Queensland State Election (31/1/2015) - Labor form govt (Thread pg 54)

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, Wayne, I'd say it suggests that voters are sick of the major parties and have nowhere to go because there is no upper house in Queensland.
He does have a point though. The massive swing against the ALP in the last QLD state election came after 20 years of power. That swing may well have been matched in one short-ish term.

He does have a point though. The massive swing against the ALP in the last QLD state election came after 20 years of power. That swing may well have been matched in one short-ish term.
This - compound this with dissatisfaction with what was happening at the last election federally - those who moved away were always destined to move back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legitimate chance Labor could have a PM in office for a decade or more due to Abbott. He should be knifed NOW, the backlash from the knifing will be less than if Libs keep him at the helm.

Dubious I would suggest - it seems Canberra is good at putting crappy PMs in recent history which have people suggesting multiple terms for the opposing side. Mediocrity on both sides of the house translates to shorter terms for both.

Legitimate chance Labor could have a PM in office for a decade or more due to Abbott. He should be knifed NOW, the backlash from the knifing will be less than if Libs keep him at the helm.

I reckon this is right. They will take a bit of a hit for the hypocrisy of knifing a PM after years of criticizing the ALP for the same thing. But I now believe that keeping Abbott would cause more damage for the conservatives.

All of it.

They must have conspired to murder some nuns or kittens on national TV because I haven't seen anything like this on a State or Federal level anywhere - apart from Queensland 2012, I suppose. Remarkable stuff. The voters are fickle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back