EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

How many points would they tally up for the club next year under the new points system? Considering Northern Saints FC is pretty much Chappy and the Caruso's home club?
Do playing coaches/assistant coaches come under the points system?

Was at raeburn on Sat. Did enjoy the new mobile scoreboard set up, provided a nice feel. A bit cheesy in parts but overall thought it worked well. Hodgey spoke really well at the President's Luncheon. Heard some intesreting news/ rumours which have further devasted morale at the Saints. Paul Chapman could be off to Strathmore for 2016, and the Caruso boys off to Aberfeldie. These are just what I heard and number of people at the club are devasted. The bad luck continues. I do hope they aren't true as the people down at that club deserve a break and some good news for a change.

Was at raeburn on Sat. Did enjoy the new mobile scoreboard set up, provided a nice feel. A bit cheesy in parts but overall thought it worked well. Hodgey spoke really well at the President's Luncheon. Heard some intesreting news/ rumours which have further devasted morale at the Saints. Paul Chapman could be off to Strathmore for 2016, and the Caruso boys off to Aberfeldie. These are just what I heard and number of people at the club are devasted. The bad luck continues. I do hope they aren't true as the people down at that club deserve a break and some good news for a change.

jeepers i havent heard the chappy one massive get if true and makes sense with Matty Little on board the Griff...

Have heard the same thing. Not sure how much truth to it though as they are very loyal to their old man

And let's be honest... Abers aren't really in need of their services although if true abers can get stuffed pillaging the lower clubs of talent

exactly surely not

The Essendon connection with Strathmore starts with the team mascot John Elliot.

Expect MacIntosh, Grima and Chapman to line up with Strathmore.

It will be interesting to see how McIntosh goes as his very injury prone. Not sure his even played much this year. Hopefully for the sake of the people paying him his upfront sign on, that he gets out on the park. I suppose Strathmore need to careful not be be to tall with Sikora, Taligue, McIntosh, Who are all ruckman. Can't be to top heavy on there small ground IMO.
But if McIntosh is up & going will be very handy..

Now Chappy will be a great get. Northern Saints maybe had a slight chance if they were going to play premier next year but just can't see Chappy playing div1. Also I'm guessing his match payments would be high. It will be great to see him play EDFL.

What about AFL Victoria rules as they will all come with max points and big coin. Going to be interesting to see how that pans out..

A lot of water to go under the bridge for Nathan. Will be recovering from some pretty serious back surgery so main priority is to get himself right. Worry about football much later.
Spot on Star Nathan is having very serious surgery fusing disks I understand.... just getting around day to day will be a challenge for the first part anyway such a shame would be a gun in the EDFL all the best to the young fella

It is not in Sikora's DNA to stay loyal.

Both Tagliabue and Sikora will be 4-5 point players should they move on.

MacIntosh will be financially rewarded for playing.

The only thing in their way is the points system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What points will the Caruso boys be to Aberfeldie?

They might need the cap to be 60

On the likes of Grima and McIntosh. Big difference having your body up for the demands of AFL compared to local footy.
Similar to Gumbleton playing in the Northern League, admittedly in a low div. Didn't play a game in the WAFL this year, hammys are still shot but he's performing ok.

What will be the broadcast game this week? The Greenvale 2nd v Pascoe Vale 3rd match....or will they go for a blockbuster for last place in Div 1 or 2 to showcase the league?

I can deny this rumour about the Caruso's - not true!!!

I can deny this rumour about the Caruso's - not true!!!

Sorry Puff and to the Saints people, it's what I heard on Saturday. The bigger rumour was the Chappy rumour. I hope for the Saints they still retain the Caruso boys, they seem part of the furniture at the club and the area, would be a shame to see them play elsewhere. Who knows they may well still be loyal something there isn't that much of today in football.

Club legend Brett Hayward will play his 400th game for the club this weekend, in the reserves, against Airport West. He started in the Under 10's at Abers and continued throughout the juniors then transitioned to senior footy and has played over 100 senior Premier division games before spending his last few years in our reserves team.

A great achievement for a cracking bloke and he'll join fellow club legend and life member, Dominic Monteleone, as our second 400 game player.

An outstanding effort.

Club legend Brett Hayward will play his 400th game for the club this weekend, in the reserves, against Airport West. He started in the Under 10's at Abers and continued throughout the juniors then transitioned to senior footy and has played over 100 senior Premier division games before spending his last few years in our reserves team.

A great achievement for a cracking bloke and he'll join fellow club legend and life member, Dominic Monteleone, as our second 400 game player.

An outstanding effort.

Great stuff. How good are these players that stay and play reserves near the end of their careers, rather than go and play a lower division or retire. I reckon these type of people should be rewarded for doing this. Free entry to some functions, drink cards, free merchandise for the family etc.

Sorry Puff and to the Saints people, it's what I heard on Saturday. The bigger rumour was the Chappy rumour. I hope for the Saints they still retain the Caruso boys, they seem part of the furniture at the club and the area, would be a shame to see them play elsewhere. Who knows they may well still be loyal something there isn't that much of today in football.

Hey Joey, either way they will/should be classed as loyal players mate. You couldn't begrudge them playing premier next year and maybe they will come back to NS in their later years. I seen Caruso play Sat and he looked to be playing injured or sore. Was limping in the last half but still giving his all.
Might also depend if his dad stays on as president.

It is not in Sikora's DNA to stay loyal.

Both Tagliabue and Sikora will be 4-5 point players should they move on.

MacIntosh will be financially rewarded for playing.

The only thing in their way is the points system.

We used to say that's a lot of money on 3 similar type players but now we need to consider the points and salary cap. This is in reference to all clubs as it's going to be a juggling act. No player on good coin will be happy to play reserves because you need to stay within the points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back