Australia vs New Zealand 3rd Test Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

nah. If Shaun Marsh had choked tonight and we lost because of it, that would have been the Damien Martyn moment. I never forgive Martyn for years and I wanted him to succeed. He choked though whilst tailenders McDermott were scoring the runs. Mitch Marsh is not under pressure like his bro Shaun is truly on his last chance. Big pressure for Shaun.
There were five other batsmen who weren't rookies who were as much, or more, to blame than Martyn.

Shuffle the side around because Marsh is not good enough? Not the right approach.

Against the Windies?

On flat Australian wickets we need 5 bowlers. Nevill is possibly good enough to bat at 6. Scored very well for NSW for a number of years.

Give Marsh some confidence and some time and hope he develops further into the player we want him to be.

Recall that bigfooty wanted Hazlespud dropped for good during the last two tests in favour of Siddle who bigfooty now wants to be dropped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against the Windies?

On flat Australian wickets we need 5 bowlers. Nevill is possibly good enough to bat at 6. Scored very well for NSW for a number of years.

Give Marsh some confidence and some time and hope he develops further into the player we want him to be.

Recall that bigfooty wanted Hazlespud dropped for good during the last two tests in favour of Siddle who bigfooty now wants to be dropped
Burns is the one I am most worried about, though he will probably do well against the WI.

Could you play Nevill, Marsh and Faulkner at 6, 7 and 8, with three frontline bowlers. You would think the three of them would do the work of a 6 and 7, and provide enough bowling options to make up for one less frontline bowler.

Reasonable suggestion but not really the way Australian selectors have treated the likes of Gilchrist or Haddin. The comeback of Khawaja will give them more options and possibly another talented younger batsmen to put another recognised bat at 6. also the jury is out on Faulkner's impact as a bowler. I dont know his current form but 2 bowling all rounders is pushing it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back