AE 2010 - AE Spread Games Poll

Remove this Banner Ad

The elected vote choice for the FOURTH GAME for the AE10 season has been determined, the SPREAD GAMES are IN!!

ae10pollspreadgames.jpg

However, the AE09 reigning champ, Clash Hendrix, suggests
a greater challenge with the inclusion of the game under/overs be included.

I would make one change though. For the Spread tipping, I would also include the Over/Under for each of the 5 chosen games of the week. If a tipster gets either the Spread or the Over/Under correct for a given game they score 1 point. But if they get both the Spread and Over/Under correct for the one game, they score 3 points. Makes it a little more dynamic.

So the Option Vote is simple.

Dynamic: Spread Plus Under/Overs: 1 point awarded for each of either correct prediction of the SPREAD or the Unders/Overs outcome OR 3 points awarded for both correct outcomes

Max points in one week = 15 pts

Straight Up: Team Spread: 1 point awarded for each correct game spread prediction.

Max points in one week = 5 pts.

Spread Games Poll concludes Fourth of July. In the event of a tie... 2 games will be deemed Dynamic and 3 will be straight up.

Re: AE10 Spread Games Poll

Sorry for making what could be a very stupid question, but i'm just used to overs/unders. I thought the spread is the over/under amount??

Just to clarify.. in case someone else was thinking like you TGBB.

SPREAD means a handicap score number given to a team favourite to beat.

ie: Super Bowl XLIV Indianapolis were -6.5 pt favs meaning the SPREAD they had to cover was by 7 points or more whereas the underdogs, New Orleans could lose (not that it happened) and still beat the +6.5 point give.

So in summary, the SPREAD is more about the number of (handicap) points that the favourite has to BEAT/ Cover.

Unders & Overs are simply Unders & Overs. :p

Just to clarify.. in case someone else was thinking like you TGBB.

SPREAD means a handicap score number given to a team favourite to beat.

ie: Super Bowl XLIV Indianapolis were -6.5 pt favs meaning the SPREAD they had to cover was by 7 points or more whereas the underdogs, New Orleans could lose (not that it happened) and still beat the +6.5 point give.

So in summary, the SPREAD is more about the number of (handicap) points that the favourite has to BEAT/ Cover.

Unders & Overs are simply Unders & Overs. :p

Don't know what I was thinking there Woody. Was thinking overs/unders as either -6.5 or +6.5 even though every year I play (and lose) spread and total pts scored i.e overs/unders. I've even posted my tips on here!!!Sheesh!!!

Don't know what I was thinking there Woody. Was thinking overs/unders as either -6.5 or +6.5 even though every year I play (and lose) spread and total pts scored i.e overs/unders. I've even posted my tips on here!!!Sheesh!!!

Just a matter of your wording really. But you're on the right track. Just learn to say 'COVER' the spread (referring to fav) otherwise they (favs) 'failed to cover spread'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back