News 2015 Adelaide Crows BLK apparel

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad I'm not the only one. The blue filling near the neck followed by the red and yellow gives a weird gradient effect that clashes something horrific with the bland white bottom. Would have much preferred a three-stripe V, each with the same thickness, and all else white. Personal preference, anyway.

I agree. I think the blue part is too big and makes the top part look way too heavy.

Dogs have two, white and red.
I wouldn't mind us doing that. The club clearly loves the merch money (hence changing clashes every 2 years), so having 3 guernseys on the go would mean even more potential sales. Have a yellow one as our preference, and in the very rare occasion that mainly yellow still causes a clash, then we go to white.

For reference of popular style, which clubs do people think have the best away strips?
Brisbane's red one, Bulldogs' red one, Carlton, Melbourne, West Coast (both of theirs) and North Melbourne (looks better than their home strip.)

There's a Dave Chappelle joke that mentions something about a man starving on a dessert island and coming across a box of crackers - Because he's so hungry, the crackers are the best thing he has ever eaten - When he gets rescued, and returns home, the crackers are no longer so appealing... (he then goes to make an analogy with women... but I digress)

My point, I think, is that after dealing with Swooping Raptor and Murder of Crows, the SANFL jumper seems like a pretty good damn box of crackers at the moment!

I think the most important thing here is, to know that it's an Eddie Murphy joke.

Last edited:
I think I remember earlier in the thread something along the lines of why do we have trouble keeping apparel sponsor. Anyway was reading the footy industry board and came across this article http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/guernsey-sales-and-top-selling-number/story-fndv7pj3-1227034274337 which is just Rebel Sports sales and anyway we are apparently 5th for jumper sales. So it looks like our stuff sells well.

I'm not sure we "have trouble" keeping them. I'd be pretty certain we just like changing them regularly so that hopefully everyone with the old brand feels out of date and needs to update. The absolute longest a guernsey has been current for us recently is 3 years, the Reebok years.

A new away jumper is a must. the current one is horrible. enough of this modern day crap americanised designs. a need a traditional away strip. all white with a similar design as the SANFL strip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure we "have trouble" keeping them. I'd be pretty certain we just like changing them regularly so that hopefully everyone with the old brand feels out of date and needs to update. The absolute longest a guernsey has been current for us recently is 3 years, the Reebok years.

That's the long and the short of it; football clubs in Europe do almost exactly the same thing, except they will often stay with a manufacturer for longer because they have greater scope to change their strip - shirt front sponsors are vastly more prominent, home shirts have the same room for adjustment while retaining the colours and general layout, and away shirts can change wildly in design and colours from year to year, plus the whole thing about player names and more frequent movement between clubs.

I wouldn't mind us doing that. The club clearly loves the merch money (hence changing clashes every 2 years), so having 3 guernseys on the go would mean even more potential sales. Have a yellow one as our preference, and in the very rare occasion that mainly yellow still causes a clash, then we go to white.
Trigg told us the AFL would allow us wear the home jumper more often at away games if we made our away jumper white, which is why we ditched the clash strip.

Since adopting the white away jumper, we now wear the home strip at less away games than we ever have in our history.

I hope the first thing Fagan does is make the white jumper a clash strip only, and bring back a new away jumper. The heritage round jumper we wore a few years ago in the mold of the ancient state jersey seems to be popular, and it's predominantly yellow which minimizes clashes with most sides.

We also tend to get suppliers who then decide to pull out of the AFL market

Adidas pulled out of the AFL market (bar Collingwood) at the end of 2000 (Crows change to Fila)
Fila pulled out the AFL market in 2002 (Crows changed to Russell Athletic)
Russell Athletic pulled out of the AFL market (bar Brisbane) in 2005 (Crows change to Adidas) - Russell pulled out completely in 2006
Adidas-Reebok is the exception to this rule
Reebok pulled out the of the AFL market (again) in 2012 (Crows change to Puma)

So this will be the second time the supplier change is not because our supplier is leaving the AFL market altogether.

Since adopting the white away jumper, we now wear the home strip at less away games than we ever have in our history.
before the introduction of clash/away jumpers yes, but not since. The wearing of our home jumper away now is assigned to 3 games basically and based on a ligh/dark formula. Geelong away, North away and Sydney away due to the amount of white in their strip that gives them a light 'look'. Geelong and North are often forced by the AFL to wear white shorts in their home games. It's why we had that farcical situation where Carlton had to send a steward to go and get navy shorts as the 'away' team after both teams were on the ground wearing white.

That's the New Era caps. They do that "black" version for every team. They have about 3 different ones for each team. We have a blue cap with red bill, red cap with blue bill and the black and white one.

If they sold the New Era cap with the old logo on it I'd buy it in a heartbeat... with the logo the way it is I may as well buy a baltimore ravens one :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back