2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing people are going to be disappointed if Aish turns around and signs now...

Aish has all the makings to be a great player...other clubs obviously think the same.....The.Media reported Carlton meeting with Aish...(They don't usually get those sort of meets wrong.)....If we get a good return well and good...if he stays well and good....I'm not bothered either way.

Aish would be nice to keep but he's not filling any of the gaping holes in our list.He's also gone out of his way to indicate the club will have to pay more than his efforts so far really warrant.

Keays takes his spot.

Should have known the day Kingy says on radio Charlie Dixon isn't worth the money he would then go and have a day out. Kingy can be a poor judge. Too many so called experts in Melbourne who like to make calls on either Queensland side without ever watching them that often.

Think we can all agree Dixon is a must for our club.

Guessing people are going to be disappointed if Aish turns around and signs now...
Was already in that boat if we pay that soft utensil 400k I will vomit. He does nothing well, does not kick goals, is slow, kicks around corners, does not have big possession games and struts around with this smug I going to be a hero in Adelaide look on his face. Good riddance crows prob be reluctant to give us J-pod.

Was already in that boat if we pay that soft utensil 400k I will vomit. He does nothing well, does not kick goals, is slow, kicks around corners, does not have big possession games and struts around with this smug I going to be a hero in Adelaide look on his face. Good riddance crows prob be reluctant to give us J-pod.
Yeah, I tend to agree with you, Aish is a distraction and the sooner he moves on the better.

whats wrong with the PSD if we finish last ? given the way we have been shafted in the past couple of years not many clubs would begrudge us such a hardline stance, furthermore our relationship with the Suns hasn't been ideal and given we our in direct competition with each other not like we would be looking to do each other any favours
Spot on here! We have no need to be worried about how upset the suns are. We must be ruthless and look after ourselves like everyone did a few years ago raiding the GH5 from us for crappy 2nd round picks!
I say finish bottom and offer overs to ensure he signs and take him in the PSD. Get a last 1st rounder for Aish and 2nd rounder for Leuy and then attack the draft and free agents as best we can.

Dixon took them finding space, on the lead, contested, overhead..... What he did today.... No one on our list can do. Get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was on the fence about Dixon - but after tonights game I'd love to see him in our forward line.

Only drawback is if the Suns finish below us and draft Schache
Honestly, I don't care if we get Schache. He might be a great player in the future, but not in the next 4 years. We don't have time to wait for another young KPF to develop.

Honestly, I don't care if we get Schache. He might be a great player in the future, but not in the next 4 years. We don't have time to wait for another young KPF to develop.

Don't get the whole we can't wait the 4 years for schache to develop. He won't be able to a handle the number 1 defender each week thing. Next year Close will be in his 4th season and McStay + Freeman 3rd year players. Schache won't be taking the number 1 and even if he does the others will be on the 2nd and 3rd best. The only reason its looked so bad this year is that it had only been one of them McStay on the park getting the number one defender on his own. The whole we will miss our window if we don't trade in a ready made kpf isn't 100% true. That's not saying I am against the idea just I don't think we would be in dire straights without one. Don't think we should sell the farm at all costs to get one. Personally I think if we know we can 100% draft Schache then we would be better off targeting a ready made absolute beast clearance player via trade instead of Dixon. If Freeman gets half a dozen games at the end of the season people's views might be completely different. We don't need all 3 of our playing tall forwards to be 4+ years into their careers.

Browny was still a pup when he played in the three flags. I say get best available. If you can get a potentially great key forward who actually wants a shot with the Lions, get him. There aren't many A grade key forwards around.

And if he's good enough, he can contribute as we rise, then keep us contending once we're there.

Browny was still a pup when he played in the three flags. I say get best available. If you can get a potentially great key forward who actually wants a shot with the Lions, get him. There aren't many A grade key forwards around.

And if he's good enough, he can contribute as we rise, then keep us contending once we're there.
I mean, it would be great to get him. But if we get Dixon and the Suns draft Schache, I wouldn't be at all concerned.

There were a number of really impressive elements to Dixon's match. Not only was he outmuscling his opponents in contests, but he also took a few marks on strong leads in space, and also did really well off the ground.

Most impressively though in many ways considering his size was his pressure. He was one of their best defenders up forward yesterday, and when you can have your key forwards applying that sort of pressure to stop the ball leaving your forward 50, you'll kick plenty more goals.

At 25 at the start of next year and seemingly finally with his body right, he could become a genuine star of the competition up forward. Just hope it's for us.

For anyone who missed his game, here's a bit of what he did.

Yeah..the most likely thing we will get out of an Aish departure is a second round draft pick that can't be used to help pay for Academy players.

Yeo got us pick 28 and Docherty 33...that looks like a realistic expectation.

Why couldn't it help pay for Academy players? Assuming we don't trade whatever we get for Aish out, we'll have that pick on draft night so will definitely be able to use it as part of our payment for Keays or Hipwood.

Would be very surprised if Aish gets us anything worse than a pick around 17 or 18 though. Best case scenario probably between 9-12. I don't think you can discount how highly rated he was as a junior. He's a big name in trade negotiations and we also don't have four other kids wanting to leave so will get a significantly better deal for him I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back