2014 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Include Tomlinson in that forward line.....if they're not getting regular games ...Clubs with room to move in salary will come knocking.

Plus McCarthy. I have no doubt the GWS pick these strong KP talents for trade value down the track should young players leave. They cant give them all big contracts and the #1/#2 role in the forward line. All the lions would have to do is get one to agree to a trade and the GWS would be stupid not to trade whilst they are contracted

Still...wait and see how this years forwards go

Plus McCarthy. I have no doubt the GWS pick these strong KP talents for trade value down the track should young players leave. They cant give them all big contracts and the #1/#2 role in the forward line. All the lions would have to do is get one to agree to a trade and the GWS would be stupid not to trade whilst they are contracted

Not sure about Mccarthey and tomlinson, l think leppa will go with trying to draft one. l have heard before that mccarthey isnt the number 1 power forward that we are looking for and l am not sure tomlinson has been playing forward for gws (not sure about this one)

Not sure about Mccarthey and tomlinson, l think leppa will go with trying to draft one. l have heard before that mccarthey isnt the number 1 power forward that we are looking for and l am not sure tomlinson has been playing forward for gws (not sure about this one)

Yep...I would pass on both too. But they are still 2 talls they need to fit into their team which makes it hard to squeeze all in. Coming to the Lions and being the #1 forward could be appealing for one of the other 3

I understand the AFL are stingy when handing out priority picks now but if we were, god forbid, to go without winning a game then we would be handed a priority pick at least at the end of the first round.

Yeah...If the Suns lose both Bennell & Nicholls, (both have put contract talks on hold), to the go home factor....wonder what the AFL may put in place to stop raids from Southern States and how it will protect its teams in QLD so it can grow their brand...

His form is all over the place. Worth a crack but I wouldnt pay over the top for him. Better opportunities would be the thing that gets him. Cunningham I would pay big for though

Exactly....Point, North have a few players of similiar ilk teams will have a crack at......Greenwood is south oz

Last edited:
Yeah...If the Suns lose both Bennell & Nicholls, (both have put contract talks on hold), to the go home factor....wonder what the AFL may put in place to stop raids from Southern States and how it will protect its teams in QLD so it can grow their brand...

National Draft Players should be excluded from PSD/draft for 5 years unless a team doesnt match a contract or something similiar.

I thought there was speculation at draft time GWS were looking at McCarthy as a CHB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaksch is out of contract I think. Could be a handy pick up I think He can at either end and isn't getting games would we look him.

Everything I've heard indicates he'd be eyeing a return to Victoria if he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought there was speculation at draft time GWS were looking at McCarthy as a CHB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's where they've been playing him in the reserves.

But Clarke is our future CHB. doubts we would go after Gibbs if he leaves Carlton it would to go home to Port or Adelaide. Frawley would be good but.
Clarke is our future CHB, but imagine having Frawley, Merrett & Staker rotating through the forwardline to help Brown and also gives the team two options up forward to kick to.

Wy would Frawley leave Melbourne to play for an equally troubled club in a different state?

Money isn't a satisfactory answer to that question.

Ok I'll add 2/3 of an lol to your money and end up with....Moloney........I'm not aware that we are even mentioned in despatches as one of the clubs chasing his services..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back