Best singing voices ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

I also think Matthew Bellamy from Muse has a great voice. I'm not a Muse fan but his voice has won me over to a few of their songs; Time is Running Out and Starlight in particular. You can really feel his angst in the songs which in my view is the most important part of singing; musical perfection is secondary.

My other favourites: Steven Tyler, Robert Plant, Barry Gibb, Robin Gibb, Maurice Gibb, Frankie Valli, Paul Stanley. I've also always enjoyed the American girl groups like The Supremes, Sister Sledge, The Ronettes etc. and the disco stuff into the seventies like Donna Summer.

I'm starting to get into the American soul singers like James Brown and Joe Tex, and also the guys even earlier than that like Howlin' Wolf.

I've always thought that Angie Hart from Frente has a beautiful voice.

I've been looking at youtube for good live performances so you can tell if an artist really had the talent.

This was shortly before his death. You can see how he sweats and struggles but still beats it out.

Jim Morrisson for me. He was just a cool guy.

And was only gettin' better when he carked it. His voice on L.A. Woman was startin' to sound like that of a grizzled 30-year bluesman.

I also dig the Morrison-esque growl of Jim Beach, of christian psychedelic hard rockers Fraction, who released only one album, the brilliant, Moonblood

And was only gettin' better when he carked it. His voice on L.A. Woman was startin' to sound like that of a grizzled 30-year bluesman.
I love his voice in 'Touch Me'. I reckon he is doing that cabaret style Elvis better than Elvis himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is one of the best female voices ever...just listen to it

Such a fox back in the '70s too! (has porked out and lost it with age though, as many do).

Another one that had a great combination of awesome voice and looks in the '70s was Ann Wilson:

Mesmerising.

On a day such as today I would've thought I'd find Joe Cocker's name mentioned, maybe I missed it. Then again Jimmy 'Screaming Skull' Barnes got a mention and also Eminem, can't see how though!:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back