Training Preseason 15/16 - TTHD

Remove this Banner Ad

nlnzb6.jpg

In Lycetts interview on the website he said he had a lot of trouble with his body last year, makes sense after how good he was looking in the games he played in 2014.

He can be an improvement on Sinclair if things go right for him - better in the ruck and better skills IMO, just needs to want it more and be able to keep busy when not playing on the ball.

In Lycetts interview on the website he said he had a lot of trouble with his body last year, makes sense after how good he was looking in the games he played in 2014.

He can be an improvement on Sinclair if things go right for him - better in the ruck and better skills IMO, just needs to want it more and be able to keep busy when not playing on the ball.
Always been a better player than sinclair and always had a higher ceilling than sincs. Sincs was a hard worker but doesnt have the same talent or skill set as lycett. I actually wouldnt be surprised if lycett finishes third or fourth for goals in the team this season.

Always been a better player than sinclair and always had a higher ceilling than sincs. Sincs was a hard worker but doesnt have the same talent or skill set as lycett. I actually wouldnt be surprised if lycett finishes third or fourth for goals in the team this season.
I would be surprised.

I think the problem was last year that he overtrained in the preseason, which led to his body breaking down - last season he did the most minutes training apparently.

With the big guys it is important that they don't overdo in the preseason because it hurts them season proper

I'm feeling very bullish with regards to Lycett this season. Good to great endurance I'm led to believe. Played forward as a junior, has already kicked a few at the highest level. Rucked VERY well vs Hawks when obviously not %100 fit. If he is fit and well to go, Nicnat/Lycett is a very intimidating presence on the field. I'm not one to get too excited, but if this guy reaches the potential that the club sees in him.....well...then...I will be EXTREMELY excited. Caveat is endurance with the new interchange/sub rules. Lycett for a break out year for mine, can't put him in the 'most improved spud thread' cos he's not a spud. Looking forward to bigger things this year. I'm feeling positive.
Nice post Scott

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 2m2 minutes ago

"Dom and Jack are progressing really well. They should both be available for NAB three." -Adam Simpson

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 1m1 minute ago

"Every club is happy with their pre-season. They came back over Christmas with some real commitment." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 1m1 minute ago

"It's difficult to tell what impact the sub rule will change for us this early." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 50s50 seconds ago

"We're reasonably flexible, but we will test a few things." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 50s50 seconds ago

"We had a little intra-club on Saturday and we'll have another one next Saturday. We're into full game mode now." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 16s16 seconds ago

"We had a good hit-out with no injuries on the weekend. That was pleasing." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 11s11 seconds ago

"We will manage our senior players through the #NABChallenge and hopefully give our kids a run." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 31s32 seconds ago

"Nic has missed one or two sessions this summer with some back tightness." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 17s17 seconds ago

"We need to manage Nic, he needs a different program, but we're flexible with that." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 16s16 seconds ago

"Jetta hasn't missed a beat. He adds a lot of flexibility and has trained through half back, half forward and on the wing." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 6m6 minutes ago

"We're excited to be in Kalgoorlie, the #AFLCommunityCamp is a fantastic event and I'm looking forward to seeing more of town." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 9m9 minutes ago

"I'm happy to be at West Coast. The short term future and our list is really exciting, but there are no guarantees." -AS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His contract ends in 2019 I think. Why anyone would leave a club on the back of four straight premierships is beyond me. Let alone for norf, who might even fold from insignificance by then.

oh you

Nic has missed one or two sessions this summer with some back tightness
That's pretty vague. one, two or three sessions? Also, what is back tightness? Have to say I get a bit concerned when someone has an ongoing back injury that has to be "managed".. Would love to know what the actual problem is.

Nic has missed one or two sessions this summer with some back tightness
That's pretty vague. one, two or three sessions? Also, what is back tightness? Have to say I get a bit concerned when someone has an ongoing back injury that has to be "managed".. Would love to know what the actual problem is.

He has struggled with his back since he has been at the club so it is nothing new. Nic Nat over the last 1-2 years has been learning how to deal with all this small niggles he gets and to get the best out of his body. It is nothing to do be concerned about as their are plenty of players in the league that require management through the season.

Caption this

12592668_10153793597132224_3404721497058376899_n.jpg

M Brown "Thank **** I'm not involved. May hurt something"
Awesome photo.

Lycett looks like a cop..."come here, you young scamp!"

Priddis..."crap, if he turns on the afterburners I could be in real trouble..."

Shuey..."ho-lee s**t..."

and Yeo be like:

images.jpg

Yeo for Brownlow. Get on early.
Damn. I already put my life savings
Who is the better forward out of Lycett and McInnes?

If they think it's McInnes, will they be tempted to go for something like this:

NN - 60% ruck
McInnes - 30% ruck
Gov (playing mostly in defence) - 10% ruck
Yeo Smokey all Australian ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back