2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far our off season recruiting expectation is something like this:

In
Alex Rance
Charlie Dixon
Pick 1 - Joshua Schache (KPF) or Jacob Weitering (KPD)
Ben Keayes - second round academy selection

Out
James Aish
First round pick for trading Aish (Traded to Gold Coast for Dixon)

Best 22:
B: Harwood, Merrett, Clarke
HB: Adcock, Rance, Golby
C: Hanley, Rockliff, Rich
FOL: Martin, Beams, Redden
HF: Zorko, Freeman, Taylor
F: Green, Dixon, McStay
INT: Christensen, Beams, Robertson, Sub; Robinson/Bewick/Paparone

Love it ️.

However I would have Cutler in before Golby. His upside is immense. We've seen the best from Golby. Cutler needs game after game from now on.

No mention of Leuey? If he's not starting 22 he's gone

Given your lack of KPF would you consider McBean and a third rounder for Aish and a 4th rounder?
This guy?
Mr.%20Bean%202.jpg

Rich Hanley and suckling rotating off the hbf would be awesome. Add that to rance and Clarke holding down key posts. Don't we dare to dream.

Until he stood on a chair

He wouldn't talk back to the coach though. Just gotta make sure they don't host the Lenards Chicken nights at this flat. We all know that would end up in a disaster. Would be funny though.

Him and Hanley would make a nice duo off half back:thumbsu:

Suckling is much like Johnstone in that he is probably the worst "elite" kick in the competition. He pulls out a couple of awesome kicks each game which tend to make you overlook the other things he does. There was a reason he was dropped by Hawthorn at times last year.

Suckling is much like Johnstone in that he is probably the worst "elite" kick in the competition. He pulls out a couple of awesome kicks each game which tend to make you overlook the other things he does. There was a reason he was dropped by Hawthorn at times last year.
Yeah probably but we are talking about the reingning prems that have A graders coming off the bench.

Suckling would add another dimension to our back half and would tag team with rich and hanley nicely. I wouldnt mind taking the punt on him if he is willing to take the punt on us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Aish netted us a top ten pick which is highly unlikely I would be rather pissed if we used that to get Dixon. Dixon is a late first rounder/early second rounder at best. Also if we did get that top ten pick due to Aish I would rather it be used on Schache.
If Dixon plays for the rest of the season, he is going to be worth every bit of value of that first round pick.

If Dixon plays for the rest of the season, he is going to be worth every bit of value of that first round pick.

The only worry for me is he's about 25 and has only played 50 games. It's hard to tell what stage of his development he is at. He still has a fair bit of improvement to be worth a top 10 pick but I think to get him that is what we'll have to spend and to us he's probably worth it.

Well if he plays on undersized teenagers he probably will play like that for the rest of the year.

Dixon at 24 turning 25 this year has played 50 odd games and before last week scored 50 odd goals. A goal a game. Close to where Close is at 15 games. Andrews has scored 3 in 3, but scored every game. To me Andrews is the better long term prospect for that ruck/forward role, no way should he be playing at this point of his career, but he is at least getting experience.

We need a pure reliable key forward, Dixon IMO is not it and I would be most pissed if we went high $$ for him.

The only worry for me is he's about 25 and has only played 50 games. It's hard to tell what stage of his development he is at. He still has a fair bit of improvement to be worth a top 10 pick but I think to get him that is what we'll have to spend and to us he's probably worth it.
I know he's injury prone but that's due to the fact that he's been playing against men at the elite level as a teenager. Not ideal for key position players.

That's a valid point. I guess rest of the season will determine whether we are better off taking that pick to the draft.

The 50 games statistic versus age is a bit overstated. Even though he's 24 he has only played four years of AFL football (2011-2014) because his 18 and 19 year old seasons were spent with GC in the TAC Cup and VFL. It's still not ideal but it's 50 games over four years, not a more misleading 50 games over six years.

Dixon at 24 turning 25 this year has played 50 odd games and before last week scored 50 odd goals. A goal a game. Close to where Close is at 15 games. Andrews has scored 3 in 3, but scored every game. To me Andrews is the better long term prospect for that ruck/forward role, no way should he be playing at this point of his career, but he is at least getting experience.

We need a pure reliable key forward, Dixon IMO is not it and I would be most pissed if we went high $$ for him.

So we go for Carslile and Henderson at big bucks who are both better defenders than they are forwards..?

A couple of reliable posters on here pretty confident Carslile will not leave Victoria.

Dixon spent pretty much half his time (when he wasn't sidelined) either in defence or forward ruck. Hasn't spent a lot of time as a pure forward but when he does he is pretty good. He knows how to use his body, oozes leadership potential, excellent athleticism, good goal sense especially when on the run, and he is about to enter his prime physically. Just needs some continuity in his game in the one position. As I have said before I don't rate the Suns medical team with the Suns having one of the worse injury rates and re-injury rates probably in the comp. They bring their players back way too soon IMO.

At worse he will be a pack crashing focal point in our forward half that can kick a goal or two a game. Will complement Martin perfectly and his best is still yet to come. Would be the number 1 trade target for mine.

If Dixon was to come to us and I'm guessing that we would finish last on the ladder. Is their any possibility that we might get Dixon for lesser value, like how St Kilda got Billy Longer and Bruce. Could we maybe grow a spine and use the PSD as a threat. So rather then trading a first round pick, we get for Aish, we could trade out a Rohan Bewick + a third round pick.

In
Alex Rance
Charlie Dixon
Pick 1 - Joshua Schache (KPF)
First round pick for trading Aish - Jacob Weitering (KPD)
Ben Keayes - second round academy selection

Out
James Aish
Bewick + Third round pick

Any thought's to this method?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back