Review Winners and Losers of the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Hibberd, McKay, Wagner and Clarke, we've addressed our future outside and KPF needs (at least somewhat), l'm happy for my mob. Carlton did well, l really wanted Cunningham at North.

Yeah I think North cleaned up tidily. Will Scott play the kids though considering you're probably still in premiership mode. Its bit of a tricky balancing act.

Who won, who lost?

I know it's early but **** me I think the Lions will be ranking high up on the draft boards. Absolute steals in Mathieson and Skinner.

Also really liked the selections of North and also Port.
You started a s**t thread know one knows the answer to until a few years time.

Yeah I think North cleaned up tidily. Will Scott play the kids though considering you're probably still in premiership mode. Its bit of a tricky balancing act.
He usually backs in the old heads first, but if you have a bit of mongrel (like Garner or Turner) he'll give the midfield types a go. McKay will develop in the seconds for a year or two (to be Petrie's long term replacement).

Your lot did well, Cunningham is an ideal pick up for your lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting Rice for 60 when most places were predicting him to cost 40 was a massive bonus for the Saints. More so when we picked White who according to a poster on the Saints board was 14th on the Saints rankings:

I'm telling ya, I was standing RIGHT next to Finnis, asked him about Matho just before the Lions pick, and he said no, White. Showed me on his phone our list of players: Gresham at 7 on that list, White at 14.

Gresham is also a good get since if he was 10cm taller he probably would have been picked much higher.

Getting Rice for 60 when most places were predicting him to cost 40 was a massive bonus for the Saints. More so when we picked White who according to a poster on the Saints board was 14th on the Saints rankings:

Gresham is also a good get since if he was 10cm taller he probably would have been picked much higher.
I'm guessing your board was pissed when Brisbane snaked you and grabbed Mathieson at 39 though. Don't blame you guys, I'd be the same. Think they did it to us with Skinner as well.

Brisbane and Carlton did well.

For us, it was mixed.

We did very well with Parish, Francis, Mitch Brown and Michael Hartley, but then addressed the lack of speed with Alex Morgan and Mason Redman instead of going for best available, which isn't a bad thing. We also addressed our small forward problems with Yestin Eades so I guess we did pretty well. Would've preferred one of Bonner or Balic with either 24/25. But oh well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back