2015 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrific game.

Wanted North to win so it knocked Port back a bit in their top-4 aspirations. Could have gone either way but Port just a little too good. Gray was superb in those last quarter clearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it possible that Brisbane are actually worse than last year?
BRISBANE LIONS

Player Injury Estimated Return
Michael Close Knee Season
Jonathan Freeman Glute 5 weeks
Cian Hanley Knee Season
Pearce Hanley* Hip 10-12 weeks
Ryan Harwood Groin 4 weeks
Luke McGuane Knee TBC
Jackson Paine Shoulder TBC
Tom Rockliff Ribs 4 weeks
Archie Smith Knee 4-6 weeks
Trent West Knee 4 weeks

Yarran's gone for a while you'd think. Flat out punch to Chapman, making him bleed.
I'm eagerly awaiting the result of that, so I can then whinge more about Ballantyne's tough gig.
Because you know an intentional punch will get less weeks than a bump.

BRISBANE LIONS

Player Injury Estimated Return
Michael Close Knee Season
Jonathan Freeman Glute 5 weeks
Cian Hanley Knee Season
Pearce Hanley* Hip 10-12 weeks
Ryan Harwood Groin 4 weeks
Luke McGuane Knee TBC
Jackson Paine Shoulder TBC
Tom Rockliff Ribs 4 weeks
Archie Smith Knee 4-6 weeks
Trent West Knee 4 weeks

I see two best 22 players there, and they recruited some handy mids over the offseason. Not convinced.

That 1st qtr of North/Port was one of the best quarters of footy I've seen so far this year.
Unsustainable. A mature football team would have put the brakes on that and then out run them over a four-quarter game. Like we did.

It's exciting to watch, I'll give them that, but I can't see it as a long term ploy.
Come the end of the season they'll be spent.

How is it possible that Brisbane are actually worse than last year?

Easy - take away their best user by foot in hanley. Pretty easy to see why they Hated playing us with crowley taking away his influence...they can't hit an important target (christensen is a woeful cover). When he comes back they'll probably knock off a couple of unsuspecting sides at the gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back