Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'd go well for the Dees, and covers your gap between Jamar and Gawn.

As far as "cheaply", if Melbourne give him a contract he's happy with, I'd be happy to trade him to MFC for a signed Jack Watts shirt.

You really don't think he'd have any trade value? I'd definitely be happy with Giles on our list

You really don't think he'd have any trade value? I'd definitely be happy with Giles on our list

I think he'll have trade value, but I also think we owe him, for him playing his guts out in the hard early years, and then getting replaced with a high-dollar free agent as he came good.

Theres also the fact that he's probably on ~200k from his last contract, and clearing that cap room would be handy.

We'll trade him for pick #48, or something else irrelevant.

I think he'll have trade value, but I also think we owe him, for him playing his guts out in the hard early years, and then getting replaced with a high-dollar free agent as he came good.

Theres also the fact that he's probably on ~200k from his last contract, and clearing that cap room would be handy.

We'll trade him for pick #48, or something else irrelevant.
IanW you'd never cut it as a real list manager - you're far too reasonable.

IanW you'd never cut it as a real list manager - you're far too reasonable.

GWS doesnt need draft picks - it needs cap space. This is a cap dump, because the ~200k Giles is getting paid is too much for a NEAFL ruckman, when we have Lobbe, Downie and Phillips on minimum wage.

GWS doesnt need draft picks - it needs cap space. This is a cap dump, because the ~200k Giles is getting paid is too much for a NEAFL ruckman, when we have Lobbe, Downie and Phillips on minimum wage.

Sounds like the AFL needs to implement some sort of Draft Picks for Cap Space scheme.

Did you notice how Collingwood are paying part of Heath Shaw's salary *looks innocent*

No. Are they really?

Should be easy for us to do a deal with you guys then. If there's one thing we have in abundance, it's cap space. Or two things, and the other is spuds. You're welcome to both for Treloar, Shiel and Tomlinson.

No. Are they really?

Should be easy for us to do a deal with you guys then. If there's one thing we have in abundance, it's cap space. Or two things, and the other is spuds. You're welcome to both for Treloar, Shiel and Tomlinson.

The Shaw deal involved Taylor Adams to Collingwood, and Heath Shaw going to GWS, with Collingwood continuing to pay for part of his salary.

Problem is, for the cap space to be tradeable under the AFL's rules, it involves a player going the other way, with his old club paying for part of his salary.

The only player that could fit that is Frawley, as Mr Nathan Jones is presumably untouchable.

The Shaw deal involved Taylor Adams to Collingwood, and Heath Shaw going to GWS, with Collingwood continuing to pay for part of his salary.

Problem is, for the cap space to be tradeable under the AFL's rules, it involves a player going the other way, with his old club paying for part of his salary.

The only player that could fit that is Frawley, as Mr Nathan Jones is presumably untouchable.

I'm sure we could work something out. We'll give you Evans on a big contract, and he in turn can pay Coniglio's, Ward's, Mumford's rent every month and also wash the training shirts, bibs, boots and so forth. It's Win-Win TM.

I'm sure we could work something out. We'll give you Evans on a big contract, and he in turn can pay Coniglio's, Ward's, Mumford's rent every month and also wash the training shirts, bibs, boots and so forth. It's Win-Win TM.

After the way the AFL charged us cap room for sharking a recruiter off the Swans, I dont want to sail too close to the rules :)

PS Sign Scully Senior. He's good at what he does.

100% agree about that destination for Blease.

At least that way he will be playing for a team that doesn't require him to be the opposite player to the reason we drafted him. I know a lot of posters on here love towing the company line and I get pasted for standing up for him, but I still don't agree with how he was treated. "Doesn't do the defensive things" was the biggest cop out. Especially when he was kicking goals in a side that only kicked 5 a game and he wasn't not doing 'the defensive things' any more than anyone else anyway. He became a scapegoat and it was clear from an early stage that Roos didn't like the cut of his jib. I'm ranting I know but I'm glad he's doing what I said he should do and ask for a trade. Even when he did what was 'required' for us, he'd get dropped. No use hanging around when that's going on. He has weapons that other players don't have so I'd be surprised if he doesn't get picked up.

Not every player needs to be a dour, defensive, stop-the-game drone. Every team still needs someone that can break a line 'take the game on' (DING!) and get himself on the scoresheet more often than not. I rarely say this about ex-dees but I hope he absolutely kills it somewhere else.

Sam blease is lucky he ever made it onto an afl List

He has speed

Then nothing

Literally has one move which is to run fast in a straight line
He was a track an field athlete

A bloke with his speed should have been untouchable in the VFL and should have got 40 per game

He was a joke footballer and deserves to be running laps at a country town fair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot the rainbow
In all seriousness though Adelaide aren't going to let Dangerfield go. They'll back themselves to hang on to him next year and they're not going to trade him a year early and compromise their chance of making finals in 2015. No incoming coach would ever willingly trade their best player.

In all seriousness though Adelaide aren't going to let Dangerfield go. They'll back themselves to hang on to him next year and they're not going to trade him a year early and compromise their chance of making finals in 2015. No incoming coach would ever willingly trade their best player.

Unless he's pissed with the Sando thingo and wants out.

You can quote this post in 2025 but if he does leave next year the crows will be complaining about the compo

By 2025 teams will be trading out these guys who are entering the final year of a contract

Think how good 2+3 sounds compared to a compo pick of say 8-12 next year

Do it
Quote it in 2025

I'd smash s**t if we gave up 2/3 for one player - no matter how good - and didn't at least get a sub-20 pick/reasonable player back OR had signed a quality free agent elsewhere. I know we're rancid at drafting but we're also horrible at keeping players from falling in a hole after joining us so I'd rather not put all my eggs in one basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back