL.

And it will be in Melbourne, because Sydney will forget him soon enough.

I would love to see Hawks supporters lean over the players race as the $wans come onto the ground, get in his face and absolutely give it him. Leave him with no doubt that he's the enemy now.

I reckon he'll be expecting booing, but might be taken aback if we go full feral at him with hostility and aggressiveness (within reason).

I reckon he'll be expecting booing, but might be taken aback if we go full feral at him with hostility and aggressiveness (within reason).

Lob Buddy balls at his head

Or dress up a mannequin in his clothing range, stick a picture of his face on it and smash it with a bat, then burn it. 99% joking here, which is the 1% that i'm not ?

Haven't decided yet. He did help us win 2 flags but he did dog us as well calling the $yds the day after the lost grand final to them. Either way, I'm sure there will be a lot of booing around the grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back