List Mgmt. Membrey Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

With O'Keefe and LRT retired, Lockyer, Walsh and Dick delisted and Malceski leaving via Free Agency we have 6 spots open on the senior list

Lloyd and Richards have been promoted to the senior list which makes 4 open spots

Heeney, Hiscox and Davis from the Academy will mean only 1 live draft pick for the last remaining current spot on the list.

That leaves Membrey trade/delisting himself - That would open a further spot on the senior list and thus an earlier draft pick would be live if traded to us, if not our 3rd Round Pick would be live.

Naismith is eligible for a 3rd year on the Rookie List and thus won't be given a senior list spot as he can be kept on the rookie list. Biggs can't stay on the Rookie list. As he can only be traded or become a DFA if we don't promote him to our senior list we don't have open a spot for him until the last list lodgement before the draft if we wish to promote him. If we do we either burn our second live draft pick or delist Marsh. Likelyhood is he won't be on the list next year and we'll go into the draft with two live picks.

Didn't we have 1 or 2 leftover spots at the beginning of this year. I remember reading we went in without a full squad to allow extra room in cap for buddy ?

Didn't we have 1 or 2 leftover spots at the beginning of this year. I remember reading we went in without a full squad to allow extra room in cap for buddy ?
Correct, we have 2 senior spots available they are choosing not to use. They could have upgraded Biggs, they didn't.

See this is why we had COLA & previously the Incentive payments. To keep players here. They are Victorian, South Australian or Western Australian and some eventually from the start want to go home. Membrey wanted out. I think we should rough him up a bit when we play Saints. By the way the Saints like this sort of player, see Maister & Lee.

You guys have delisted Tim and he'll join us as a delisted free agent officially tomorrow so he can begin training next week.

Great by your club to look after Tim here as you could have easily made him and St Kilda wait until the pre-season draft. Good stuff Swans! :thumbsu:

You guys have delisted Tim and he'll join us as a delisted free agent officially tomorrow so he can begin training next week.

Great by your club to look after Tim here as you could have easily made him and St Kilda wait until the pre-season draft. Good stuff Swans! :thumbsu:

Honestly not feeling the love in this situation.

Nothing against your post but the bloke scampered after 2 years. Not impressed at all.

Honestly not feeling the love in this situation.

Nothing against your post but the bloke scampered after 2 years. Not impressed at all.
That was a bit of my point.

After 2 years most clubs would just let them go in the pre-season draft instead of delisting them and letting them get to where they want to go a bit earlier. It's why i think it was pretty good by Sydney.

That was a bit of my point.

After 2 years most clubs would just let them go in the pre-season draft instead of delisting them and letting them get to where they want to go a bit earlier. It's why i think it was pretty good by Sydney.

mine was more so from a supporter point of view. Brings back shades of Rocca and Grant which leaves a bad taste in the mouth. ould have waited a year and have Goodes position stitched up.

From a fan view, prefer to force him to wait. Petty, yes. It's been a s**t offseason.

Eddie would want compensation.

Building good relationships between clubs goes a long way.

Pelchen gone would have helped.

The club never once stated they wanted to keep Membrey or that they were trying to convince him to stay. They clearly don't care that much.

They never gave him a game either. It's odd, he wasn't the worst player on the list. Must have ticked off the leadership group. o_O

Club doesn't give a s**t about losing Membrey. That much is clear- 188cm tweener third tall type that has had two seasons without improvement and no clear position at AFL.

Just looking after him and letting him move on with his life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would they just not wait a day and post a pic of him in a St Kilda guernsey? :confused:

So people outside of Sydney have a rough idea of who he is? I mean he played one game. Decent player but not like signing Beams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back