Official Team Thread Baghdad Bandits S18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

OK just to clarify a few things, currently we are in the Sweet FA off season (hence the semi quietness)
So at this point in time, you don't have to do anything. Come the start of the season (Jan I think) we'll kick into gear and get into match threads.

Perhaps time you guys delisted mantis and dougthelegend who both haven't logged on since 2013 :).

You just want to reveal them as the Wonders 2 biggest recruits for S19, eh? :p

Also wont hurt for you to take a quick look around the SFA board. There's constant wang measurements going on and people calling them out.

Mine is friggin HUGE!

And most importantly, welcome @BrewSmackerVeiny!

As for whats going on, at this stage we are in Pre-Season training. So Beer, Pizza and cleaning sand out of the Footy ground. For the song...Well, I think we still use Darude - Sandstorm, due to all the sand and stuff.

We are having a friendly with Wonders tonight I believe, will pop you into the side I did yesterday, hopefully TheFreshBanana hasnt done the game yet...

Righto Rookies! Tonights practice match to get your beaks wet will be against the West Coast Wonders! As in, we Wonder why they even still exist as a club, since they were terrible last season!

Aussie Assault you're on the Wing, your job is to kick it forwardish or just poleaxe people. Eithers good.

BrewSmackerVeiny you're at Full Forward. Its usually my spot, but Im feeling nice today so you can be our spearhead. Kick goals.

cammo6556 Im getting you to hold Gee Dub s hand while roving. Expect to get lots of balls today. Sort of like the Sydney Mardi Gra.

The Wonders thread is here:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...team-thread-reigning-premiers.1064136/page-57

Not sure what time Banananas doing the match, he'll let us know in here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regulation win for a training match!

Our 3 new boys, the positions you play come Preseason and regular season will depend on your order of preference and your input during matches. Positions like Full Forward, center, wings, ruck and rovers are considered the premium spots. Although that doesn't mean the other spots are to be avoided, everyone is needed somewhere to make a winning team!

Are their injuries?
The Sim CAN do injuries, however it's disabled for the league. It's considered a bit discouraging to know you could have to sit out games because of it.

This way, you can play every single match, unless dropped or suspended on Big Footy.

I loved scrolling thru the feed to see my name, I'd dash down the wing, have a bounce and then.... put in on the full, or kick a worm burner. Hero to zero in no time. 1 goal 1, with 23 touches. I'll take that.

I'm clearly a little.more spritely as a Bandit

I loved scrolling thru the feed to see my name, I'd dash down the wing, have a bounce and then.... put in on the full, or kick a worm burner. Hero to zero in no time. 1 goal 1, with 23 touches. I'll take that.

We had some cracker games this year. The two ones with the best finishes are:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...s-las-vegas-bears-abdu-prison.1078694/page-18

And

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...bdu-prison-motr.1075377/page-22#post-34977265

The threads themselves can get pretty big, one this season had over 1000 posts in it...Unfortunately a lot of it was one liners and little quips, so if you miss a few pages you THINK you've lost track but really you didnt miss much. And some matches are short and sweet at 10-15 pages.

The match threads themselves start Tuesdays and the games are posted Sunday nights.

Well, what an interesting 12hours it has been.

Myself, Shermy and Bigeasy will have some announcements soon, possibly after Christmas, as the dust settles.

Regardless, the Season 19 Baghdad Barrage shall be a wrathful one indeed.

Well, what an interesting 12hours it has been.

Myself, Shermy and Bigeasy will have some announcements soon, possibly after Christmas, as the dust settles.

Regardless, the Season 19 Baghdad Barrage shall be a wrathful one indeed.

Mate, let the captain do the announcing. Its his job ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back