2014 non Freo games

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JL should come out retirement next game, surely can't do any worse than Carbattery.

Did he remind you of anybody tonight ?

Did he remind you of anybody tonight ?

1. How intensely interested was the crowd?
2. Was a massive fan of Reid as a bowler when I was a kid, but man that was some shitful batting.
3. Couldn't anyone in the Aussie dressing room offer the man a decent sized bat?

1. How intensely interested was the crowd?
2. Was a massive fan of Reid as a bowler when I was a kid, but man that was some shitful batting.
3. Couldn't anyone in the Aussie dressing room offer the man a decent sized bat?
I don't think even the half a tree they use for bats in today's game would have helped Bruce Reid.

I used to play indoor cricket at the centre he owned in Malaga. Faced him once. * me.

I genuinely think Newman has learned his lesson. You could tell that Cousins, Kerr etc would repeat offend.
how has he learnt a lesson?
he is still a wc player? :p

I don't think even the half a tree they use for bats in today's game would have helped Bruce Reid.

I used to play indoor cricket at the centre he owned in Malaga. Faced him once. **** me.
Effing lol @ that over from Reidy.. we use to give him heaps of sh*t for it at the indoor cricket centre.

Then he would come on to bowl once in a blue moon and i wished we didnt :cool:

I used to play indoor cricket at the centre he owned in Malaga. Faced him once. **** me.
Is that the Ballajura sports centre? That's where I played netball!

Effing lol @ that over from Reidy.. we use to give him heaps of sh*t for it at the indoor cricket centre.

Faced him a couple of times in the old farts masters comp.Dont think I laid bat on ball.Thank **ck there was no LBW rule or I would have been out every ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Faced him a couple of times in the old farts masters comp.Dont think I laid bat on ball.Thank **ck there was no LBW rule or I would have been out every ball.

He'd come off two steps and you'd hear the ball " fizz " by you as soon as you saw it leave his hand. You'd be relieved if you heard the " fizz " because it meant the ball wasn't slamming into your ribs or inner thigh and anyone who's played cricket knows, the inner thigh is the most painful spot to be hit.

After that other spot, of course.

Is that the Ballajura sports centre? That's where I played netball!
Yep. I played indoor there for years. I also played mixed netball there and fair dinkum, I've played footy games tamer than mixed netball. It's all elbows and kidney punches. Quite enjoyable actually. Licence to hip and shoulder a bloke into the wall and plead ignorance 'cause " I don't know the rules. Sorry ump. "

Also played when he owned " Bruce Reid's " where the Mitre 10 is now on Alexander Dve.

Yep. I played indoor there for years. I also played mixed netball there and fair dinkum, I've played footy games tamer than mixed netball. It's all elbows and kidney punches. Quite enjoyable actually. Licence to hip and shoulder a bloke into the wall and plead ignorance 'cause " I don't know the rules. Sorry ump. "

Also played when he owned " Bruce Reid's " where the Mitre 10 is now on Alexander Dve.
I got knocked out by a shirtfront playing indoor cricket. Ran onto the pitch area to field a ball and went to throw down the stumps and the batsmen ran through me. I woke up being carried out of the net with fractured ribs. Really hurt when I sobered up.

It's hard to describe but the funniest thing I ever seen playing basketball was my mate's old man (not the biggest bloke) standing dead still arms tucked in and everything, just get shirtfronted by this massive guy running into him in front of the basket in weird kind of one on one fast break with no one else near them. Fractured his ribs.. the bloke I'm sure didn't mean to hurt him just expected him to well.. get out of the way or I dunno do something.. The best bit was he didn't even get the charging foul, the foul was on him! Probably one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen on a sporting field lol.

Bruce Reid has better Test batting average than Rob Quiney hahaha.
Bruce Reid has a better Test batting average than all of us.:p
I got knocked out by a shirtfront playing indoor cricket. Ran onto the pitch area to field a ball and went to throw down the stumps and the batsmen ran through me. I woke up being carried out of the net with fractured ribs. Really hurt when I sobered up.
That's what I loved about indoor cricket. It was a night out with your mates, on the piss, with a bit of cricket thrown in.We used to punch down a heap of cones before we played. Helped us get in the " zone ".

Worst injury I ever saw was at the old Drake St centre behind Hungry Jacks in Morley. The two courts shared a common net. There was no space between them like you have in centres nowadays. Imagine two simultaneous games where each bowler runs in at the same time, the two batsmen hit the ball at the same time to the same part of the net and the two fielders jump into the same part of the net to field the ball. Knocked each other out cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back