Injury 2015 Injury List update (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad injury list to be perfectly honest. Murph will be ready for round 1 and will get a practice match under his belt, so really Walker and Kreuzer the only 2 from our best 22. Giles and Foster are projects and Ellard depth.

No need to rush Murphy. Caution is best.

Walker no chance for R1 you'd imagine.

Kreuzer , well if he ever plays god footy for us again it'll be a bonus

It's difficult with those strains because they all heal differently. I still have no reason to believe he won't run out against Richmond.
Carlton has a history of labelling injuries as '1-2' weeks which stretches out...to 3 weeks...and then 4 weeks...and so on. And yet the injury list still states '1-2' weeks.

I'll believe Murph is fine when I see him run out, hopefully against Richmond.

Carlton has a history of labelling injuries as '1-2' weeks which stretches out...to 3 weeks...and then 4 weeks...and so on. And yet the injury list still states '1-2' weeks.

I'll believe Murph is fine when I see him run out, hopefully against Richmond.
I know we do. My mate at FSN has heard from the club though and they fully expect him to run out.

The reason the 1-2 weeks comes out so often is because that's how long they expect it to heal. It's a countdown. When they aren't ready in the expected 1-2 weeks, they then think it will only be another 1-2 weeks from that point.

I know we do. My mate at FSN has heard from the club though and they fully expect him to run out.

The reason the 1-2 weeks comes out so often is because that's how long they expect it to heal. It's a countdown. When they aren't ready in the expected 1-2 weeks, they then think it will only be another 1-2 weeks from that point.
Ahh I think some of it is legitimate expectation and some of it isn't. We'll see.

Ahh I think some of it is legitimate expectation and some of it isn't. We'll see.
If it helps, most physio's give the same time frame. Any time I've had a soft tissue injury they give you a time frame but it can be slower to heal than expected. Absolutely nothing more frustrating. Can't even imagine what it's like for these guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-03-17/injury-update-march-17

Meanwhile Andrew Walker has donned a knee brace as he continues on the road to recovery.
McKay says the brace is just taking pressure off Walker's knee and is no cause for concern.
"It certainly doesn't mean that he (Walker) has gone backwards at all – he's going well, but he's touch and go for round one still.
If it's not round one it will be shortly after."

Injury list

Ellard (calf) – test
Foster (foot) – test
Gibbs (shoulder) – test
Giles (foot) – indefinite
Kreuzer (foot) – 5 weeks
Murphy (calf) – test
Walker (knee) – 3-4 weeks
Warnock (shoulder) – test

Liar Liar Pants ...

Seriously there is no way in hell Walker can play R1. He wouldn't have run for weeks now. And now he's built like Darth Vader.

I don't know if the Walker charade is more for the benefit of fans or to keep Richmond guessing as to what our rd 1 line up will be. My guess is the former. I sometimes wish that signed up members could get an exclusive look at the real injury list, where players who were 5 weeks away were not listed as 1-2 (yes, I do know this is totally unrealistic)

They talk about "exclusive" emails and the like mm#3 but realistically anything coming out of the club has to be one consistent lie or a consistent truth.

Oh I know there's no way to report things to "dedicated fans" without it spreading further. I just hate not knowing what is actually going on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back