Game Day 2015 Replacement Games

Remove this Banner Ad

So the hawks get 4 replacement games..... Don't here them bleating about value, quite the opposite actually, they have sold out of the equivalent membership.

So the hawks get 4 replacement games..... Don't here them bleating about value, quite the opposite actually, they have sold out of the equivalent membership.

What's your point, Phillyroo? We can't be stroppy about losing an extra game while paying more, just because the Hawks supporters don't care?

3 of them at the G

The one at Etihad against us....

I am fine with having replacement games.

I am fine with the teams they are against.

I feel they could be scheduled at a bigger venue to provide better value for members.

It is not like the AFL don't know that by allowing home games members access to an away game it will drive up attendance.

We play * on a Friday night - MCG Vacant.

We play Richmond in the final round of the year - of the 3 days it could be played the G will be vacant one of them.

It could and should be handled better. We should be stronger in our negotiations.

What's your point, Phillyroo? We can't be stroppy about losing an extra game while paying more, just because the Hawks supporters don't care?
Mate I'm sure people can be stroppy, what I'm saying is that Hawthorn are considered by the football world to be a powerhouse, they sell over a third of their home games to another state, they have crazy prices for their memberships (which sell out) and then offer 2nd rate reserved seats to the replacement games for $150.... I bet they will Sell out too.
I just don't think we have much to whinge about.... That's all

Mate I'm sure people can be stroppy, what I'm saying is that Hawthorn are considered by the football world to be a powerhouse, they sell over a third of their home games to another state, they have crazy prices for their memberships (which sell out) and then offer 2nd rate reserved seats to the replacement games for $150.... I bet they will Sell out too.
I just don't think we have much to whinge about.... That's all

That's fair. You could also argue that they do all this while banking huge profits and winning premierships. Perhaps if we do these things we'll have happier campers. Even so, I still think that we can improve the experience and I am strongly of the opinion as a H&A VIC member that a "replacement game" is code for an away game. Given we usually also experience a Geelong game that costs a small fortune to get into (and I'd prefer to give that money to North) I can see the concern. Personally I think and have said in other threads that there is a market, admittedly it might be small, for charging a substantial premium to offer a boutique "replacement" experience. Arguably the same for home games that could use additional selling IMHO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back