Fantasy Alpha Dynasty 2014 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Cass, but in my rush to post this , I actually meant over the 6-7 years of Alpha!!
Go back over all the years and all of you answer the question! ANSWER THE QUESTION!

jerk.jpg
I'm busy...

You suck GG

I'll play TGBB

Best picks: Brandin Cooks @ 1.03, Matthews @ 1.06, Shazier @ 1.10 (Basically woody killed it), Jerick McKinnon @ 3.11, Jamie Collins @ 4.05, Anthony Barr @ 4.06

Worst picks: Davone Freeman @ 1.12, Derek Carr 2.04

Hate Eric Ebron but wasnt a high pick used on him. Also dont think Benjamin and James White will work out very well either. And all the QBs suck besides Teddy and maybe Manziel (for FF)

That includes Garoppolo who sucks fyi.
And your evaluation of Manziel....

Johnny Manziel has unofficially completed just 42-of-85 passes (49.4 percent) during 7-on-7 and team drills at training camp.

Cassius_Clay

Coach Bill Belichick sees fourth-round RB James White as a three-down back.

White was pegged as a "passing back" by some as he came out of Wisconsin, but the Patriots don't see it that way. "He does a good job in the passing game and in the running game -- both inside and outside. ... I think he has the ability to compete on all three downs, in both the running game and the passing game," said Belichick. White is shaping up as the primary backup to both Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen.

My own best picks:

Startup:
A Peterson 1.1 no brainer but looking at other first rounders, he's maintained his goodness. Hopefully sold high before the drop!
M Forte 5.1 still a gun
A Rodgers 6.12 was an unknown at this stage
K Dansby 16.12 #2 LB last year, consistent throughout

2009:
1.11 H Nicks, traded for

2010:
1.2 D Bryant top 3 WR
3.10 J Graham

2012:
1.11 A Jeffery
5.10 B Brown still done nothing, next year, next year.....

My worst:

Startup:
3.1 R Grant

2010:
2.10 D Lefevour

2011:
1.7 D Thomas

2013:
2.12 M Barkley

Best overall draft:2012 manureid
Worst overall draft: GG hard to pick a year, but 2009 with no hits from 4 picks in the first 13 stands out. IF Stafford & McCoy had gone 1 & 2 instead of Brown & Moreno, might have seen a fair difference.

Best overall pick: Wizard startup Calvin Johnson round 4 2012 N Foles 3.6 2010 J Graham 3.10
Worst overall pick: 2009 D Brown 1.1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way, Josh Gordon appears some chance to get a reduction in his suspension, his A sample only just over the 15 nanograms required for suspension, whilst his B sample was under and if you combine both samples it would also have registered under, also the NFL threshold is 15 nanograms as opposed to 150 for WADA, all this combined would suggest 1 year suspension would be harsh, particularly in light of the Ray Rice suspension, could yet contibute this season for my team

1. Two best /favourite draft picks
2. Two best value draft picks

First two are answered with 2010 3.02 pick Rob Gronkowski. Got to admit though Gresham went a few picks earlier and I had him as no 1 TE.
Keenan Allen last year at 3.02 , just fell into my lap

3. Two picks you would like to forget.

Same year 2010 pick 1.12...........Jimmy Clausen....oh *...think I said at the time that he'd be the next Philip Rivers!

Inaugural draft 2nd round pick ... TJ Houshmanareufarkingcrazy!.....the choice at the time was TJ, Larry Fitz or Drew Brees....yep....cost me a championship or two.

4. The pick you didn't take but now wish you did.

Drew Brees

5. Best/favourite trade

Getting Murray and Demaryius last year helped me turn things around although they cost me all up 2x 1sts and a 2nd.

6. Least fave trade

Trading away Witten instead of Dallas Clark (when Clark was still with Peyton and still decent).

Vereen is a situational slot back. White will be the three down back soon, backed up by ridley, and Vereen will still be a situational slot back
You actually havent a clue. Vereen does it all. He's basically the best of Pierre Thomas and Darren Sproles all into 1. Just a stud.

James White LOL

You actually havent a clue. Vereen does it all. He's basically the best of Pierre Thomas and Darren Sproles all into 1. Just a stud.

James White LOL

Look at his stat sheet last year. He hardly ran the ball. Was used exclusively as a slot back. And the small number of catches evident of a situational use.

Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG

'Situational slot backs' dont get that many touches GG. 6 catches a game? Lol.... but continue to think that white will be the main RB. Any money you'll have him dropped by this time next season.

And all you're showing is that BB uses his RBs uniquely. Something that we all knew already. It hurts Vereens value to a degree because on other team he'd get alot more touches. Maybe we'll find out next season as he's a FA.

He's not an integral weapon. He's a situational slot back as I said. Someone game-planned in every three or so games for a heavier role, other times used sparingly, other times taken out by a DCs game-plan or a match-up.

Look at his last three games for instance. 2 carries 13 yards, 3 catches 8 yards type of line. Yeah that's really integral. Meanwhile Brady is feeding the ball to Edelman a lot and handing the ball off to Ridley/Blount for 30+ carries. Situational bit player.

And those games he did more, clearly you have to take into account the loss of Gronkowski/Amendola and the lack of WRs Brady had. Vereen was called on to give Brady another target.

So if they can remain healthy, with a stable WR/TE group this year, you'll see this even more....Edelman/Amendola/Gronkowski catching a ton of passes and TDs, and Ridley err White toting the ball 20+ times a game with about 8 TDs. Vereen getting the scraps of situational use, 3 carries and 3 catches for 30 yards total, with the occasional game where he features more heavily in a gameplan specific against a team's DC.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back