IRS - Australia v Ireland Game 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? So tell me wise one, who was Captain of the Australian team? ;) You just keep deluding yourself :p

Is this what's it's like on Bay 13? Stirring up the Hawks whingers is like stealing lollies from a baby :rolleyes:
Never been to bay 13 actually. Couldn't give a rats arse who was named Australian captain. Know who has the runs on he board. When your boy has two norm smiths and two premierships as captain on his CV get back to me.

Interesting that Perth only can get 10k to turn up to the cricket but the much maligned international rules gets a sellout

10k to cricket on a friday wasn't too bad... the game at the MCG only had 14k, then consider that Perth has 1/3rd the population of Melbourne and tickets are twice the price. Basically we are the new sporting capital of Australia. Expect F1 and Australian Open to move here soon.

Do you normally spend so much time posting about Hawthorn, or is this thread just blessed tonight?
No, normally I don't give the Hawks a second thought ;) It's just a bit of banter, to have a bit of fun at the Hawks' fans expense - no harm intended :)

Plus, I've added to a few of my posts that it's Australia playing, so no need for any aggro? :thumbsu:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What some of the Irish thought of the game on the GAA forum:

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=25127.195
"Only saw 2nd half and thought it was ok . Rule tweaks have improved game imo. Made it fairer for the Australians. Wouldn't have rated the "game" in the past.

Great to see so many Irish at the game and hope they enjoyed themselves. Plenty of Dublin jerseys in the crowd .

Easy to see the difference in speed , fitness, strength between professional athletes and our guys."
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=25127.195

Any stats from the game ?
I've been searching for them too Sauce, not on AFL website earlier. I tweeted AFL + asked them to post stats. Probably some out soon in the media. Some basic stats on AFL website now, but no match or player stats - bit disappointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back