Training Preseason 15/16 - TTHD

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you say McInnes or Sinclair? Could say the same thing about him the last couple years. His wafl ruck stats are solid in comparison.
i was talking bout mcinnis. I honestly think sydney went for the wrong ruckmen. Tippet might end up doing a most of the ruck work while sinclair spends more time forward and will have half the output as tippet would have had playing forward.

I would like to see lycett play more ruck than 30% .
Use natanui in the centre bounces and in bursts and have lycett ruck around the ground as he is very good at pick up possessions around the ground .
Watching natanui slowly jogging up and down the ground waiting for another stoppage is frustrating at times after watching cox always reading the play and run to the right places to link up . Lycett could do this and save natanui to be more explosive when it's his rotation .
Having nic resting in the goal square will also attract a key defender giving darling a lesser defender .

Can someone explian to me how champion data's ranking of elite players work? Apparently a bloke who kicked 80 and a a pure wingmen averaging 30 in a season isnt good enough to be defined as an elite player?

A distinct lack of 'to be honest' in that Simmo interview. Wonder if it was something he's been working on.

I reckon he held a bit more back than normal. Preseason after all - needs to keep the hype down and the plans secret I guess.

i was talking bout mcinnis. I honestly think sydney went for the wrong ruckmen. Tippet might end up doing a most of the ruck work while sinclair spends more time forward and will have half the output as tippet would have had playing forward.
Problem is tippet is injury prone and you would much rather have Sinclair play main ruck for a long period than McInnes

Can someone explian to me how champion data's ranking of elite players work? Apparently a bloke who kicked 80 and a a pure wingmen averaging 30 in a season isnt good enough to be defined as an elite player?

936801.jpg

I think its a percentage and taken over more than one season .
Saying that Kennedy has probably kicked the most goals over the last 2 seasons

I think CDs stats are quite involved. Its the first time Priddis has ever been ranked elite even though he has been a ball magnet for a long time. Gaff would be included with other midfielders and his uncontested possessions probably hurts him. Unsure on Kennedy. I thought he would be up there considering he does a lot of defensive work too.

I would like to see lycett play more ruck than 30% .
Use natanui in the centre bounces and in bursts and have lycett ruck around the ground as he is very good at pick up possessions around the ground .
Watching natanui slowly jogging up and down the ground waiting for another stoppage is frustrating at times after watching cox always reading the play and run to the right places to link up . Lycett could do this and save natanui to be more explosive when it's his rotation .
Having nic resting in the goal square will also attract a key defender giving darling a lesser defender .
I doubt Lycett will play 30%. he will play atleast 40% ( alot more than sinclair did) Scotts a genuine ruckmen and as you have mentioned above lycett will increase the potency of nic nat, In Fact both going 50/50 might work.sometimes sinclair use to lose momentum by rucking against their back up ruckmen ahahaha. Then nic nat come along and get the game back in our favour. I doubt lycett will do something like that.
Problem is tippet is injury prone and you would much rather have Sinclair play main ruck for a long period than McInnes
Thats true. Tho sinclair will get murdered if he had to come against nic nat or any other great ruckmen by himself.

I think CDs stats are quite involved. Its the first time Priddis has ever been ranked elite even though he has been a ball magnet for a long time. Gaff would be included with other midfielders and his uncontested possessions probably hurts him. Unsure on Kennedy. I thought he would be up there considering he does a lot of defensive work too.
I think its a percentage and taken over more than one season .
Saying that Kennedy has probably kicked the most goals over the last 2 seasons
doesnt make sense as mclovin made the list as well. Uncotessted possession shouldnt have anything to judge that. Of coarse wingmen ar going to get uncontested footy. JK one confuses me as he has kicked 60 goals or more in the two years before that as well.

doesnt make sense as mclovin made the list as well. Uncotessted possession shouldnt have anything to judge that. Of coarse wingmen ar going to get uncontested footy. JK one confuses me as he has kicked 60 goals or more in the two years before that as well.
Who were the key forwards that are elite over Kennedy ?
Roughead ?

They dont class wingmen seperate. Gaff would be compared to Fyfe, Ablett and co

The AFL rankings work similar to CD. If you have a look McGovern is already ranked as the 4th best key defender. His contested marking probably helps him score well in the ratings. Kennedy on the other hand is ranked behind 5 other guys. There must be some stat he is lacking in that hurts his chances. Who knows what it is. Hawkins is rated higher :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who were the key forwards that are elite over Kennedy ?
Roughead ?
roughy, jack reilwoldt and lance. Over the last couple of years jks been as good if not better than two of these blokes. Jack reiwlodt hasnt been that great for a while.

They dont class wingmen seperate. Gaff would be compared to Fyfe, Ablett and co

The AFL rankings work similar to CD. If you have a look McGovern is already ranked as the 4th best key defender. His contested marking probably helps him score well in the ratings. Kennedy on the other hand is ranked behind 5 other guys. There must be some stat he is lacking in that hurts his chances. Who knows what it is. Hawkins is rated higher :drunk:
LOL thats pathetic, Maybe they should add meters gained and inside 50's and as well as disposal efficiency to that lot to make it more fair to wingmen.

Sorry buy the main purpose of key forwards is to kick goals. J. Reilwoldt and Hawkins have been average for the last two years.

The other thing that's interesting is they say that to be considered elite you need to be in the top 10% of your position. Only 4 key forwards are listed. Surely there are more than 40 key forwards in the league. There should be more players listed in total. It must be a typo and be top 5%.

Spent the day with the guys in Kal.

All the players were great during school, hospital visits. Simmo ran a small coaching forum for a few guys which was really interesting just how they plan and certain fundamentals that they continue to place emphasis on then a sportsman night.

The club is bloody good at these sort of events.

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 10.39.14 pm.png
wait, i cant remember selwood being that tall, his as tall as allen and lamb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back