List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

So going by the OP, only these guys are left not to have signed on beyond 2014.

McPharlin
De Boer
Duffy
Simpson
Morabito
Gumbleton
Bradley

Again, only a minimum of 3 need to be given the flick...

Again, I am still tipping Gumbleton and Bradley to get the axe and McPharlin to retire if his body can hold up. I dont see De Boer leaving after putting 6 years and 100 games on him.

Duffy might be gone. Morabito to get a 1 year deal. Im thinking Simpson will either get a 1 year deal or sent to the rookie list.

I can see Keps and Duffy gone, McPharlin retire and Simpson to the rookie list. I think if Gumby stays uninjured for the rest of the season he might get a 1 year extension

McPharlin
De Boer
Duffy
Simpson
Morabito
Gumbleton
Bradley

Again, I am still tipping Gumbleton and Bradley to get the axe and McPharlin to retire if his body can hold up. I dont see De Boer leaving after putting 6 years and 100 games on him.

Duffy might be gone. Morabito to get a 1 year deal. Im thinking Simpson will either get a 1 year deal or sent to the rookie list.
From this list I think it will be Mcpharlin I retire, Bradley cut and Duffy cut. If this is the case I would like to see Kepler put on the rookie list as backup. Also I think he is just a great person to have around the club and really good for te young guys. If not would love him to stay on at peel

Interested to hear your views on Simpson - has he been performing in the local league? A great talent.

Interested to hear your views on Simpson - has he been performing in the local league? A great talent.

Not playing at the moment, working on personal issues. With out any doubt a great talent, but needs to be managed very carefully. The below article explains the situation in more detail.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-04/docker-josh-simpson-takes-leave-of-absence/5501030

Simpson will undertake a personal development program structured to address personal and professional issues outside football.

I can't see Duffy being delisted.
I reckon the club see lots of potential in him, & would like to see what he can do.
He could even, with a good pre-season become a steve johnson type (I said type!!) player as a mid & add to our battery of tall mids, changing forward.

McPharlin
De Boer
Duffy
Simpson
Morabito
Gumbleton
Bradley

McPharlin - Retired
De Boer - Trade\1 year contract
Duffy - 1 Year contract
Simpson - Rookie
Morabito - 1-2 year contract
Gumbleton - Needs some good games in the WAFL to hold his spot - Delist
Bradley - Delist

That clears 4-5 spots, if de Boer or somebody like him was trade Gumbleton could hold his spot if he has a good 3-4 games.

Hmm I'd go for a:

McPharlin - I wish it'd be a 20 year deal but he'll probably retire
de Boer - 2 years with a performance clause. Still important to the team
Duffy - 1 year extension. Has had a bad run of luck with injuries, and I think he can still output what we drafted him for in the first place
Simpson - Rookie. Clear up space on the list. Considering he's not playing or training at the moment I can't see him playing much next year anyway, this way if we need him we can bump him up mid-season if we get an injury.
Mora - 1 year with an extra year option. There's not enough left in the season for him to stake a claim as back to his pre-injury abilities, or for him to prove what he's worth $-wise. This way it's a win-win. He can ask for more money if he absolutely smashes through next season, and (even though we all know he is going to be a god) he won't be a liability for Freo if he doesn't.
Gumby - delist. He's not set the world on fire in the WAFL, he has hamstrings of glass, and there's ASADA hanging over his head.
Bradley - delist him but erect a permanent statue in his honour at the new training ground.

And even though he is signed on: Griffen - trade. He was great for us, but he's been overtaken by Clarke & we have a bunch of young talls coming up. I just think if we keep him it'll be for depth because we're not WC and we won't play 3 rucks. Best for both parties if we can trade him for something we need, like a forward, and he can find a club where he's getting played.

McPharlin - Retired
Duffy - 1 Year contract
Simpson - Rookie
Bradley - Delist

That clears 4-5 spots, if de Boer or somebody like him was trade Gumbleton could hold his spot if he has a good 3-4 games.

Yep, basically the way I see it as well, except that DeBoer will stay and be offered 2 years imo.

Simpson will undertake a personal development program structured to address personal and professional issues outside football.[/QUOTE]
That's sad the kid is in trouble - hope he turns his life around and plays to his potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been excited to see my buddy getting a couple of goals in his first few games back from injury. I think he'll get an extra year. But basically I agree with go_the_dockers

McPharlin - Retired
Duffy - 1 Year contract
Simpson - Rookie
Bradley - Delist

There is however the small matter of the rookies.
Menegola - Delist, has to be either promoted or delisted this year.
Moller - +1 year in rookies
Vandeleur - +1 year in rookies
Wood - +1 year in rookies
Ballard - Promotion candidate

So IMHO we will add
Draft - 3
Rookie - 2 (Simpson one of these)
Promote - 1 (Ballard my preference)
Class B rookie - 1 (I can't remember the name of the Irish guy)

I hope we upgrade Ballard
Ballard is great at wafl level and looks like the type that would carry that straight into afl. Just love watching him play. He still needs to work on a couple things but I think and hope he is a starting mid in two years time.

Can't see us delisting both Gumby and Keps as they are very similar types. IMO I'd be very surprised if Gumby had met any of his KPIs to get an extension.

I hope Simpson isn't rookied. He is either in and stays on the senior list if his development program has been effective or he's out if it hasn't.

What would be the point of placing him on the rookie list.

I hope Simpson isn't rookied. He is either in and stays on the senior list if his development program has been effective or he's out if it hasn't.

What would be the point of placing him on the rookie list.
IMO it would give him time to adjust, mature,acclimatise, reflect, ponder etc. while being in the environment of the club where he has the best chance of doing these things. It would reduce pressure on him and won't take up a main list spot, which will benefit the club. I think it's a good idea.
Mind you, being given another chance on the main list might just be the confidence boost he needs to break the shackles of his current situation and become the player we all hope and know he could be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back