2015 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What membership number should the club be targeting? Would hate to have less than PAP, why don't the Crows have a tally on their website?

What membership number should the club be targeting? Would hate to have less than PAP, why don't the Crows have a tally on their website?

My friend only on sunday tried to organise membership online for an essential crows or silver m/ship and was told they were sold out, so im thinking they should be aiming for 60,000 atleast, got 58,000 last year without signing up local pigeons and rats for 'Pet' memberships...like some clubs.

The sponsors dropped off in 2013 - as per last years' financial statements... Yet all you heard Chapman talk about was accelerated depreciation which was miniscule in comparison ;)

Allegedly some of the drop was due to funds diverted by a key sponsor to pay for a suspended key official... But this would only explain 10%.

It has been reported by numerous sources that notso has put sponsors & potential sponsors offside with his attitude - which begs the question why he was put in charge of this area.

You would hope that with Adelaide oval sponsorship has picked up in 2014. However, as a well supported club we should be doing better!

TBH the sponsors getting their backs up over smarts attitude is nothing surprising, a close family member who had a bit to do with him said he was a nice guy but came across as very arrogant ('Ahem' State Jumper responses). But still i can't see fages holding a job for him if he stuffs up the business as badly as you suggest, no matter how great a player he was, and neither should he.

TBH the sponsors getting their backs up over smarts attitude is nothing surprising, a close family member who had a bit to do with him said he was a nice guy but came across as very arrogant ('Ahem' State Jumper responses). But still i can't see fages holding a job for him if he stuffs up the business as badly as you suggest, no matter how great a player he was, and neither should he.
We would have been better paying him to stay away from sponsors ;)

Surely the club will be aiming for 65,000 members in 2015. We got 57421 in 2014 so surely we should be aiming for 7000-10000 more next year.

An excellent change will be offering a couple of thousand seats under cover invthe riverbank stand, as the club had quite a few complaints from families with GA memberships that there was only standing room available unlike the Power.

There seems to be some talk of Essential not being all it's cracked up to be? I have submitted an online change request to swap from an isle seat in 536 on the eastern wing to Essential.

Should I cancel this request?? I liked the option to buy guest passes as whilst me seat is pretty awesome, I'd like to attend with mates or family sometimes.

Would love some thoughts from current Essential members as to there usual gameday experience and ability to get guest passes??

TIA

There seems to be some talk of Essential not being all it's cracked up to be? I have submitted an online change request to swap from an isle seat in 536 on the eastern wing to Essential.

Should I cancel this request?? I liked the option to buy guest passes as whilst me seat is pretty awesome, I'd like to attend with mates or family sometimes.

Would love some thoughts from current Essential members as to there usual gameday experience and ability to get guest passes??

TIA
Lol - We are Essential and looking at moving in the next couple of years. It's barely worthwhile anymore.

Here are some of the reasons we used to prefer Essential;

1. Could always turn up at anytime and be assured of a seat. This has gone, if you're not there at least an hour before the game you're screwed.

2. If you were next to idiots you could move. No more - the seat is the seat, you can't move.

3. Loved the guest pass, could always take friends - guest passes are rare now, if they give them it's limited and only to s**t games.

4. We can take our son free. This still applies and is the only reason we keep it. He will be too old after next season though anyway.

5. Facilities in South and East stand vastly superior than west.

6. At least the sun is not in your eyes for twighlight games if you're on west side

Overall EC membership has turned to s**t at AO IMO

Edit - note the situation will only worsen as they continue to increase the allocation of optional reserved seating. They have increased it for next year - total rort because you are already paying once - then an extra 20 odd per game to reserve a seat. You can get sucked in to thinking about that option because getting a seat has become such a s**t fight

Last edited:
Lol - We are Essential and looking at moving in the next couple of years. It's barely worthwhile anymore.

Here are some of the reasons we used to prefer Essential;

1. Could always turn up at anytime and be assured of a seat. This has gone, if you're not there at least an hour before the game you're screwed.

2. If you were next to idiots you could move. No more - the seat is the seat, you can't move.

3. Loved the guest pass, could always take friends - guest passes are rare now, if they give them it's limited and only to s**t games.

4. We can take our son free. This still applies and is the only reason we keep it. He will be too old after next season though anyway.

5. Facilities in South and East stand vastly superior than west.

6. At least the sun is not in your eyes for twighlight games if you're on west side

Overall EC membership has turned to s**t at AO IMO

Edit - note the situation will only worsen as they continue to increase the allocation of optional reserved seating. They have increased it for next year - total rort because you are already paying once - then an extra 20 odd per game to reserve a seat. You can get sucked in to thinking about that option because getting a seat has become such a s**t fight

All of your points are valid if you want to sit at a game.

I prefer to stand and go to games at the G, not just Crows games. For that Essential is good value.

Bit of perspective - went to the NE Patriots @ San Diego Chargers (NFL) and sat in the end zone 10 rows from front - paid A$340 for a ticket.

No longer whinging about Adelaide Oval membership of $650-.

PS : You do not want to know what I'm paying for a Super Bowl ticket on Feb 1 (again in the end zone).

The benefit is at least you're only next to the idiot for one game. With a reserved seat, you're stuck with them all season.

Despite the fight for open choice seating being more...er...competitive, I still think the benefits of Essential Crows (open choice seating, guest passes, reciprocal rights at the MCG, entry to SANFL finals) still outweigh the negatives.

My friend only on sunday tried to organise membership online for an essential crows or silver m/ship and was told they were sold out, so im thinking they should be aiming for 60,000 atleast, got 58,000 last year without signing up local pigeons and rats for 'Pet' memberships...like some clubs.

Ehm.. I'll just leave this here o_O

Pet Membership - http://19thman.com.au/memberships?view=class&class_id=67

ScreenShot2014-12-18at35423pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good question.

Based on last year's accounts:
- $40 per person for increased admin costs - probably half due to tippett-gate. Thank you triggy!

-$40 per person to make up for lost sponsorship - thanks to not so smart for alienating sponsors... Perhaps the club could save money to have him staying at home...
I'd imagine some sponsors might have looked elsewhere in the wake of tippett-gate as well.

As our former CEO once said: "mud sticks".

No clubs count non game memberships in the Final Audited AFL Count - realeased in August.

Both Port and Us have had Pet, Baby, and non ticketed memberships for at least 10 years, My eldest daughter is now 9 and she was a Crows Baby Member when she was born, as long as moneu goes to the club, why would anyone have a problem with these memberships?????? :mad::eek:

Got my renewal today in the post, and paid up during lunch. All I've been waiting for was the letter, not some lame arse email; I got the letter and paid. Can't wait for the year to begin

TIA
nothing wrong with Essential Crows really if you get there at least an hour before and with the guest passes when they do make them for sale just make sure you get yours whenever they go on sale straight away

Got my renewal today in the post, and paid up during lunch. All I've been waiting for was the letter, not some lame arse email; I got the letter and paid. Can't wait for the year to begin
Yes, I'm waiting for the letter too, didn't want to just do it without that, but mine still hasn't arrived. :mad:

I got my letter yesterday in the post, I paid it online in full on Thurs, quite disappointed with the whole process, from not being able to see any of the gift products, that you choose when you pay for your mship (scarf,mug etc). It would have been nice to see photo's on the website (i couldn't find any).

Why couldn't the club have sent emails explaining the process over the last two weeks? I assume that part payers got their letters 1st as payments started on the 14/12 (I think) & then the rest of us got our letters (late this week ) - complete with mistake on the letter saying our fees were due on 12/12 instead of 14/01 (the afc sent our press releases to the media yesterday to fix this stuff up).

I got my letter yesterday in the post, I paid it online in full on Thurs, quite disappointed with the whole process, from not being able to see any of the gift products, that you choose when you pay for your mship (scarf,mug etc). It would have been nice to see photo's on the website (i couldn't find any).

Why couldn't the club have sent emails explaining the process over the last two weeks? I assume that part payers got their letters 1st as payments started on the 14/12 (I think) & then the rest of us got our letters (late this week ) - complete with mistake on the letter saying our fees were due on 12/12 instead of 14/01 (the afc sent our press releases to the media yesterday to fix this stuff up).

The images of the gifts are here http://19thman.com.au/memberschoice

Bit of perspective - went to the NE Patriots @ San Diego Chargers (NFL) and sat in the end zone 10 rows from front - paid A$340 for a ticket.

No longer whinging about Adelaide Oval membership of $650-.

PS : You do not want to know what I'm paying for a Super Bowl ticket on Feb 1 (again in the end zone).

Yeah, I saw the NY Giants play last year and it almost cost as much as my entire membership here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back