EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny you say that he's actually headed back to WA on Sunday and likely to miss the Pacco game along with Blacky and one other (name escapes me) but there's a likely pair returning.

Bar these three both teams should be at full strength.

Now I'm not sure if your pulling my leg but it would make it a more even contest as you guys are just to good at the moment.
Pacco have some long term injuries to Robbins, Randello and a couple of others however still going ok. Massive game this week. Hoping Pacco is suited to the bigger ground but Greenvale pretty good. Hopefully we still a big crowd as per the first match at Pacco.

That's my exact point, it just shouldn't happen given the circumstances!..
Which raises the question! When does somebody become a nobody?
Let's just hope it doesn't happen again!..

Strathmore definite Finals next year with recruits like Grima and mcintosh. Rumors flying around about chappy moving to lebanon reserve aswell next year any more news on that ?

How are they going to work that around the points system?:rolleyes:

I am not saying they won't be top shelf players..

But lets be reminded of the reasons they aren't at AFL level any more;
Injuries and age. not saying their contributions won't be above the standards but it all comes at a cost.

McIntosh won't be better than Mark Blake
Grima wont be better than he's brother
Does Chappy really want to come back into an inside mid role and get crashed and bashed week in week out, or does he plya out of the jam packed square that Strathmore will have?

How are they going to work that around the points system?:rolleyes:

Will depend what the point limit is in 2016 but if it is around 60 as mooted, Strathmore won't have an issue. In fact all clubs bar Pacco ran around 45 or lower this year. Pacco were over 70 from memory. Someone had this years list a few pages back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will depend what the point limit is in 2016 but if it is around 60 as mooted, Strathmore won't have an issue. In fact all clubs bar Pacco ran around 45 or lower this year. Pacco were over 70 from memory. Someone had this years list a few pages back

So will the points system work? If the points that Puff posted are true, how does the league see an even playing field if say Pacco can't recruit any more players ( if they keep their list) yet Abers, Greenvale can add another 15-20 points. The gap will be bigger. i know I might seem biased but I don't think the points system is the answer but I'm not sure how to fix it other than to say they should leave it alone and focus on fixing the junior pathway first.
Interesting times ahead.

I am not saying they won't be top shelf players..

But lets be reminded of the reasons they aren't at AFL level any more;
Injuries and age. not saying their contributions won't be above the standards but it all comes at a cost.

McIntosh won't be better than Mark Blake
Grima wont be better than he's brother
Does Chappy really want to come back into an inside mid role and get crashed and bashed week in week out, or does he plya out of the jam packed square that Strathmore will have?

Chappy would be perfect EDFL footballer hard tough kicks goals imagine I'd say would end kicking over 80 at the griff
also EDFL much different to afl and Narni might struggle but will play needs bases and finals and hammer will play half depending on travel and work

So will the points system work? If the points that Puff posted are true, how does the league see an even playing field if say Pacco can't recruit any more players ( if they keep their list) yet Abers, Greenvale can add another 15-20 points. The gap will be bigger. i know I might seem biased but I don't think the points system is the answer but I'm not sure how to fix it other than to say they should leave it alone and focus on fixing the junior pathway first.
Interesting times ahead.

Turbo - it will work to a degree, but teams will pay for loyalty "Yarraville Club CC" are the perfect example. For mine the club that bloods it's kids the best should set the bench mark & unfortunately for you, Pacco below par where Greenvale, Keilor & Abers would think longevity won't be a drama.

Interesting times ahead.
Greenvale won't be, their record for blooding juniors is enviable - which is exactly why their points tally is so low even after bringing in quite a few recruits prior to this season.
It's up to clubs to get their junior pathways sorted, those who have gotten on the front foot in this regard will prosper while some (looking at puffs tally) will struggle a touch..

Interesting times ahead.

Turbo - it will work to a degree, but teams will pay for loyalty "Yarraville Club CC" are the perfect example. For mine the club that bloods it's kids the best should set the bench mark & unfortunately for you, Pacco below par where Greenvale, Keilor & Abers would think longevity won't be a drama.

Gday Relax, your right mate. I'm up to date with the cricket and agree with you, but Yarraville Club do pay very well and recruited some cricketers that were very, very good.
Anyway back to the footy. We didn't really have much time to improve the junior pathway and don't have as many kids as some clubs as we are in an area where our neighbours are also in premier. Keilor & Greenvale are surrounded by B & C grade clubs so easier to attract junior talent. Agree Abers are a powerhouse and have worked hard but have spent plenty of $$, but did it prior to the points systems coming in. Pacco have unfortunately decided to try and build something at a bad time with the points system in next year. I'm hoping the league agrees to allocate more points to clubs with less junior talent/numbers to keep some balance and allow some time for clubs to build a good junior program.
We need to be careful as I can assure you if it's an uneven playing field, clubs will be scouting under16s and 18s and trying to entice kids across. It's not the right thing to do but what's the options for the first few years just bend over and cop it?
I know some clubs haven't done enough to entice juniors and bring forward the talent in the past, but it's not an even playing field. The best way is a salary cap "but" clubs will just fiddle the books and someone needs to police these so it's not practical.
*In closing I believe most clubs are glad to see Pacco up near the top and competing, as its someone different than the Abers, Greenvale, Strathmore's. What points did Marby have when they won their premierships, would have been high as well. But good on them I say and now look at them. Good juniors and a good base to build from.

GO THE MIGHTY PACCO PANTHERS!!

Strathmore definite Finals next year with recruits like Grima and mcintosh. Rumors flying around about chappy moving to lebanon reserve aswell next year any more news on that ?

Saturday night footy on ch7 will have a interview with Grima & McIntosh. Just seen it on ch7 footy...

I ventured out to Greenvale today and happy to give an honest upfront review. I'm sure my recent games summaries have been pretty good often mentioning the good standard of umpiring even during Paccos losses to Abers and Avondale.

Ok here goes. The game was played in front of a good crowd and the ground was in good condition with little wind favouring either side. Both sides had a few players out. Pacco started well and Greenvale got back into the game and started to play well and and took a good lead from quarter time that was difficult to peg back, however in the last quarter Pacco did have chances to get back into it but some costly misses were telling. Clearly Greenvale were the better team and deserved the win and will hold second spot. Game played in good spirits for the majority of the game.
BUT really it's just to see who will end up second as neither Greenvale or Pacco will get near Abers on today's performances.

Now I need to comment on a few things that really annoyed me.
1- the umpiring was very biased and the older umpire was clearly favouring Greenvale. He was talking to Greenvales #6 at quarter time and seemed to be having a good chat with plenty of smiling, which is quite embrassing. Also stopped play for a few seconds to ask a Greenvale player if he was ok but the player was still standing.
There was a scuffle during the 2nd quarter between 2 players and a Greenvale player ran from 20mts away to get involved and swings a round arm into the stomach of a Pacco player from behind. Thankfully it wasn't higher as I think his intention was, but changed his mind at the last minute. There wasn't much in it but it did cause more players to become involved. The umpire doesn't do anything until a bigger Pacco player charges in from a distance to show some strength then a free is paid to Greenvale. Very strange and clearly biased decision.
3- they bounce the ball outside the circle but favours Greenvale and hello play on.
2 centre square holding decisions from 30mts away paid against Pacco when they get back to 24pts.
3- Greenvale Lower charges Paccos Ross in the 1st quarter and it sees Pacco play with 1 less for the remainder of the game. Yes it was a fair hit but clearly it a plan and he was targetted. I'm guessing if Pacco play Greenvale in the finals he will get the same treatment. What goes around come around yeah.
4- Both sides seemed to have players that weren't prepared to get the hard ball but I won't name them.
5- Hill concussed again and had to leave the field. Umpires stopped play as Hill was down but didn't stop play when a Pacco player was down. Once again very strange umpiring.
*Hope Tom is ok for the remainer of the year but his now been concussed a few times from general play.

Now I don't often criticise umpires but this was the match of the round and the standard was below par and clearly biased towards one side. I hope that Pacco inform the league that these umpires don't officiated any more Greenvale or Pacco games. The female umpires are clearly better than the ones today.
Great standard of footy in the EDFL but today's umpiring was a blight on our league..

Happy to receive a review from any Greenvale supporters but I doubt it will be disputed. Yes when it was over they did seem to want to give Pacco a few frees and a 100nt penalty.

Now I went in for a beer after the game as did many Pacco players and supporters but why do Greenvale have to sell raffle tickets after the game. I've never known other clubs to do this, and they don't need the money surely..Bit embrassing IMO.

That's my rant for the week. Hopefully the league read this to improve our league.

PS: For the record another reason why the points system is not going to even out our competition but allow certain clubs to dominate our league for the next few years. Will only discourage supporters.

If I was from Pacco I would be absolutely gutted and embarrassed with the garbage you spew out. How many 50m penalties did you (again) get. 5 maybe 6. No champ ppl from Greenvale don't agree.

I hope your real name comes out one day so ppl know and can threaten you.To say Ross was deliberately targeted is embarrassing and deceitful in the extreme. Just so wrong. He wasn't even being tagged. He did land awkwardly on his shoulder when he was tackled with the ball trying too evade. Not one single player even remonstrated or stopped. Nobody even knows if you have the right player.

The raffle is for the players/reserves end of season trip I believe. Its a club not a business. I for one will never buy another raffle ticket again from the bloke at Pacco that walks around the oval.

You should also take a look at what the word "biased" actually means. Actually just pull out a mirror. It's laughable to anybody who reads this board that you can actually use it.

Last edited:
It was a game with some inconsistency from the umps but it wasn't the reason that Greenvale ended up with a comfortable margin . They played very well for most of the day with their little men on top, some game ending injuries to some Pacco players early on didn't help their teams cause ... Heard a lot of Greenvale supporters say it was the best they'd played all year'....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back