News 2015 pre-season (Training, photos etc, THREAD FINALLY CLOSED, SEE NEW PHOTOS THREAD)

Will we finally have an injury free preseason in 2015 training ?

• YES?

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • NO?

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • MAYBE?

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • 50/50?

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • OR PHONE A FRIEND?

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it would entirely have to do with the knee, but only as a pre-caution for someone who has had a knee reco in the past.

No matter what the truth is not like we'd be telling channel 7 anyway.

and they won’t tell anyone outside of the Club the Truth. Won’t be on the Home Site

Knees that are either weakened by injury or through wear and tear can place undue stress on the hamstrings - This may just be a test to see if his knee is causing hamstring issues.

If he wears the brace and the hamstring issues go away, then obviously there's an issue with the knee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concerning. I don't see why the club would enforce or act with a brace like this if it wasn't 100% necessary. The club originally said a slight hamstring problem. It is clearly much bigger, id be surprised if hes on the track by round 1

Concerning. I don't see why the club would enforce or act with a brace like this if it wasn't 100% necessary. The club originally said a slight hamstring problem. It is clearly much bigger, id be surprised if hes on the track by round 1

According to the news it's a management technique they're trialling. Nothing sinister in that and if it helps the rehab process and gets players back stronger sooner then we'll and good, if it doesn't impact then nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Last edited:
We have new Dr's and medical staff this year yeh?

I wore something like this when I did my medial. I was back in 10 weeks (but could have been 4-6 if I didn't try to play on).

Obviously this might be different.

Its a hamstring injury. I have seen those knee braces on people who have surgery on the hamstring, it limits your leg movements to a certain degree to stop overstretching. probably just precautionary after the soft tissue injuries we endured last year. Take as much of the luck factor out of it and control what you can, could be pretty clever.

Well I’m happy he had a baby girl the more important thing is she is happy and healthy.

On a side note I wouldn’t be opposed to a F/S rule change.

- Keep it at the 100 game mark if it is the players first club
- If the player is at his second club I’d like to see it at 50 or 75 games (Or wins a premiership) There might not be many now but with Free Agency just starting out it might be something

What are peoples thoughts?

I'd like to see them amend it so that all premiership players qualify automatically (for said club) regardless of games played, if you haven't won a flag with the club then 100 games.

Surely it'd have something to do with restricting the way he walks to ease the strain on his hamstring?

It's part of his retraining to become a forward. If he leads to the wrong areas he has pain signals sent through the device to his leg. CFC thinking about stopping it's use as they suspect it may have caused injury through too much use :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back