Opinion Roughy needs to do more..

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant game tonight and has started to really make his presence felt in games. Don't think he minds playing on Ted Richards and can be a game breaker again next week. One more big game from the big Rough.
Might have to play a decoy role by keeping Richards away from our entries. Gunston needs to win his battle on Rampe while Hale keeps Grundy honest also. Rough is pretty good at ground level so hopefully can move in and get some crumbing goals.

As the starter of this thread :cool: Roughy was a match winner last night - with limited support.

If there is one thing I wish Rough would do more is take contested marks in the F50, out of his 6 goals - I think 2 were from set shots.

If Roughy can repeat his performance vs Swans from Round 18, we will be a real shot! :)

I know I will probably cop abit of back lash for this but I would have put this up if we lost so thought I would still put it out there.

In my opinion, Roughy needs to do more. He needs to stop with these vertical jumps trying to take one handers all the time.. It worked once for him tonite.

I actually thought he was poor last week, just fortunate that he kicked 4 goals in junk time in the 4th last week.

In a game that was in the balance like tonite, there was no sign of Roughy to stand up and impose himself.

Ask yourself this...
How many times have you seen Burgoyne, Rioli, Mitchell stand up in a crunch time and turn a match?

Now, how many times have you seen Roughy do it?

I can think of one very painful night where Roughie was the difference between the two sides

As the starter of this thread :cool: Roughy was a match winner last night - with limited support.

If there is one thing I wish Rough would do more is take contested marks in the F50, out of his 6 goals - I think 2 were from set shots.

If Roughy can repeat his performance vs Swans from Round 18, we will be a real shot! :)

He's really improved that this year I think. If he wasn't already a star I'd be saying he's had the ultimate breakout season - his performance in the Prelim was amazing, he was absolutely everywhere and raised his game when needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughy has really lifted.

I vaguely remember a reference to a feature...possibly with a lie detector test, that asked if Roughy ever felt irked that he was always in Buddy's shadow, and the lie detector suggested that it bothered him, and he got ripped on a bit by his mates at the club (in a jokey way).

I wonder if we're seeing a bit of that - by all accounts he's a quiet chap and I think he sat under Buddy's shadow - not because he was less of a player, but because Buddy commanded such attention - and I can't help but wonder that with Buddy gone, if Roughy is relishing being the big man up forward.

If that is the case, long may it continue. He's a hell of a player when he turns it on, and this season, he's really gone above and beyond.

I am one of those who needs to eat crow.
Where did this Roughead beast come from?? :O

This is the Roughy we all knew was there. An absolutely brilliant game. If he could learn how to dominate the airways he would kick 100. Might be worth a nibble for Normie if he backs that effort up.

Maybe I need to start a new thread... "Roughy needs to do less" :p
12 goals this final series = most in a finals series by any active player in the AFL. Good enough for me. Gunners and Franklin are next best with 11.

Like the 'where's Luke Hodge at...?' thread this one surely deserves to be locked out of respect too, right?

Now a 3 time premiership player and has kicked a league high 13 goals across this finals series. 6 in the PF and 5 in the GF. The latter hadn't been achieved by any player since Cameron Mooney in the 2007 belting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back