2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a downgrade on Higgins, but could easily slot into his role.

Consistency is one of his big weaknesses.
Sounds alot like Dickson on our list. Great over head mark, knows how to find the goals but is slow and not very versatile.

Yeah I'm of the view you've just got to persist and insist they fulfil the terms of the their contracts.

For every O'Bree and even Gram (noting there was more at play) and the GH5, there have been numerous examples at our club alone of guys that just hung tough and gutsed it out i.e. Chris Johnson, Black, Power etc. that went on and became the fabric of the club, particularly once they took ownership of the club as we're seeing with the likes of Tommy Rockliff, Jack Redden and Dan Rich.

I'm pretty conflicted with Aish and my views have shifted and changed over the past few months, but I reckon with the talent we've brought in recently and the general optimism around the club etc., we've just got to back the club and players and chances are young James will also see the future the club is heading and also, like those before him that went through the similar lure of home, take ownership of the club and become his own independent man away from family and friends back in SA.
I totally agree that we have a big future and all, with the recent signings of Beams and Christensen. The fact remains, we need to either play finals next season or be close to it. We can't except our young guys buying into the clubs future if all we are doing is talking the talk, rather then walking the walk.

The club has been rebuilding since 2010, thanks to Vossy. Now we have undergone a second rebuild, thanks to the go home 5. Although the second rebuild looks more positive under Leppa, we still need to be close to making the finals next year to convince Aish.

The fact remains, we need to either play finals next season or be close to it. We can't except our young guys buying into the clubs future if all we are doing is talking the talk, rather then walking the walk.

The club has been rebuilding since 2010, thanks to Vossy. Now we have undergone a second rebuild, thanks to the go home 5. Although the second rebuild looks more positive under Leppa, we still need to be close to making the finals next year to convince Aish.

Agreed, although making the finals next season is still a massive ask and something we fans should not be expecting. I think there'll be a fair chunk of supporters that would still consider that a failure, but without any notable key forwards, the fact that our list is one of the youngest etc., 2015 will be a year of learning and consolidating our game plan. Provided we're heading in that upward trajectory, 2016 should be the year where bigger things are expected and hopefully what excites Aish et al to commit to the club.

Sounds alot like Dickson on our list. Great over head mark, knows how to find the goals but is slow and not very versatile.
Not really. His preferred role is probably as an inside mid, but he's not good enough to do that at AFL level. Has mostly played as a defensive forward and a little bit as a small defender. He was a solid role player, but really dropped off over the last couple of years.

I've got the feeling Aish isn't considering the team's performance in his decision.
I think you're wrong on that call.
Aish is wanting to forge his own path and legecy. He's not going to do that at a crap club.
In fact I would say team success is a major factor why he'd be wanting to stay

I said a lot of things when I was 18 too.
Yeah agreed.... there are no guarantees with this one.
If he's fitting in well and buys into the clubs direction... then I think he'll stay regardless of the lure to return home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some guy on the main draft and trading board is claiming that we have a list of 3 big name key forwards that we are chasing for next year.

Doesn't that guy have a bit of a reputation for...well...making up stuff?

Anyway, it probably goes without saying that if we do truly have all this cap space that our first strategy would be to target tall forwards. Hawkins and Walker are RFAs next year and we'd be crazy not to ask the question. And if we're told no, then ask the question again by waving around a whopping great cheque.

Some guy on the main draft and trading board is claiming that we have a list of 3 big name key forwards that we are chasing for next year.

Liked Jake Carlisle as a suggestion, even thou it was raised by an Essendon supporter with a Tongue-in-Cheek. Another year of ASADA trouble and he might be opened to a move, trading with the Bombers could/would be a knightmare thou.

A true KPF would most likely be our priority thou.

Carlton hard nut Mitch Robinson appears most likely to end up in Brisbane with the Lions as a delisted free agent.

The Lions are understood to be keenest on the delisted Blues midfielder with at least one other club believed to have some interest. The Lions are yet to make a contract offer for Robinson who was blindsided by his delisting by Carlton last month.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carltons-robinson-likely-to-be-a-lion-20141020-118y63.html
Good player. Not stupid enough to make the same mistake, surely.

As Skoob said, there is no evidence and no quotes in that article to prove that we are interested in acquiring Robinsion, however, if we were I suppose the clubs mindset is that it is not very often a player of Robinson's quality is available for free. I am not suggesting that he is a superstar but he is no spud on the football field either despite being an apparent s**t bloke.

As Skoob said, there is no evidence and no quotes in that article to prove that we are interested in acquiring Robinsion, however, if we were I suppose the clubs mindset is that it is not very often a player of Robinson's quality is available for free. I am not suggesting that he is a superstar but he is no spud on the football field either despite being an apparent s**t bloke.

I would put him in the spud category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back