List Mgmt. 2015 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread Pt 1

WISH LIST: If we could trade for the following players, who should we get?

• Will Minson (Ruck)

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Ryan Schoenmakers (CHB)

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Zac Dawson (CHB)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Matt Suckling (HBF)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Shaun Hampson (Ruck)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Brian Lake (FB)

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Sam Gilbert (CHB)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Matt Leuenberger (Ruck)

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Tom Bellchambers (Ruck)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Courtenay Dempsey (CHB)

• Zac Smith (Ruck)

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trent McKenzie (Mid)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Steve Johnson (Fwd)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Nathan Wilson (HBF)

• Jake Carlisle (CHB)

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Adam Treloar (Mid)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Jeremy McGovern (Def) (Re-signed with WCE)

Votes: 20 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is our total direct return from all of those players leaving:

2014, Pick 32 (George Hewett)
2014, Pick 35 (Toby Nankervis) (How did we only get pick 35 for Mumford?!)
2015, Pick 37 (James Rose)
Hewett looks good
Nank could replace Tippett in a few years imo.
Rose looks good

Hewett looks good
Nank could replace Tippett in a few years imo.
Rose looks good

Swans could trade them all for a bucket of s**t and you would say at least the bucket is nice :p

Plus I doubt GWS will be that open to trading with us, they would rather screw us over in a trade than help the player out as we saw in their trade "offers" for Mumford and Lamb.

Incorrect. You're viewing it from an emotional perspective. Professionals don't bring emotions into it.

They offered us nothing because they were near the bottom end (i.e. the bottom
) of the ladder and they knew that they didn't have too. In addition we were financially stressed at the time so they knew where they stood.

This year they're higher up the ladder and we aren't as financially vulnerable.

Last edited:

Yes and I remember many on here said the same thing last year. A missed opportunity?

We are just supporters behind a keyboard who really knows what the club wanted to draft but was not possible due to a whole host of reasons, remember the player in question has to want to come here.

And we always have to pay overs in terms of $$$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and I remember many on here said the same thing last year. A missed opportunity?

The small issue that he isn't a ruckman...he plays in the ruck (sort of) but he is better up forward pinch hitting in the ruck ideally. Missing McKernan just meant we missed yet another 2nd ruck. We have enough of them.

And if Mickey O stories are true what is he?

It was a dumb sledge but who cares if he is the right fit

Which i am not saying he is

Please elaborate 'cos I've heard nothing. If however, you're referring to the incident in SA with Heuskes, it's rubbish and the outcome proves it!

And if Mickey O stories are true what is he?

It was a dumb sledge but who cares if he is the right fit

Which i am not saying he is
Also, it's not the only sledge, he has history. He doesn't fit, won't fit and will not be drafted/traded...swans don't operate like that!

Please elaborate 'cos I've heard nothing. If however, you're referring to the incident in SA with Heuskes, it's rubbish and the outcome proves it!

Why elaborate my whole point was its got f all to do with their footy

Also, it's not the only sledge, he has history. He doesn't fit, won't fit and will not be drafted/traded...swans don't operate like that!

Righto you let sydney know its not allowed then

Why elaborate my whole point was its got f all to do with their footy
Elaborate, or is it a case of 'you heard a rumour, I doubt it's true' and I'll run with it? Go with fact, their on/off field indiscretions have a lot to do with footy.

What's all this Biggs revisionist crap? He never got into the seniors for an extended run because of shaw, mattner, malceski, shaw, smith, Johnson and everitt. For all those complaining about his trade, of those players in 2013 does he get ahead of? Take out everitt and matter in 2014, add rampe, who does he get ahead of?

We'll be better off in the long term, nothing to see here, move along please.

What's all this Biggs revisionist crap? He never got into the seniors for an extended run because of shaw, mattner, malceski, shaw, smith, Johnson and everitt. For all those complaining about his trade, of those players in 2013 does he get ahead of? Take out everitt and matter in 2014, add rampe, who does he get ahead of?

We'll be better off in the long term, nothing to see here, move along please.

Of those 6 players you listed, 5 wont be playing next year. Would easily be best 22 next season and maybe even now.

Considering our depth problems, we shouldnt have gotten rid of him for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back