News 2015 pre-season (Training, photos etc, THREAD FINALLY CLOSED, SEE NEW PHOTOS THREAD)

Will we finally have an injury free preseason in 2015 training ?

• YES?

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • NO?

Votes: 75 43.6%
  • MAYBE?

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • 50/50?

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • OR PHONE A FRIEND?

Votes: 43 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Correct. The hamstring is like a time bomb waiting to go off post op. Part and parcel of the recovery unfortunately.
Talking to my mate right now.

Apparently tearing the hammy post-op is actually regarded as beneficial to the healing process by many surgeons and physios, as the tear will promote global healing in the hamstring area, thus making it less likely that the hamstring will be damaged in the future (or something like that, was complicated).

Long story short, many surgeons and physios will actually encourage a tear in the hamstring post-op, so it's not actually a bad thing if it happens.

As I said earlier, it's entirely possible that Caff and Shaz have both done theirs and it hasn't been reported as it is a standard part of the post-op rehab.

Apparently tearing the hammy post-op is actually regarded as beneficial to the healing process by many surgeons and physios, as the tear will promote global healing in the hamstring area, thus making it less likely that the hamstring will be damaged in the future (or something like that, was complicated).

Long story short, many surgeons and physios will actually encourage a tear in the hamstring post-op, so it's not actually a bad thing if it happens.

As I said earlier, it's entirely possible that Caff and Shaz have both done theirs and it hasn't been reported as it is a standard part of the post-op rehab.
Doubt we'd be encouraging our players to tear a hammy. Sounds like a wives tale to me.

I feel as if it's just a really grey area, some think X, others Y.

I feel as if it's just a really grey area, some think X, others Y.
You're right, it is a grey area, he said as much himself, but I trust his judgement.
He's never steered me wrong in rehab, and is highly regarded by many, so I'm comfortable in backing him in.

You're right, it is a grey area, he said as much himself, but I trust his judgement.
He's never steered me wrong in rehab, and is highly regarded by many, so I'm comfortable in backing him in.

And I'm in no position to question your judgment of him :p

Hopefully all of our doctors get it right this year when it comes to rehab.

B3Kv7q7CMAAr3w1.jpg:small
B3Kg-B7CAAAbDXq.jpg:small

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that Scharenberg? Looks like he has been on the lemon detox diet for the last few months.
Yes it is, i would say he been told to loose weight wile just starting afl journey at our club to ease pressure from weight on the knee wile on rehab duties building strength up on the knee. so a smart and long term outlook on the kid by the club it looks like.

Last edited:
So our new game ball sponsor we have picked up this off season is fuels, unleaded 91, diesel, unleaded e10, ethanol 85, gas, premium 95 and premium 98 http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/ i guess petrol
is better than being sponsored by peptides lol :)

10644721_10152532272176229_6803110852375066937_n.jpg

10398101_10152532271901229_2424361710586391386_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back