Preview Round 1: Carlton V Richmond @ MCG, 02/04/15, 7.20pm AEST. (FREE LIKES!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhh, **** it. 78 likes is more than I've ever had, so free likes for everyone!

Ahhhhh, **** it. 78 likes is more than I've ever had, so free likes for everyone!
Posting just to get another like.

Also to comment that I didn't see that much of the NAB challenge games but for the few QTRS I seen, I was rather impressed by Grigg and thought that he was tackling fairly good as well, which is not something I'm used to seeing. Hopefully he can shut up all us flogs and put together a good consistent performance this season. :thumbsu:

Everitt did a job on Deledio last year while Tuohy has played on Martin before and done okay. Armfield was put on Ellis last year after he blitzed the first quarter but we'll probably have Thomas play an accountable role on a HFF.
Recall those match-ups only too well, especially Armfield to Ellis . One thing you know about Malthouse is he won't let guys run around wreaking havoc for too long. He is prepared to work his defensive match-ups as the game progresses. Outstanding match-day coach.

RFC_Official said miles was in full training and was fine
If there was something wrong with Miles or any players do you think the club would come out a week or 2 before the game and announce it. Of course they wouldn't. That doesn't mean that there is something wrong with him or anyone else, I'm just going off gut feel that with him missing last week it might mean he misses then again it might just be that he needed the week off.

If there was something wrong with Miles or any players do you think the club would come out a week or 2 before the game and announce it. Of course they wouldn't. That doesn't mean that there is something wrong with him or anyone else, I'm just going off gut feel that with him missing last week it might mean he misses then again it might just be that he needed the week off.
Vindaloo shouldn't influence your gut feels

Most players only played two games. Miles played the first two, and got a rest last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that we got Taylor Hunt over, and promised we would free him up and let him play.... But who else thinks as soon as someone starts toweling us up Hunt will be sent straight to them and told to wear them like a glove.
Grigg, Conca

God i can't believe how confident all you guys are?

I don't think carlton are as bad as they are being made out here, Judd, Murphy and Gibbs are all guns. Thomas if he can get back to his best is a gun. Carrots and Simpson can play, Jamieson and Henderson are also very good and Warnock smashed Maric in 2013 elim final. Yarran is inconsistent but his best is sublime. Menzel has a shite load of talent and Cripps is not the spud he was ever made out to be.

And carlton always seems to have somebody who is average destroy us, Duigan, Robinson, Hampson, Warnock, Armfield, curnow ect...

I'll be happy to win this game.

Agree with most of this, except for the Yarran part. He was one of our most consistent performers last year and played well in every game where he wasn't injured. I think you guys should definitely be favourites, but the fact that it is round 1 and we always do ok against your mob closes the gap a little. IMO, the game will be won or lost depending on how our forward line goes. With Astbury out, I think your defenders will be too quick on the rebound (I don't have faith yet in our tall forward combination). I would actually be glad should another tall like Elton play, because I think that'd limit your run significantly.

I can't be overwhelmingly confident in our winning this because it's one of those 'rivalry' type games that really has no bearing on form overall.

If I were to judge on our line up v Carlton I'd say we win hands down.

RFC_Official he's doubting you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back