News 2015 pre-season (Training, photos etc, THREAD FINALLY CLOSED, SEE NEW PHOTOS THREAD)

Will we finally have an injury free preseason in 2015 training ?

• YES?

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • NO?

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • MAYBE?

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • 50/50?

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • OR PHONE A FRIEND?

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I try to see both sides of the arguement.
i don't think you would have much patience jmac watching a game, Just assuming after reading your posts :)

i don't think you would have much patience jmac watching a game, assuming after reading your posts :)

As a young man I was shocking. These days I mostly sit in silence (when I am not in the bar)

As a young man I was shocking. These days I mostly sit in silence (when I am not in the bar)
ha yeh cheaper beers to at the bar :)

Haha... Spoke to a mother of a Richmond player today and found out that on their training camp all of the Richmond officials stayed in a hotel while players slept on floors in a hostal. A couple of the younger players literally were on the phone crying to their mothers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha... Spoke to a mother of a Richmond player today and found out that on their training camp all of the Richmond officials stayed in a hotel while players slept on floors in a hostal. A couple of the younger players literally were on the phone crying to their mothers!

Part of their training... At half time during a game they will be allowed to call their mums for support if they are losing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL BIGFOOTY COLLINGWOOD-FC SUPPORTERS WHO SUPPORT THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD.
HAV
E A HAPPY HOLIDAYS WITH GREAT CARE OVER THIS CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS BREAK WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
TO THOSE WHO SPEND IT ALONE JUST REMEMBER TO RELAX AND THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE THINKING OF YOU SO JUST MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR BREAK AND ENJOY IT AND DONT BE SCARED TO PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL A FRIEND OR RELATIVE
:) SO FROM ME POPIN AND MANY OTHER COLLINGWOOD-FC BIGFOOTY FANS MERRY CHRISTMAS :cool::D:p:cool::)
Photo0055.jpg
121220_maxwellchristmas246.jpg

images
the-grinch-stole-christmas.gif
bad-santa_billy_bob_thornton.jpg
images
329192_1324264345267_500_450.jpg
tumblr_lvpacz3j4U1qbgeafo1_500.png

I don't want to think about the ribbing I'd get if my mates saw me crying on the phone to my mother (unless it was something serious)

Aside from knee victims Brent Macaffer and Matthew Scharenberg, the only injury concern is Ben Reid’s troublesome calf.
Reid hurt the muscle on Monday. It is thought that it will take three-to-four weeks to heal. “It’s only a relatively minor thing but we’re probably over-concerned because of his recent history with soft tissues,” said Balme. “We’ve really got to get to the bottom of that and see where that goes. “It should be fine but we are certainly quite concerned about it and we’ll consider all of the possibilities around him. “He is a pretty important player for us.” :)

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-12-19/magpies-embark-on-christmas-break

Aside from knee victims Brent Macaffer and Matthew Scharenberg, the only injury concern is Ben Reid’s troublesome calf.
Reid hurt the muscle on Monday. It is thought that it will take three-to-four weeks to heal. “It’s only a relatively minor thing but we’re probably over-concerned because of his recent history with soft tissues,” said Balme. “We’ve really got to get to the bottom of that and see where that goes. “It should be fine but we are certainly quite concerned about it and we’ll consider all of the possibilities around him. “He is a pretty important player for us.” :)

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-12-19/magpies-embark-on-christmas-break

That last line has me a tad concerned, was under the assumption the only real possibility for Reid is to lay off the calf for it to heal naturally but the implication in the quote suggests there is more then one?

How many ways can you heal a calf, surely they don't mean surgery for a tweak, are they looking at surgery to try strengthen it?
Is there even a surgery that can strengthen it? perhaps a full calf transplant :p

But seriously, hope i'm reading a bit much into it, but from that quote anyway looks like they're thinking of some alternatives, great to see so many of the other boys healthy however!

That last line has me a tad concerned, was under the assumption the only real possibility for Reid is to lay off the calf for it to heal naturally but the implication in the quote suggests there is more then one?

How many ways can you heal a calf, surely they don't mean surgery for a tweak, are they looking at surgery to try strengthen it?
Is there even a surgery that can strengthen it? perhaps a full calf transplant :p

But seriously, hope i'm reading a bit much into it, but from that quote anyway looks like they're thinking of some alternatives, great to see so many of the other boys healthy however!

I'd be concerned about any injury personally, and I'm glad they are! Injuries certainly aren't a case for happiness :p

I'm imagining the aspects include the more obvious such as training load or his ideal weight for footy, and then perhaps the less obvious such as blood flow to the area. Carrying a whole calf around on his lower leg sounds pretty drastic, however. :p

Yeah I agree Fas is a good mark like Elliot and I encourage them both to continue contesting in marking situations but there is a time and a place when to fly and when to rove as a small forward. Just from that picture our structure looks wrong with Witts roving and Fas flying.

You seriously judging that off a photo?? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back