Roast 2014 Comical commentary thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at the GWS game so thankfully spared the TV commentary, however I watched the replay today and was amused to hear Dwayne going on and on in the last quarter about what an epic win this would be for the Giants, only problem was we were 6 points up at the time :rolleyes:

Watching the Pre Game (though I doubt you can call it that) and there has been no analysis about the game tonight. 45 minutes and it's all just rubbish!

Though it did give me the chance to try a new drinking game. Every time Gerrrrrad Healy says Err, I take a drink. This will not end well for my liver...

Watching the Pre Game (though I doubt you can call it that) and there has been no analysis about the game tonight. 45 minutes and it's all just rubbish!

Though it did give me the chance to try a new drinking game. Every time Gerrrrrad Healy says Err, I take a drink. This will not end well for my liver...

You could go with everytime Bruce says "The next goal is important wouldn't you think?"... Still gets the alcohol juices flowing but not as damaging as your one...

Bruce was in fine form tonight. "Carlton are right in this don't you think?"

The barracking for Judd was pathetic to listen to. Almost as bad as the umpires were tonight. Why can't we just get commentators who just call the game, as opposed to "experts" like Carey and Riccuito who have the personality of a well used door knob?

Bruce was in fine form tonight. "Carlton are right in this don't you think?"

The barracking for Judd was pathetic to listen to. Almost as bad as the umpires were tonight. Why can't we just get commentators who just call the game, as opposed to "experts" like Carey and Riccuito who have the personality of a well used door knob?

Well, with Carey & Ricciuto, at least you got the "knob" part right!

You could probably add a few more to that group, too!!!

Was interesting that Leigh and Dennis were all over the free kick count and the numerous in the back frees that Bruest should've received last night. It's like they knew that Carlton would be getting the rub of the green.

Bruce was at his best again with his jizz fest over Judd and Rioli.

I love hearing about 1-out marking contests.

Basil Zempilas is awesome for it: "Player X, 1-out in the square with Player Y, a pack forms around them and a big spoil by Player Z."

Exactly what does '1-out' mean to you, Basil? By default, no other person can be present or affect a spoil if a player is '1-out' with only one other. It's a big part of why that particular contest is referred to as being 1-out...

I am getting old, but I am sure Brian "Too few brain cells" Taylor said, and I quote. "And, on the hill we have the standing room seats. This was in the first quarter, not when he was going on about the pram. There is not one really good commentator. IMO, Hudson is streets ahead of the others.

I am getting old, but I am sure Brian "Too few brain cells" Taylor said, and I quote. "And, on the hill we have the standing room seats. This was in the first quarter, not when he was going on about the pram. There is not one really good commentator. IMO, Hudson is streets ahead of the others.
Agreed, Hudson is the best of a bad lot, though he can sometimes be brought down depending on who commentates with him.

Did anyone else find Dennis' call about Rioli, and the way he was banging on about "Just rub him out!" a bit odd?

Some of the commentating in the Geelong game was head shakingly bad. "Gee you only usually see that on SBS after 9:30"

Also, is it just me that finds the self love on Fox Footy nauseating? The "Greatest Channel on Earth" is such a poor line, given that it's the only dedicated AFL channel...

Yes, I thought that was off about Dennis as well. I'm glad Bruce seemed so disappointed, which caused Den to retract it! Say what you will about Bruce, but he's very good natured in his call.

Hudson is definitely the best of the lot. He is so surprisingly impartial during his call that I was astonished to discover that he was a massive Geelong fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would it be possible for Gerard Healy to learn the correct way to pronounce players names? All of last year he pronounced Breust incorrectly and on Saturday he was pronouncing Schoenmakers as if it has a silent 's' on the end of it :confused:

Finally figured out where the extra S went.

During On the Couch it was "Chips" Frawley.

The Healy principle: S's can neither be created nor destroyed, only moved from name to name.

I noticed that about Gerard as well, was pissing me off. But almost as good was the comforting Gerard-factoid in the pre-game that Lake had played two matches in the VFL!

How great was it seeing haw/coll on fox this weekend gone?

A delight. And HD.

Not afl but anyone hear the British wc commentator who said 'the Iranian players like to put their christian names on their shirts'. Said it twice. Bit of a wtf moment.

The Showdown is proving quite educational.

Did you know that the Adelaide Oval is the centre of the universe, and Taylor Walker is the king?

The Hamish/Basil double show in the Hawthorn vs Gold Coast game was the worst commentary of all time. In this universe, all parallel ones, and everywhere in between. The guys are a disgrace to the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back