2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, I'd have Keays top 15. But he could quite easily slide as the year goes on. Kids from all across the country will start climbing the rankings fast.

I was never all that keen on Conway/Tickner/Dawson/Hammellman as first round/second round draft picks. But I'm somewhat confident with Keays.

Carlisle holding off on contract talks with Bombers :cool:

So, as it stands riiiight now; he joins Hawkins and Henderson as players we should be talking to :thumbsu:
Can't hurt to ask the question, they can only say no and we have nothing to lose from it

Yeah would agree with that, If Carlton has a genuinely shocking season the chances of Henderson leaving would have to increase you would think.

Has any player ever returned to the club from which they were traded? Not like things weren't amicable with the trade. He put his hand up to go, it's just I can't recall it ever having happened before.

Didn't hear anything on Darling...not the type we need anyway.
Yeah maybe not but any foil for our developing guys will help.Might even kick a few goals as well.We haven't been able to pick and choose to rectify this for 3 years or more and it might continue.If we can't draft to win the flag let's draft to play a final.

Pretty sure there was Darling talk but may have signed.

Yeah maybe not but any foil for our developing guys will help.Might even kick a few goals as well.We haven't been able to pick and choose to rectify this for 3 years or more and it might continue.If we can't draft to win the flag let's draft to play a final.

Pretty sure there was Darling talk but may have signed.

Close, McStay and Freeman should be at/reaching their prime come 2017 (as should our whole team)...getting glimpses of their capabilities is all I want to see over the next two seasons.

A final this/next year would be nice though :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waiting to see if Rocket will do the dirty work for us and piss off one of Lynch/Day/Dixon. Gorringe was always on the outer in their list when McKenna was running the show, looks like he's making all the right noises with Rocket and getting his chance at FF.

Keep this going and we may be able to wriggle one of the other three KPPs from Suns. Lynch would be less likely, I'd love to get Dixon though.

Close, McStay and Freeman should be at/reaching their prime come 2017 (as should our whole team)...getting glimpses of their capabilities is all I want to see over the next two seasons.

A final this/next year would be nice though :thumbsu:

I agree with you on premise, but what happens if none of them come through as forwards or at all? I remember similar things being said about Ace and Retzy and they just never really improved. It would mean that come 2017 we would need to draft an established forward. Its the thing that I as a supporter most worry about...that uncertainty...it'd be OK if we had 1 decent sized and skilled tall forward and we were waiting on another out of the 3 to develop.

Waiting to see if Rocket will do the dirty work for us and piss off one of Lynch/Day/Dixon. Gorringe was always on the outer in their list when McKenna was running the show, looks like he's making all the right noises with Rocket and getting his chance at FF.

Keep this going and we may be able to wriggle one of the other three KPPs from Suns. Lynch would be less likely, I'd love to get Dixon though.

Might depend on how Wright goes and if Dixon can get his body right.

We would need to offer Carlisle a dream deal of 5m over 5. Probably worth it considering the state of our forward line. Can play! Personally I would throw the kitchen sink at Tommahawk 7.5 mil over 5 years.

Last edited:
He won't be getting that much at Essendon.

I'd play him at CHB anyway - he's a lot better defender than he is a forward. He'd hold the whole backline together with Clarke and Gardiner for the next decade :thumbsu:

But you don't usually pay $750K for a defender :cool:
did he kick 11 goals in one match last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back