2015 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon beat Hawthorn.
Correct. So an analysis over 16 completed games in total would be a better guide.

Richmond and the bulldogs have both won 10 games, Adelaide and North have both won 9 so those teams have shown to be of relatively even quality.

The original post I quoted that claimed West Coast have a easy draw is a fallacy as shown by a comparison of our draw against yours, unless you want to concede that Fremantle have also had an easy draw

They have a long running habit of doing it. Hodge injured Nigel Lappin way back in 2007 with a kick to the calf. Hodge got nothing, Lappin was out for weeks.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/m...-lappin-injuries/story-e6frfglf-1111113362520

It's why I dearly hope for Suban or De Boer to bring a Byron Pickett style shitmixer to them. They're happy to injure players with snipes, but absolutely meltdown when it happens to them. Who can forget their tears when Lloyd ironed out Sewell?

Sandilands should pick Mitchell up by the neck and piledrive him into the pitch.
It's hard to describe how much I hate Hodge. utensil head and faux tough guy.

If WC keep the hawks out of the top-2 they will do us a huge favor. If the Hawks get top-2 I can't see anyone beating them.

WC vs Freo GF could be our favored outcome... as much as I know it pains many here to see WC even go as far as make the GF. Maybe this year we must hope for them to do well - until we face them on the last game of the year.

I agree.We need the Hawks to travel in the first week of the finals.

Adelaide beat north, haven't played Richmond

Bulldogs beat Richmond, haven't played north
So?

Port, Richmond and North are all better sides than their respective peers on the same number of wins. Hawthorn have fewer wins than Freo but are a better side.

They have a long running habit of doing it. Hodge injured Nigel Lappin way back in 2007 with a kick to the calf. Hodge got nothing, Lappin was out for weeks.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/m...-lappin-injuries/story-e6frfglf-1111113362520

It's why I dearly hope for Suban or De Boer to bring a Byron Pickett style shitmixer to them. They're happy to injure players with snipes, but absolutely meltdown when it happens to them. Who can forget their tears when Lloyd ironed out Sewell?

Sandilands should pick Mitchell up by the neck and piledrive him into the pitch.

Sandi,de boer,Suban and Spurr are the ones.I would love to see our lads fight fire with fire with the Hawks.

It's hard to describe how much I hate Hodge. utensil head and faux tough guy.
He is a genuinely tough player, the problem I have is that it's pretty clear that the Hawks go out on the field with a mantra of breaking the rules and targeting opposition players when given the chance. Eg. Goldstein and Fyfe
Three dog acts already this year from their 3 'leaders' (Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell) and don't forget the behind the play sniper in Gibson, gut punching in almost every match.

Correct. So an analysis over 16 completed games in total would be a better guide.

Richmond and the bulldogs have both won 10 games, Adelaide and North have both won 9 so those teams have shown to be of relatively even quality.

The original post I quoted that claimed West Coast have a easy draw is a fallacy as shown by a comparison of our draw against yours, unless you want to concede that Fremantle have also had an easy draw

Here's one for you then, you get an 8 day break without any travel before the derby in two weeks time. Freo get a 7 day break and have to travel the week before.

Sticks and stones I reckon there are always dick head supporters but I am ok with Jettas reaction fair enough to give some back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Race row as Goodes booed, West Coast fan thrown out

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/29057272/race-row-as-goodes-booed-west-coast-fan-thrown-out/

brought to you by the same supporters that booed Jobe Watson to tears and an injured Tom Hawkins.

Poor form.

I remember when Godard when at the Saints injured himself. Freo were clearly going to lose at that stage and we clapped him off. He gave the crowd an appreciative thumbs up. Couldn't see those flogs west coast doing it.

Lets compare the draw :

Hawthorn - Both play once (Freo played in Tassie, West Coast play at home)
Sydney - Both play once, both at Subi
Richmond - Freo play twice, West coast once at MCG
Bulldogs - Freo once at Docklands, Eagles play twice
Adelaide - Freo once in adelaide, Eagles play twice
North -Freo play twice, West Coast went to Tassie
GWS - Both place once, both at Subi
Geelong - Both play once (Freo at Kardinia, West Coast at Subi)
Collingwood - Both play once (Freo at Subi, West Coast at Docklands)
Port - Freo play twice, West Coast once in Adelaide
Saints - Freo play once at Etihad, West Coast play twice
Essendon - Both play once, both at Subi
Melbourne - Freo play twice, West Coast went to Darwin
Carlton - Both play once, both at Subi
Gold Coast - Freo played on the Gold Coast, West Coast play twice
Brisbane - Both play once, Freo at Subi, West Coast in Brisbane

So of the teams each side plays twice :
We both play teams currently on 10 wins twice - Richmond and Bulldogs
We both play teams currently on 9 wins twice - Adelaide and North
Port have 7 wins, Saints have 6 - Slight advantage to West Coast
Melbourne have 5 wins, Gold Coast have 2 - Advantage to West Coast but easy kills for both teams (assuming both teams actually win their return engagements as they should)

Looks pretty even to me
Now compare breaks between games, runs of relative easy games to hard games, ie playing Hawks then Freo at home one after the other with no travel. Availability of best 22 ala Sydney. Other circumstances - playing Adelaide as first game after coach is killed. Games played in inclement weather? There has been a massive element of luck involved there

Now compare breaks between games, runs of relative easy games to hard games, ie playing Hawks then Freo at home one after the other with no travel. Availability of best 22 ala Sydney. Other circumstances - playing Adelaide as first game after coach is killed. Games played in inclement weather? There has been a massive element of luck involved there
Seriously, for a side that has lost key backmen they run into the biggest amount of luck. Pies lose Cloke in the first quarter and the Swans are without Tippett and Franklin.
They are playing to their strengths at the moment however and it's not the Eagles fault that other teams have shite ruck divisions.

To point to the relative ruck weakness of the Eagles opponents is to ignore just how good Naitanui is at directing the ball to his midfielders and the variations he has at his disposal with their set plays. We have the biggest advantage in the league with Sandi and yet the predictability of our setups has been used against us to good effect in the last 6 weeks or so.
Naitanui puts in anywhere from forward to back to behind his head on a dime and its very difficult to counter. That and the way he simply bullocks the ball forward from a stoppage are proving highly effective.

To point to the relative ruck weakness of the Eagles opponents is to ignore just how good Naitanui is at directing the ball to his midfielders and the variations he has at his disposal with their set plays. We have the biggest advantage in the league with Sandi and yet the predictability of our setups has been used against us to good effect in the last 6 weeks or so.
Naitanui puts in anywhere from forward to back to behind his head on a dime and its very difficult to counter. That and the way he simply bullocks the ball forward from a stoppage are proving highly effective.
Yeah, people on this board have a pathological aversion to praising Naitanui. At least the nonsense that Clarke is as good has stopped.

But on Naitanui vs Sandilands: Naitanui averages his second lowest disposal average and lowest hitout average against Freo. He cannot beat Sandilands - literally no ruckman in the league can. Sure, Naitanui has other abilities that Sandilands could only dream of, but when it comes to the ruck battle, Sandi will win.

The question will be how the West Coast midfield performs once denied of his silver service. When Naitanui has been out of form their midfield has been appalling. I haven't seen anything in the way they've played this year that suggests anything has fundamentally changed, Naitanui has simply starred and everything has flowed thereafter.

This post is not probably very popular, but I think it's a very accurate, Naitanui is the ruckmans Cyril Rioli, stats don't matter, it's what he does for his team that counts. I'll be honest always thought he was media pet, still is but if he keeps doing what he is, he's earned it.
Hope him and Sandi go head on in few weeks could be a cracker.

Yeah but Nicknat doesn't get his own way against Sandi. Sandi is a formidable opponent, and cannot be ragdolled.
You people have to have a look at the current ladder, and realise we are top for a reason.

No doubt but it's pretty easy to do that when your the only ruckman up in the air. Two games against 2 good ruckmen = 2 losses.
When the West Coast midfielders have to defend instead of running forward in anticipation then we'll see what happens. In fact it will be quite a viewing spectacle when the Hawks just man up their mids at the stoppages.

hawks and wc have pretty good travel schedules once wc get their gc trip out of the way.

btw theres a thread on the wc board about booing goodes..f@ck me I know WA will never win any liberal bleeding heart awards but the underlying racism is evident to all except those posting. Are we the same?

The more they try and convince themselves there is no race element the more they come across as nasty f#ckers. The OP has a KKK moniker?? I wonder is it worse to be a racist and know it or not know it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back