2015 Draft, Trades and Free Agency rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

As s**t as it would be for the Suns, it'd create a genuine rivalry between the Suns and Lions. One of actual distaste and anger, rather than the lovey-dovey brotherly relationship at the moment.
That's true, it would probably create a good rivalry and get the fans into more too. Freo and Eagles usually have good close games no matter the ladder position just because of the rilvalry. Hopefully it does happen haha. Freo are apparently going hard at Dixon though, so we'll see.

I would be incredibly surprised if either Carlisle or Dixon walked to the PSD.

Clubs really aren't in the business of screwing eachother over and if Carlton & Brisbane were to go down that path it would be open season on their lists for the 16 other clubs.

Clubs really aren't in the business of screwing eachother over and if Carlton & Brisbane were to go down that path it would be open season on their lists for the 16 other clubs.
Clubs already see Brisbane like that so not much would change other then Dixon for Nothing;):)

AFL clubs aren't in the business of making other teams better, it's their responsibility to make their own team as good as possible.

They should try and get those players in the PSD.
I think you'll find clubs are far more cooperative & less combative off the field these days.

An unholy alliance of sorts.

Clubs already see Brisbane like that so not much would change other then Dixon for Nothing;):)
Yeah I could understand Brisbane almost feeling as though it was in their rights to pinch Dixon.
It certainly seems like Lepitch is lining up to play the 'poor us' card...

That's true, it would probably create a good rivalry and get the fans into more too. Freo and Eagles usually have good close games no matter the ladder position just because of the rilvalry. Hopefully it does happen haha. Freo are apparently going hard at Dixon though, so we'll see.
I'd say Freo are keener on getting McCarthy back as he is from WA more than they are chasing Dixon. I don't know what kind of deal would be needed to get McCarthy to the club but it would definitely involve our first pick plus something else I would have thought

I agree with you.

But then again, we could open pandora's box... how many players do we have that other teams would want to raid? ;):cry:

I'd say Freo are keener on getting McCarthy back as he is from WA more than they are chasing Dixon. I don't know what kind of deal would be needed to get McCarthy to the club but it would definitely involve our first pick plus something else I would have thought
Basically as he is contracted the deal would be very very very favorable to the giants. Plus i havent heard anything about sunshine wanting to go back, besides the one comment made on radio after funnily enough it was brought up on BF. Coincidence?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Basically as he is contracted the deal would be very very very favorable to the giants. Plus i havent heard anything about sunshine wanting to go back, besides the one comment made on radio after funnily enough it was brought up on BF. Coincidence?

I haven't heard anything it just kind of seems to be linked to Freo straight away when there is a young KPP especially if they are from WA. Also with the fact that he was a big Freo supporter prior to being drafted. I think the connection of coming back to his home state added with playing for the team he supported plus the opportunity he would receive at Freo opposed to more competition for a spot in the forward line at GWS. Having him with Taberner and Apeness for the future would give us a few options moving forward with life after Pav retires.

As you say though it would cost us a fair bit in a trade but if he says he wants to go home then I'm sure GWS will do what they can to get him home, at the end of the day no one really wants to force someone to stay at the club, not these days anyway.

I haven't heard anything it just kind of seems to be linked to Freo straight away when there is a young KPP especially if they are from WA. Also with the fact that he was a big Freo supporter prior to being drafted. I think the connection of coming back to his home state added with playing for the team he supported plus the opportunity he would receive at Freo opposed to more competition for a spot in the forward line at GWS. Having him with Taberner and Apeness for the future would give us a few options moving forward with life after Pav retires.

As you say though it would cost us a fair bit in a trade but if he says he wants to go home then I'm sure GWS will do what they can to get him home, at the end of the day no one really wants to force someone to stay at the club, not these days anyway.
We havent stood in the way of anyone before wanting to go to a club.
But yep it would cost freo allot. And it would hurt the Giants. Sunshine is extremely popular with the fans especially the kids.

We havent stood in the way of anyone before wanting to go to a club.
But yep it would cost freo allot. And it would hurt the Giants. Sunshine is extremely popular with the fans especially the kids.

I just don't understand why he isn't getting a game at the moment. That's without Patton playing so what happens when Patton returns? there wont be a spot for Patton, McCarthy, Stewart, Cameron and Lobb, on top of that you have Tomlinson also.

I'm hoping that he can see more opportunities at Freo and want to come home.

Shut up you pompous flog.

He said "seeing as he's contracted until the end of next year he would elicit a similar trade to Beams (who was out of contract when he was traded).

Fair call. If a club wants to acquire an in-demand contracted player then they will have to pay overs.
before calling people flogs make sure you're not one yourself, beams was contracted and there is no way in the world Prestia has the same value contracted that beams did, a pick between 3-6 is more then adequate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't understand why he isn't getting a game at the moment. That's without Patton playing so what happens when Patton returns? there wont be a spot for Patton, McCarthy, Stewart, Cameron and Lobb, on top of that you have Tomlinson also.

I'm hoping that he can see more opportunities at Freo and want to come home.
Its simple. He is being managed.
Despite his success in the 1st half of the year its still only year 1 for him.
Just to add he has only missed last weeks game and now this week. Hardly struggling to get a game....

Tomlinson is playing down back.
No disrespect to stewart but he is behind Jezza, General and Sunshine. Lobb seems to be developing in the ruck more.
So plenty of room and opportunity for a little bit of Sunshine

Its simple. He is being managed.
Despite his success in the 1st half of the year its still only year 1 for him.
Just to add he has only missed last weeks game and now this week. Hardly struggling to get a game....

He did play in the NEAFL last week though didn't he? if he was being managed then he would not pay at all.

Yeah umm Neafl is pretty um poor (with respect to the opposition).
Playing in the magoos IS having a break while still having a bit of a kick.

Lol yeah fair point. Anyway at some stage Freo is going to have to pay overs to get a KPF as they have not grabbed one at the draft table so this year it is going to have to happen. They will get a KPF from somewhere whether its Black from North, Dixon from GCS or McCarthy from GWS it will happen this year I feel. They don't have a choice as Pav probably wont be around next year. I have ha feeling that thye may well dangle a big deal in McCarthy's face as he is from WA and its much easier to get him back than lure someone like Dixon across.

Lol yeah fair point. Anyway at some stage Freo is going to have to pay overs to get a KPF as they have not grabbed one at the draft table so this year it is going to have to happen. They will get a KPF from somewhere whether its Black from North, Dixon from GCS or McCarthy from GWS it will happen this year I feel. They don't have a choice as Pav probably wont be around next year. I have ha feeling that thye may well dangle a big deal in McCarthy's face as he is from WA and its much easier to get him back than lure someone like Dixon across.
Im not saying it wont happen.
Throw a grandfather deal at him and satisfy us at the trade table and he will have no choice especially heading home.

But it would take one hell of a deal

You'd imagine Brisbane wouldn't give a * after the raids on their list. It's not going to get worse so may as well get one back.

Im not saying it wont happen.
Throw a grandfather deal at him and satisfy us at the trade table and he will have no choice especially heading home.

But it would take one hell of a deal

Yep. It will be an interesting off season for Freo. That trade could keep us in the hunt for next years premiership.

so explain to me why then? what has he achieved in his career to date to suggest otherwise?.
Why do you need persistent explanation? I agree with you about his worth, but once again, any player who is under contract but he being courted by other clubs have historically always been traded for more than their perceived OOC worth.

The Suns aren't going to roll over and trade him away for an early first round draft pick. Look at what they did to Gorringe and Caddy. Flat out refused to trade them due to contract, then they lost Caddy a year later for less than they'd have got if they had just traded him a year early. Similarly, they had offers for Gorringe but refused and he's now looking at being delisted completely. Probably stupid on the club's part, but they've never lost a player they've wanted to keep mid-contract. Ever.

The Suns aren't going to trade him easily due to his contract.

Contract.

Understand now?

Why do you need persistent explanation? I agree with you about his worth, but once again, any player who is under contract but he being courted by other clubs have historically always been traded for more than their perceived OOC worth.

The Suns aren't going to roll over and trade him away for an early first round draft pick. Look at what they did to Gorringe and Caddy. Flat out refused to trade them due to contract, then they lost Caddy a year later for less than they'd have got if they had just traded him a year early. Similarly, they had offers for Gorringe but refused and he's now looking at being delisted completely. Probably stupid on the club's part, but they've never lost a player they've wanted to keep mid-contract. Ever.

The Suns aren't going to trade him easily due to his contract.

Contract.

Understand now?
you act like I can't understand things, let me make this clear if your club is stupid enough to keep players against their will then use will become a basket case. I'm sure your club would rather have say pick 4 this year then watch him potentially walk out next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back