Game Day NAB Round 1 Crows v Kangaroos, 1 March @ 4.10

Remove this Banner Ad

Except that foxtel go does not show channel 504 which is the AFL channel. At least not on my devices. I may have to phone foxtel.

It's fine on all my devices (ipad, galaxy 3, galaxy note).

Sometimes it's on Footy Plus+ (550).

I find it best to look in the Live TV section.

A replay is at least fair FFS.

Only problems with replays is that I have no interest in watching one if we get smashed. Aside from highlights of the 97 and 98 finals series and our Freo game and Port finals I have never watched a replay of a game ever.

the 2012 prelim replay will get your blood to a nice boil

the 2012 prelim replay will get your blood to a nice boil

I watched the last 5 minutes of it for the second time in last November. that was so bloody sad and heartbreaking.

The team played like legends. Players should realise those kinds of losses while devastating and heartbreaking are acceptable.

The umpires gave the AFC a prison shower mind you while the team dropped the soap. It was embarrassing. Im glad that the Hawks lost that GF it was nice karma.

Only problems with replays is that I have no interest in watching one if we get smashed. Aside from highlights of the 97 and 98 finals series and our Freo game and Port finals I have never watched a replay of a game ever.

It's preseason. Young side. No points at stake. Gauge how the young ones go.

Noticed Atkins not in side and wondered who else not mentioned as injured or not quite ready or rested missed out on selection apart from him and Osborne I have noticed. Surprised if just on selection basis that CEY got game before Atkins.
Atkins & Osborne are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

I suspect we are hiding Atkins from the Roos as he is in the mix to play.

Osborne just nowhere near it & we have just drafted better options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-02-27/live-stream-approved

A live online stream of Adelaide’s opening NAB Challenge game in Port Lincoln on Sunday will now be available on afc.com.au

The AFL today announced the decision in response to feedback from supporters and Clubs.

Sunday’s game between Adelaide and North Melbourne was one of six of the 27 NAB Challenge matches not originally scheduled for live broadcast.

“This is great news for our fans,” Adelaide CEO Andrew Fagan said. “They’ve been waiting a long time for football to return.

“We were very keen for as many people as possible to see our first game under new coach Phil Walsh and continued discussions with the AFL, so we are happy the AFL found this solution.”

AFL General Manger of Broadcasting, Scheduling and Major Projects, Simon Lethlean said the decision to live stream non-televised matches was made following significant work with AFL Media to augment the highlights-packaging resources already allocated to those six matches.

“We’ve listened to the concerns of those supporters who don’t want to miss a minute of their club competing in this year’s NAB Challenge which is why we’re pleased to have overcome a number of significant hurdles to ensure every fan has the opportunity to watch their team compete in every NAB Challenge match,” Mr Lethlean said.

“This year we have worked with our broadcast partner Fox Footy to expand NAB Challenge live coverage from 18 to 21 games and we have also increased the number of NAB Challenge matches played in regional and suburban communities around Australia.

“As a result we have encountered some significant logistical, technical and signal delivery issues at some venues but through a great deal of work with AFL Media we’ve been able to repurpose resources originally slated to produce match highlights to provide live streaming from those venues for these club websites and apps.

“While there may still be some technical issues in the delivery of these matches we are satisfied that being able to provide a live stream of these six matches to competing club websites and club apps will please those supporters’ wanting to follow their clubs’ progress across all 27 matches of the NAB Challenge.”

I don't mind watching a loss in a pre season game to see where individual players are at , in fact even during the season I don't mind watching the replay of a loss for same reason and it's , it's better than watching a live loss !!

Live stream confirmed by Fagan.

Thanks champ.:thumbsu:

On behalf of this board you do a great job on here I love your energy and enthusiasm in finding info and presenting it on here.

Your photos in particular are awesome. Not everyone can get to the game, many casual posters that just read comments in here without commenting Im sure are appreciative of your efforts.

Sent the below and CC'd in the CEO. Kents.

Dear Mr Lethlean,

I am concerned at the decision that has been made about not allowing clubs to post a replay of the non-broadcasted matches for this weekend's NAB Challenge.

Whilst I can understand why they cannot stream the game live as it potentially takes away viewers from the televised game, I cannot, however, see the harm in having clubs fund and post a replay to appease football starved members of the public.

Wasn't one of the new CEOs pledges upon getting the job last year about working on fan engagement?

Do you think this is a good move to work towards engaging the fans?

It wreaks of elitist mentality and makes no sense whatsoever.

I live in Adelaide, and I am not sure if you have an Atlas handy, however Port Lincoln isn't exactly down the street, is it?

Not to mention that the game is in fact a sell out, so I couldn't go an watch it even if I wanted too.

Please look at reversing this ridiculous ruling and allow us football starved fans the enjoyment of watching their team run out for the first time.

Please let common sense prevail, and work on the promise of engaging the every day fan.

Yours sincerely,
ONE PISSED OFF FAN.
Sent.
For the sweet FA it will do.
Remember when PayTV first came in...was spouted left and right that FTA would remain...
Anyone got a drone with a Gopro? Sold out game and now no replay? WTF AFL.
Simon.Lethlean@afl.com.au

Dear Mr Lethlean,

I wish to disagree with the AFL's decision to deny clubs the right to show replays of regional non-broadcasted NAB challenge games this year.

I disagree with this decision because it denies me the opportunity to enjoy the excitement of the start of the AFL season.

Although I understand that there may be contractual reasons why it "can't be done", I'm also sure that reasonable people would not want this outcome and a different conclusion could be easily reached by all parties involved.

I would appreciate very much if this decision could be reconsidered, taking into account the fan's view.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Your name here
This:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back