2014 non Freo games

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it's definitely a slippery slope, and I don't disagree, but, he's a footy coach, not a biochemist. Plus, Dank potentially could have been giving them substances of self serving means. If players perform better fitness wise it probably means more money for him either in bonuses and/or future contracts. At the end of the day, Hird would be pushing the proverbial up a hill trying to fight EFC in court. But it is possible (not likely though) that he thought everything was legit and above board.

He wanted everything to be above board, he believes everything was above board.

Essendon cannot logically at this point sack him on the basis of anything other than him appealing when the club isn't.

He wanted everything to be above board, he believes everything was above board.

Essendon cannot logically at this point sack him on the basis of anything other than him appealing when the club isn't.

Yeah, I must admit I don't know why it would be assumed that he must be sacked simply because he's appealing in his own right. Unless he starts litigating against the club itself, I don't see the strict necessity as such.

Having said that, It would seem that Hird is not doing the club any favours with all this fiasco. I can understand that he feels he may have been hard done by, but there comes a point where you just take your medicine and move on - if he's genuinely clean in all this, then ASADA will not have grounds to act against him and possibly even the players (though the latter looks unlikely). If he rides this out as Little appears to be letting him do, backing him all the way to this point etc., in a couple of years time the board and probably everybody else wont care about supplement scandals etc., it will simply be on how well he's coaching the players.

I'm getting really pissed off now.
CONFIRMATION

Seven players have been nominated under the Club Academies Rule for the NAB AFL Trade Bidding Meeting to be held on Monday October 6

SYDNEY
Isaac Heeney (top 5 draft pick apparently)
Abe Davis
Jack Hiscox

Sydney academy player, Jack Hiscox has today smashed GWS midfielder, Josh Kelly's 3km time trial record by 19 seconds, running 9min 18sec to round out the final day of the National Draft Combine at Etihad Stadium.

I'm getting really pissed off now.
CONFIRMATION

Seven players have been nominated under the Club Academies Rule for the NAB AFL Trade Bidding Meeting to be held on Monday October 6

SYDNEY
Isaac Heeney (top 5 draft pick apparently)
Abe Davis
Jack Hiscox

Sydney academy player, Jack Hiscox has today smashed GWS midfielder, Josh Kelly's 3km time trial record by 19 seconds, running 9min 18sec to round out the final day of the National Draft Combine at Etihad Stadium.

What is your point ? Daniel Bandy was a running machine, so was Sam Menegola, James Walker was a brilliant runner, doesn't mean jack if you can't get the ball, dispose of it well and have a heart.

What is your point ? Daniel Bandy was a running machine, so was Sam Menegola, James Walker was a brilliant runner, doesn't mean jack if you can't get the ball, dispose of it well and have a heart.
He's good enough for them to want to take , so they will possibly get a draft advantage on three of their draft picks.Not sure what your point is either, for all you know he might be very good.

He's good enough for them to want to take , so they will possibly get a draft advantage on three of their draft picks.Not sure what your point is either, for all you know he might be very good.

You've highlighted a running stat record as if that will make him a gun player, obviously him being a Swans academy player means Sydney can get him cheap but that doesn't make him a star. He might end up a good player or he might spend 2 years on a list and get the chop. Heeney is another issue but they're the rules we have.

Have a look at some of these names that have set records at the combine, some great names surrounded by some average ones. Even the kicking efficiency has some blokes that didn't get drafted, it is a complete package that makes a player. I'd rather our recruiters watch 100 games of footy and decide on who to pick than pick a bloke who did well at the combine.

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/afl/testing-draft-results.htm

You've highlighted a running stat record as if that will make him a gun player, obviously him being a Swans academy player means Sydney can get him cheap but that doesn't make him a star. He might end up a good player or he might spend 2 years on a list and get the chop. Heeney is another issue but they're the rules we have.

Have a look at some of these names that have set records at the combine, some great names surrounded by some average ones. Even the kicking efficiency has some blokes that didn't get drafted, it is a complete package that makes a player. I'd rather our recruiters watch 100 games of footy and decide on who to pick than pick a bloke who did well at the combine.

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/afl/testing-draft-results.htm
`

I think you've completely missed apuchar s point. He's not saying that just because he has a record time trial that he will automatically be a great player.

But the bottom line is, again Sydney have an unfair advantage over the rest of the competition by being able to select these academy players for unders.

`

I think you've completely missed apuchar s point. He's not saying that just because he has a record time trial that he will automatically be a great player.

But the bottom line is, again Sydney have an unfair advantage over the rest of the competition by being able to select these academy players for unders.

If that was his point he may need to highlight all the players, especially Heeney. And the academy players for the other clubs too.

If that was his point he may need to highlight all the players, especially Heeney. And the academy players for the other clubs too.
i did point out that Heeney was rated as a top 5 draft pick and they would get Abe Davey and possibly this new kid we didn't know about (the elite runner) as well, all with a possible and sizable trade advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back