2015 Draft, Trades and Free Agency rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Having a dig at Beams for "substances" when it is well known that Swanny and Co at the pies enjoy an 8 Ball every second weekend or so.

Again, I wasn't having a dig at Beams.

Context is this, TheBrownDog said, these guys (Thomas and Keeffe) are serving a ban for using PED's (without qualifying the circumstances)in a statement (granted it being a fact) that appears to diminish their value whilst assassinating their character at the same time. He's the same guy who did cartwheels when his side landed Beams, the same guy who had Beams in his avatar for almost one year. The truth is they (Keeffe and Thomas) are as guilty of taking PED's as Crowley and Saad, it was unintentional. If rumours that are floating all over the interwebs are true it can't be denied that they are no worse than Beams, or Buddy Franklin or even Steele Sidebottom from my club, or a number of players at all clubs, it's just that they are extremely unlucky. The (obvious) irony is that Beams might be the best thing that's happened to a club that's been a basket case for the past ten years, although trading out Crisp and putting a long list of untouchables, and tweeting from their coach and captain, all this behaviour is hitting front and centre and as hard as a steam-train.

What's this got to do with the trading of said players? it's all pertinent. You unpack all that, and they are banned for one more year for doing something that a player who they traded the kitchen sink for (if rumours are true) has a much greater reputation of partaking in said substances. Again, irony is glaringly obvious.

Last edited:
Sorry for that. It was a rude. I apologise.

In regards to signing players under a WADA ban, I am pretty certain and you can bookmark this that they can not sign a new contract as it cant be ratified by the AFL. Allowing a ban WADA player to sign a contract for a team is against WADA rules (They are banned from the sport and any sport under WADA control). They could go to the NFL though.

Like you said it is an area that most people dont know about myself included. I dont know what collingwood can do in terms of retention, but I think that they can delist them this year, then next year at the end of the ban re-rookie them like any club. I dont think they are allowed in either draft (from my point above).

They will not be on an AFL list next year, but like I said, I dont know the fine print in their collingwood contracts so collingwood may be able to retain them.

It is a grey area, as with the essendon situation for example, would Port be able to retain Ryder if he gets banned or would that be the risk they took?
The club seems to be under the impression that they can re-draft them as rookies this year. It will be interesting to see what happens, because the pies have made it pretty clear what their intentions are.

The club seems to be under the impression that they can re-draft them as rookies this year. It will be interesting to see what happens, because the pies have made it pretty clear what their intentions are.

Like I said but I dont know what will happen with them at Collingwood so I can believe that. I have read a few articles, where collingwood have said they would redraft them. No articles did it say they would redraft them this year.

like the article http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-08-12/keeping-in-touch-with-banned-magpies it is very vague.

So the intentions are definitely there, just remains to be seen what the AFL will allow. It will definitely be a precedent for the competition. As all other banned players have been removed from the AFL lists (except crowley however his ban was after the draft/list lodgements.

Like I said but I dont know what will happen with them at Collingwood so I can believe that. I have read a few articles, where collingwood have said they would redraft them. No articles did it say they would redraft them this year.

like the article http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-08-12/keeping-in-touch-with-banned-magpies it is very vague.

So the intentions are definitely there, just remains to be seen what the AFL will allow. It will definitely be a precedent for the competition. As all other banned players have been removed from the AFL lists (except crowley however his ban was after the draft/list lodgements.
They're pretty specific on the rules surrounding the players and club contact. They aren't allowed near the club for the duration of the ban, but the club can offer support such as training advice etc. Sounds as if they've looked in to it before announcing anything.

Not a bad get for Carlton, throw away 3rd/4th would be a decent get. He will get to play as a rover at AFL level at Carlton.
Not sure the Pies would let him go that cheaply. He's contracted, and a late pick isn't worth squat in a shallow draft. They'd likely hold on to him for another 12 months if they weren't going to get a reasonable return.

2nd Rounder and Maybe swap of Picks in the 3rd

2nd rounder? He isn't worth what he was drafted at regardless of what you think, and how much I rate the bloke. Has barely played a match, an early 3rd is generous. Carlton's 3rd is probably around the mark. If the Pies are insisting on a 2nd for Kennedy they are kidding themselves. If he was worth a 2nd, he'd be getting a game right now.

Not sure the Pies would let him go that cheaply. He's contracted, and a late pick isn't worth squat in a shallow draft. They'd likely hold on to him for another 12 months if they weren't going to get a reasonable return.

You know I heard the same thing when Caleb Daniel was drafted last year...or Dane Swan...or Luke Parker. There are hidden gems, you have to find them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, I wasn't having a dig at Beams.

Context is this, TheBrownDog said, these guys (Thomas and Keeffe) are serving a ban for using PED's (without qualifying the circumstances)in a statement (granted it being a fact) that appears to diminish their value whilst assassinating their character at the same time. He's the same guy who did cartwheels when his side landed Beams, the same guy who had Beams in his avatar for almost one year. The truth is they (Keeffe and Thomas) are as guilty of taking PED's as Crowley and Saad, it was unintentional. If rumours that are floating all over the interwebs are true it can't be denied that they are no worse than Beams, or Buddy Franklin or even Steele Sidebottom from my club, or a number of players at all clubs, it's just that they are extremely unlucky. The (obvious) irony is that Beams might be the best thing that's happened to a club that's been a basket case for the past ten years, although trading out Crisp and putting a long list of untouchables, and tweeting from their coach and captain, all this behaviour is hitting front and centre and as hard as a steam-train.

What's this got to do with the trading of said players? it's all pertinent. You unpack all that, and they are banned for one more year for doing something that a player who they traded the kitchen sink for (if rumours are true) has a much greater reputation of partaking in said substances. Again, irony is glaringly obvious.

You've lost the plot.

You know I heard the same thing when Caleb Daniel was drafted last year...or Dane Swan...or Luke Parker. There are hidden gems, you have to find them.
Last years draft was deep. Swan was selected in the fabled 'superdraft'. The 2010 draft was reasonably deep too. It's all well and good to say there are 'hidden gems' but I'd rather our club play the percentages rather than give away a kid they've put 3 years work in to for a late pick in a draft that's pretty awful outside the top 30.

Last years draft was deep. Swan was selected in the fabled 'superdraft'. The 2010 draft was reasonably deep too. It's all well and good to say there are 'hidden gems' but I'd rather our club play the percentages rather than give away a kid they've put 3 years work in to for a late pick in a draft that's pretty awful outside the top 30.

This idea that 'this draft is awful' before the draft has taken place is weird....2006 was meant to be the best draft since 2001...it was awful. If Kennedy isn't playing rover, he is useless for Collingwood and with Taylor Adams I'm not sure he is playing rover at the Pies. Might as well get another pick, target a specific type, whether it be a forward, or a defender.

With what! Seriously if they get JOM there should be questions.
They could offer 2 firsts and some experienced player. There's question marks on his knees but bloke is a jet if he passes medical you look at getting it done

They could offer 2 firsts and some experienced player. There's question marks on his knees but bloke is a jet if he passes medical you look at getting it done

2 firsts (which are absolute rubbish picks) shouldn't cut it. That player better be a very good player going GCs way and I'd be wanting one of Hawthorn's best 3-4 youngsters if I were GC.

Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne are all contracted until the end of 2016. Those three players are on a fairly large salary and given they won't be on our list beyond 2016 plus our ability to lure good players over to our club it shouldn't come as a surprise that we are targeting Jaeger O'Meara. Not that we will get him though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back