List Mgmt. 2015 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread Pt 1

WISH LIST: If we could trade for the following players, who should we get?

• Will Minson (Ruck)

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Ryan Schoenmakers (CHB)

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Zac Dawson (CHB)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Matt Suckling (HBF)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Shaun Hampson (Ruck)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Brian Lake (FB)

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Sam Gilbert (CHB)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Matt Leuenberger (Ruck)

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Tom Bellchambers (Ruck)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Courtenay Dempsey (CHB)

• Zac Smith (Ruck)

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trent McKenzie (Mid)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Steve Johnson (Fwd)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Nathan Wilson (HBF)

• Jake Carlisle (CHB)

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Adam Treloar (Mid)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Jeremy McGovern (Def) (Re-signed with WCE)

Votes: 20 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the club is in talks with heeney, because you know his manager will already recieved calls from the vultures

Give him a Buddy-like deal ASAP :thumbsu:

Mitchell is about 15 fifteen suburbs ahead of him and how long did it take him to get into the seniors?

No midfield spots.
Not replacing Ted or Reg or Ramps.
Forward line, yeah right.

Only spot was maybe Shaw but Jones would have been ahead of him.

So no, he would NOT have played most of the year in our side.
Didn't Biggs play on the half back flank? Don't forget that in the matches he played for us he did well.

I think he will play again next year. He is not the player he once was but we are not really in a position to delist him given that we have no one that is obviously ready to replace him. Teddy going at 80% of what he could do is still better than our other options.
Be a great third man in defense

Didn't Biggs play on the half back flank? Don't forget that in the matches he played for us he did well.

Not saying he played shite when he got a chance but the reality (which seems lost on quite a few) is that he was fringe AT BEST. What was the club to do? Make sacrifices for a fringe player? Guarantee him seniors? Under the circumstances he chose to leave. Could we use him now? Sure with injuries he would fill a void but that is about his limit.

Hope he becomes a superstar for the Bullies but that would be a big turnaround from what he showed at the Swans, IMO.

Not saying he played shite when he got a chance but the reality (which seems lost on quite a few) is that he was fringe AT BEST. What was the club to do? Make sacrifices for a fringe player? Guarantee him seniors? Under the circumstances he chose to leave. Could we use him now? Sure with injuries he would fill a void but that is about his limit.

Hope he becomes a superstar for the Bullies but that would be a big turnaround from what he showed at the Swans, IMO.

He was only a fringe player because Longmire wouldn't play him. His performances were enough so he should have been in the best 22.

He was only a fringe player because Longmire wouldn't play him. His performances were enough so he should have been in the best 22.

Even if you accept he was best 22 he was still only best 22 when we had 23 or 24 or 25 best 22 players.

Craig Bird is best 22, should be playing seniors, no spot.
George Hewett should be playing seniors but there is no spot for him.
There was no spot for Mitchell for a long time.

Be realistic.

I can't think of any defenders right now I'd have behind him.. Prefer Zak Jones to Shiggsy myself.

Grundy, Richards, Laidler, Rampe, Smith, Jones, then Macca/Rohan/Reid depending on match ups... Yeh I don't see Shane Biggs surpassing any of them right now

Even if you accept he was best 22 he was still only best 22 when we had 23 or 24 or 25 best 22 players.

Craig Bird is best 22, should be playing seniors, no spot.
George Hewett should be playing seniors but there is no spot for him.
There was no spot for Mitchell for a long time.

Be realistic.
When you look at how Bird/Mitchell have dominated NEAFL vs how Hewett does it does damper expectations slightly. I think he is a potential talent......just isnt pressing his case too hard (el la mitchell/bird)

When you look at how Bird/Mitchell have dominated NEAFL vs how Hewett does it does damper expectations slightly. I think he is a potential talent......just isnt pressing his case too hard (el la mitchell/bird)

IMO he is one of those players that will blossom at AFL level. The foundations of his game are top notch. IMO he has the potential to be our Sam Mitchell.

IMO he is one of those players that will blossom at AFL level. The foundations of his game are top notch. IMO he has the potential to be our Sam Mitchell.

I dunno, while you are in a premiership window you play best available. TBH i thought that this would be his breakout year and he would really press for seniors, but robinson seems to have beaten him to that punch and looked capable. He is probably a further down than this time last year with mills coming in.....

Dont get me wrong I think he is a talent and dont want to lose him, just wished he really made a statement in some of his chances in NEAFL this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, while you are in a premiership window you play best available. TBH i thought that this would be his breakout year and he would really press for seniors, but robinson seems to have beaten him to that punch and looked capable. He is probably a further down than this time last year with mills coming in.....

Dont get me wrong I think he is a talent and dont want to lose him, just wished he really made a statement in some of his chances in NEAFL this year.

He was the youngest kid (or one of) in his draft.
Not saying he should replace someone, just saying that IMO he is good enough, kinda like the argument made by some about Biggsy back in the day.
Definitely a keeper and I believe he is keen to stay.

Hey guys. Having seen a few Swans reserves games in the NEAFL last year, I was actually more impressed with Callum Mills than I was with Isaac Heeney at the time, given the numbers Mills was racking up as a bottom ager. Fast forward a year & Heeney looks to be a superstar of the future. I'm not sure how many of you have seen Mills in action, but his injury set back this year has kept him out of sight out of mind IMHO. This guy will turn out just as good or even better than Heeney. Anyways, good luck in the finals :thumbsu:

Hey guys. Having seen a few Swans reserves games in the NEAFL last year, I was actually more impressed with Callum Mills than I was with Isaac Heeney at the time, given the numbers Mills was racking up as a bottom ager. Fast forward a year & Heeney looks to be a superstar of the future. I'm not sure how many of you have seen Mills in action, but his injury set back this year has kept him out of sight out of mind IMHO. This guy will turn out just as good or even better than Heeney. Anyways, good luck in the finals :thumbsu:
If mills is better than heeney, then just wow. No words.

If mills is better than heeney, then just wow. No words.
I remember getting to the Swans v Saints game last year early & catching 3 quarters of Swans v Giants reserves game. I was watching these 3 skinny kids, with numbers on their backs in the 50s, running berserk all over the ground & having huge influence on the end result, which was the Swans winning by 1 or 2 points... Turns out they were Heeney, Hiscox & Mills. Hiscox kicked 2-3 goals, with the other boys getting 20+ touches each which isn't bad going as 17-18yr olds. Not sure they were in the best, but you could see they were very very talented

I remember getting to the Swans v Saints game last year early & catching 3 quarters of Swans v Giants reserves game. I was watching these 3 skinny kids, with numbers on their backs in the 50s, running berserk all over the ground & having huge influence on the end result, which was the Swans winning by 1 or 2 points... Turns out they were Heeney, Hiscox & Mills. Hiscox kicked 2-3 goals, with the other boys getting 20+ touches each which isn't bad going as 17-18yr olds. Not sure they were in the best, but you could see they were very very talented
Stats that day

Heeney 23 disposals 3 marks 6 tackles 6 clearances 6 inside 50s 2 rebound 50s 2 behinds
Mills 23 disposals 5 tackles 2 clearances 4 inside 50s 6 rebound 50s 1 behind
Hiscox 16 disposals 2 marks 3 clearances 1 inside 50 2 rebound 50s 3 goals 3 behinds

Heeney and Mills equal 2nd disposals behind that ball hog Tom Mitchell

Swans won 78-77

Id really love if we tried to pick up Yarran and Menzel. Not sure how but reckon could get both cheap and both have massive ceilings plus both fill a need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back