NFL (15/16) Super Bowl 50: Denver Broncos vs Carolina Panthers

Game Predictions...(1 vote per category, 7 votes total)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah CBS seemed to have audio problems right through, think some were complaining they could hear producer counting down in background. Also had problems with some of their replays...what a hack network.

Its also Levi's being a giant turd of a stadium that kills any atmosphere.

A close game isn't necessarily a good game though, this game was error-riddled, and you can't put it all down to the brilliant defense from the Broncos. It was very scrappy at times, but not in a good way.

That's where the Freo/Hawthorn GF comparison is apt, that game was decided by 14 points and was reasonably close all day, but it was a horrific spectacle. A close game in many cases is a good game and will keep you watching until the end, but it's not a given. This was not a good game, the AFC Championship game on the other hand...

Lulz, that junktime 2-point conversion really won the game. :drunk:

the freo /hawks gf was played in strong windy conditions unlike todays game. today was woeful. good defence but Cam choked and let a washed up quarterback spud it up and still win a superbowl

the freo /hawks gf was played in strong windy conditions unlike todays game. today was woeful. good defence but Cam choked and let a washed up quarterback spud it up and still win a superbowl
Hahahah

GTFO squib

Hahahah

GTFO squib
your emotional response validates its truth. it was cringeworthy watching both quarterbacks, especially Manning. has anyone been so carried to a victory? i was hoping in that first half Osweiler was even considered. Newton would be having nightmares about that missed opportunity. it was like Manning was so impotent that it was inevitable that Newton would get it together, but he choked under the big moment pressure. Manning to his credit did not make it about him as everyone knows he is finished. its a massive tribute this victory to Elway

your emotional response validates its truth. it was cringeworthy watching both quarterbacks, especially Manning. has anyone been so carried to a victory? i was hoping in that first half Osweiler was even considered. Newton would be having nightmares about that missed opportunity. it was like Manning was so impotent that it was inevitable that Newton would get it together, but he choked under the big moment pressure. Manning to his credit did not make it about him as everyone knows he is finished. its a massive tribute this victory to Elway
No emotion from your dribble I can assure you that

Super bowl champs. Manning another ring.

What a day

I think it was Manning's turn given the amount of s**t bags he has dragged to the playoffs in his time

I think it was Manning's turn given the amount of s**t bags he has dragged to the playoffs in his time

With the win Manning gets back above .500 in playoffs now he is 14-13 all time. with 2 Superbowl wins. nice way to end.

No emotion from your dribble I can assure you that

Super bowl champs. Manning another ring.

What a day

even a bronco fan like you could not deny exasperation over the fact that Newton had a chance to win the game with 5 mins to go. no doubt Manning is a great quarterback in the past but his performance today almost cost his team despite the defence dominating and setting up so many chances to not only win but win huge. if Von miller had not made that play and Newton engineered just one drive the Bronco fans would have lynched Manning and deservedly so. Manning was almost the ultimate anchor. the american media like to paint it as a fairytale finish but fans know the real truth. hope he retires for his sake

even a bronco fan like you could not deny exasperation over the fact that Newton had a chance to win the game with 5 mins to go. no doubt Manning is a great quarterback in the past but his performance today almost cost his team despite the defence dominating and setting up so many chances to not only win but win huge. if Von miller had not made that play and Newton engineered just one drive the Bronco fans would have lynched Manning and deservedly so. Manning was almost the ultimate anchor. the american media like to paint it as a fairytale finish but fans know the real truth. hope he retires for his sake
I don't know what you're trying to argue here

I have no idea why you brought Peyton's performance into this

He played s**t. So what? We won

Truly remarkable when you factor in that until Manning came off the bench in week 17 the Broncos actually looked like they could miss playoffs.

It'll make a heck of an America's game.
Yep - America's Game - literally one of the best parts about winning the Super Bowl

Better make it *ing good

Manning was never going to get benched, he was asked to manage the game and he did. The Denver WR's were not getting any seperation so changing QB's wouldnt of made a difference.

Would you of also benched Russel Wilson in the 4th Q of the 2015 NFC Championship game after throwing his 4thINT and down 19-7?

I don't know what you're trying to argue here

I have no idea why you brought Peyton's performance into this

He played s**t. So what? We won

I think he is trying to say Manning didnt deserve to even play and was lucky Cam player even shitter then Manning did. and that because the Denver D played good Manning deserves no credit.

He might just be this Salty
245EE36000000578-2898419-Incredibly_deceiving_images_of_what_can_easily_be_mistaken_for_m-a-1_1420550422881.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why, but all game the Panthers OFFENSE was gassed. The Panthers D, Broncos D, Broncos O -- were all NOT gassed. But the Panthers O was always limping, hunching, breathing, slow out of the huddle, even emotionally deflected. Don't know if it was that ridiculous no-catch verdict on the challenge at the start of the game, but a team (or unit) needs to be able to let those things go.

So....the morning after a bloody long but fun day here's a reasonably quick photo summary from my little perch inside the NFL ....

We started out the night before at NFL Honors where I got to march the wife down the red carpet. Conan did a pretty decent job hosting and it was a nice night out:

The next morning we arose early to jump on a charter bus to Levi Stadium. Awaiting us was the official NFL Tailgate marquee - the image doesn't quite do the size of that thing justice.

As soon as we got inside - guess who the first person I spotted was:

Eddie everywhere indeed - I also had a quick chat with Luke Darcy as well but couldn't get a "say that again" out of him. He seemed to spend a bit of time waiting for folks to notice him. It was pretty funny, but he was very gracious and a bit overwhelmed by the scale of the event as anyone would be.

Next up was time for Seal who played Tailgate. Not quite sure if he knew what was going on that day. He referred to it as a "football match" several times.

Now this was the absolute highlight of my day - friggin Taco!....and no we are not eskimo brothers.

Pre-Game:

National Anthem:

Half-Time Show:

Both the wife and I are sick with colds so we bailed on the game with two minute to play so we jump on an earlier charter bus back to the hotel. Today, we fly back to LA and I need to start getting stuff together for the Clubs Summit, Combine and Draft. Life never seems to stop @ the NFL.

Enjoy the offseason folks.

Broncos just this year decided to return to their main orange uniform. Don't know if that falls under the "5 year rule" that they can't change. But you'd have to say they should never wear orange again. Won all the lombardi's wearing blue or white. And suffered humiliations when wearing the orange.

Perhaps if they finally get a new uniform update (the actual design) then they can change back to blue as the main color in terms of the "5 year rule".

I don't know why, but all game the Panthers OFFENSE was gassed. The Panthers D, Broncos D, Broncos O -- were all NOT gassed. But the Panthers O was always limping, hunching, breathing, slow out of the huddle, even emotionally deflected. Don't know if it was that ridiculous no-catch verdict on the challenge at the start of the game, but a team (or unit) needs to be able to let those things go.
Too much dabbing

The Broncos D was leaking big yards all game. It's just they came up with a lot of big plays/turnovers. That's what crueled the Panthers. They'd make headway and just never come away with points.

Wouldn't say it was the best defense I've ever seen. Take note the Panthers D was arguably better -- with just as many sacks, turnovers, pressures, hits, as the Broncos D today, they even suffocated the Broncos offense almost entirely out of yardage and downs.

Can't understate that Broncos D and their impact on the Panthers O. I'm a "D guy" and that is one of the best defensive teams I've ever seen.

So you work for the NFL or the Steelers?

The Broncos D was leaking big yards all game. It's just they came up with a lot of big plays/turnovers. That's what crueled the Panthers. They'd make headway and just never come away with points.

Wouldn't say it was the best defense I've ever seen. Take note the Panthers D was arguably better -- with just as many sacks, turnovers, pressures, hits, as the Broncos D today, they even suffocated the Broncos offense almost entirely out of yardage and downs.
I thought the Broncos run game was pretty decent comparatively to other playoff games this year.

Manning arm was a big factor in their offense stalling so often as well as DThomas being invisible.

I thought the Broncos run game was pretty decent comparatively to other playoff games this year.

Manning arm was a big factor in their offense stalling so often as well as DThomas being invisible.
Norman killed Thomas.
CJ Anderson was a beast.
Manning made a number of clutch throws.
But it's interesting that a few things/moments could of so easily turned that game into a Panthers win and Ealy MVP instead. The Panthers O blundered so many times -- not the turnovers as such, but Newton errant passes, or the Tackles outplayed by their counterparts, receivers dropping so many catchable passes. Thought Shula did an admirable enough job to have gotten his team over the line. Phillips obviously was a mastermind, but the Broncos players really put in today, their front seven executed almost with fail thruout the game. The real stars of the Broncos was their entire front seven today.

Back