List Mgmt. 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The Herald Sun is reporting that the Demons are "considering overlooking Christian Petracca in favour of 203cm forward Peter Wright."

"Melbourne is expected to decide on Thursday morning on whether it needs another tall goalkicker to partner Jesse Hogan instead of Petracca’s X-factor."

SEN has us taking Lever as well
13. Fremantle
Jake LEVER
Calder Cannons | 5/3/96 | H: 193cm | W: 84kgJake missed the whole year after injuring his knee over summer. He could go to Melbourne at No.2 or 3 and they will have a future club captain. The query that some may have on his pace is made up for his ability to read the play and intercept as a defender. In time I think he could be a midfielder as he runs a low 10-minute 3km time trial. Before the injury he would have been in the mix for the No.1 pick, but he is a super kid whose professionalism is on another level.– Calder Cannons talent manager Ian Kyte
In the mix: Sam Durdin, Hugh Goddard

I hope SEN are right about our second pick.
34. FremantleConnor MENADUEWestern Jets | 19/9/96 | H: 187cm | W: 69kgConnor is one of the better running players in the TAC Cup this year and that showed at the combine with his testing in speed, repeat speed and endurance. One of best contributors for the year who loves to take the game on, is a good height but will need time to develop. Naturally a defender but has played other roles and played well wherever he was positioned. Hopefully goes somewhere between picks 20 to 40. – Western Jets coach Torin BakerIn the mix: Daniel Nielson, Blaine Boekhorst

My sister just went into labour to give me my first niece! Not sure if I'm more amped about that or the draft - either way hopefully I end up with some exciting new kids tonight.

Thats somewhat sad mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well, good luck to them. If that means we get Lever or Goddard i'll be cheering.

There is every chance we rate Lever or Goddard higher than Durdin anyway. In trade week no one knew who was going to go where, Geelong would have just known we wanted a KPD and wanted to have their pick of the bunch ahead of us

There is every chance we rate Lever or Goddard higher than Durdin anyway. In trade week no one knew who was going to go where, Geelong would have just known we wanted a KPD and wanted to have their pick of the bunch ahead of us
Yeah true. The Worst said that we would probably take Wright or Lever ahead of Durdin.

For the people here who can't handle the roller coaster don't read this

"Jake Lever won't be heading to the Dees at pick 3. Would have loved them to take him, but now GWS/Geel/Rich seem likely destinations. #AFLDraft"

"Jake Lever won't be heading to the Dees at pick 3. Would have loved them to take him, but now GWS/Geel/Rich seem likely destinations. #AFLDraft"
It seems every phantom draft has Richmond linked to Corey Ellis...

It was always going to happen after I got my heart set on him unfortunately. Oh well just means someone will be pushed down the order to us

Nice blend of negative and positive thinking in that statement:)
Oh its all just here say at the moment so I guess you can't really be negative at all. I don't really know much about any of these kids so will be happy with anyone I guess. I think I just had him as a favourite because I liked his attitude.

I'd rate Marchbank, Lever and Goddard over Durdin. Hopefully Geelong do take Durdin, more chance the other three will slip to pick #13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back