14/15 Bundesliga

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
This might not get much activity so maybe merge with a 'The rest of the leagues' thread or something if need be? I just noticed there were a few German club fans here and it might get a bit of discussion.

This can also cover the DFB Pokal etc.

German Super Cup:

Great match this morning between Bayern and Dortmund in the supercup, both teams weakened but Dortmund were extremely strong at the back and their counter attack was ridiculous, they just seemed to want it more. Aubameyang had a brilliant assist...;) for Mkhitaryan's opening goal and then Auba jumped like Michael Jordan to head in the second and clean up an opponent in the process. Bayern were missing most of their crucial players and were especially vulnerable in defence. Shaqiri looked very hungry but unfortunately the ball was glued to his feet, so Lewandowski didn't get much service from arguably their most dominant midfielder in the game.

WfXc0OJ.jpg

Hope it's an entertaining season and hopefully the league winner hasn't already been decided by March or something ridiculous.

and i believe javi martinez has done his acl and thiago has had some sort of injury setback. might be seeing more of the likes of holbjerg and gaudino early on in the season, especially with rafinha's injury which also means lahm will likely be playing fullback more than midfield.

Dortmund easily my favourite Bundesliga team. Didn't watch it this morning due to not having Setanta but was delighted when I woke up to see the score.
Really entertaining style of play with an entertaining manager.

Good to get one up on Bayern as it always is and good to see Lewy struggle.

Like Dortmund.

Bayern to win the league though, overall a crap league in my view.

Dortmund are selling shares now, there are rumours going around that Puma are going to buy a big chunk in order to help the club keep Reus after the failed attempt to get him to sign a new contract in May.

As much as everyone (apart from maybe bidding clubs) would want him to stay, it isn't probable.

Germany's full of likeable teams, although might have to something to do with the whole fan-ownership model that they run over there.

Picking a team was the hardest part, if Langerak didn't sign then I'd be watching either Leverkusen, Schalke, Bremen, Wolfsburg or Hamburger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see Martinez out - never good to see a great player out with a bad injury like that, even if it is for Buyern. Will surely affect their back 3, Thiago out too for an indefinite amount of time.

Our win was particularly pleasing given the omissions of Reus, Weidenfeller, Hummels, Subotic (did not play), Sahin or Gundogan (or Goetze/Lewandowski ;) ) - all walk up starters. Sokratis did a great job on Lewandowski, and Ginter found his feet after being a bit flat footed against Liverpool.

Will be interesting to see how Immobile performs this year - had a few instances where he should have passed rather than shoot in the game, maybe just trying to find his feet/make a mark, but I hope that he doesn't take the role of replacing Lewandowski down to the word in terms of scoring 25 goals - 15 goals and 15 goal assists is as good as 30 goals IMO.

Miki also looked sublime, look for him to go close to DFB player of the year this year. Seriously underrated, even with the price tag.

In other news - FC Mainz are on the sliiiiide. Out of Pokal, out of Europa, Tuchel resigning - I hope this isn't a bad omen for a team that made a lot of headway in the last couple of years. It's always sad to see a slider - the BL needs contenders, and last year the competition for top 6 was more exciting than that for the title

Couldn't watch last night because my internet is awful, streams just wouldn't load, which meant I couldn't watch the Rovers match either :(

Here are the scores from the Pokal matches

7aa5963a38.png

I'm not sure if the Rovers match was even televised, I was going off their local radio call.

Last edited:
Huge win for VfL Bochum, second big team to get knocked out in the first round. Absolutely horrible stuff up from VfB keeper, but the second goal was well set up, and probably should have had a third. Can't bring myself to like Bochum even though my missus loves them - those pricks have a fan friendship with those pricks from the south east, and I cant bring myself to like them one bit

Given Schalke's amazing run of shitness, I wouldn't be surprised if they choke towards the end of the season and finish 5th. Out of the Pokal at the hands of Dresden this morning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back